Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Inspector Abberline 13th October 2015 05:40 PM

Uncle twilight

10 Attachment(s)
More TZ, Uncle Simon, I was expecting one of there frothy funny ones from the title but instead it has to be one of there more mean spirited ones. Barbara Polk the local spinster looks after her mean old Uncle Simon, played Cedric Hardwicke. He demands hot chocolate and never leaves his laboratory in the cellar. Don siegal directs and Robbie The Robot makes a cameo. Very similar to the first story in Creepshow Fathers Day,but without the robot.

Attachment 171194Attachment 171195Attachment 171196Attachment 171197Attachment 171198

What would happen if the cast of Last Of The Summer Wine made a SCI/fi Horror?????

Attachment 171199Attachment 171200Attachment 171201Attachment 171202Attachment 171203

trebor8273 13th October 2015 05:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tonight's first viewing, but I don't know if it can be in the horror marathon

Attachment 171204

trebor8273 13th October 2015 07:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Next viewing final part of storm of the century

Attachment 171212

SharonLynette 13th October 2015 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 464463)
Tonight's first viewing, but I don't know if it can be in the horror marathon

Attachment 171204

Who cares about the rules, just say it scared you and enjoy!

trebor8273 13th October 2015 08:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Final viewing for the night

Attachment 171221

Attachment 171222

MacBlayne 13th October 2015 09:03 PM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...een4poster.jpg

I have not seen this in 16 years. Back then, I thought it was great. Nowdays, I realise it's as crappy as Michael's mask in this (they really should have stuck to the bandaged look.

There are some good elements:

+ The opening credits are very moody.

+ The wardrobe opening again and again is creepy.

+ Loomis confronting Michael at the diner is a very strong scene that reminds me of The Hitcher a bit. Plus, Michael's bandaged face is a stronger image.

+ Dr. Loomis diving from explosions and firing a handgun is hilarious.

+ Loomis looking up at the burning telephone pole - a message from Christ, perhaps?

+ Post Black Dynamite, it's hard not to laugh at the "Jamie is an orphan!" scene.

+ Would Haddonfield really sell a Michael Myers mask? I'm not sure but I like to think Michael browsed a couple of stores before he found one as it makes me laugh.

+ Michael walking in through the mist is remarkably effective.

+ Michael fighting Brady against a backlit window reminded me of the end of Highlander, a better film.

+ That ending! What a surprise.
SPOILER:
And Loomis trying to shoot a small girl is hysterical.

+ Danielle Harris is great as Jamie.

+ Donald Pleasance is fantastic. He really does bring a dignity and gravitas to proceedings. The scene where he speaks about looking in the mirror everyday is so moving, and it's hard not to feel some emotion when he pleads with Michael in the diner. The producers should be thanking the movie gods that Pleasance agreed to star in it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th October 2015 09:08 PM

I've always thought The Return of Michael Myers to be a fairly strong entry in the series. It ain't perfect by any means but it's entertaining enough.

MacBlayne 13th October 2015 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 464567)
I've always thought The Return of Michael Myers to be a fairly strong entry in the series. It ain't perfect by any means but it's entertaining enough.

Maybe it is. Maybe I'm not aware at how bad the later films are :noidea:

No, no. I don't hate Halloween 4. It's an okay timewaster. Does what it says on the tin.

Back when I was younger, I thought part 5 was better. Let's see if that opinion still holds any water.

SharonLynette 13th October 2015 09:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and tonight Matthew, I'll be watching.....

The Sorcerers (1967).

I feel like my connections are getting a bit obvious, there are a few between this and Witchfinder General, same director, Michael Reeves, same writer Tom Baker (and Michael Reeves) and both star Ian Ogilvy.

I want to be weak again and go for Curse of the Crimson Altar (1968) simply because I really like it. Which could then lead to The Blood Beast Terror (1968).

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th October 2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 464571)
Maybe it is. Maybe I'm not aware at how bad the later films are :noidea:

No, no. I don't hate Halloween 4. It's an okay timewaster. Does what it says on the tin.

Back when I was younger, I thought part 5 was better. Let's see if that opinion still holds any water.

They definitely start to fall away after part 4. 5 is nothing special and The Curse of MM is woeful, but oddly i quite like it. I think it confuses me as much as it confuses itself. :lol: