Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th September 2020, 10:15 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
They did make it believable and genuinely when Sarah Greene got pulled into the basement i did jump, even lying in bed i was a bit scared to go to sleep
For me it was Mike Smith's reaction "That's my wife in there" sort of thing, whilst sounding really scared.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 30th September 2020, 10:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters.

After defeating the witch in the gingerbread house, the brother and sister are now famed witch hunters, when a new blood moon arrives, the siblings are called to a small town that may connect them with their past.

I started the viewing early with this one, director Tommy Wirkola started the film with the introduction from the Brothers Grimm story with the siblings finding the witches house in the woods to killing her in the oven and then becoming bad-asses. Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton play the duo, while Famke Janssen plays the high witch, filled with action and plenty blood and gore makes this worth watching. Up next The Lost Continent.

HanselGretelBar640.jpg
Old 1st October 2020, 12:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Lost Continent. 1968.

Passengers, crew and a captain of a old freighter find themselves adrift and lost in a fog, run aground in a mysterious place with several galleons that have disappeared and trapped the descendants of the crew and killer seaweed and giant mutated monsters.

I think this has been listed as a adventure/thriller type movie but this is more of a chiller flick IMO, when i first seen this, i didn't really enjoy it but after a second viewing it kind grew on me to now i appreciate it. Made entirely in England with a assortment of cast with Hammer veteran Michael Ripper in a small role and German actress Hildegard Knef (who was very attractive in her younger years). It doesn't have it's gothic vibe but does have it's atmospheric moments and eerie sounds, may not be for everyone's taste but certainly worth a viewing.

unnamed.jpg

Up next Hell Night.
Old 1st October 2020, 02:28 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hell Night. 1981.

For their initiation to a fraternity, four pledges have to stay in Garth Manor, a allegedly haunted house where a man killed his family and himself leaving one family member, what starts out as a joke slowly becomes a night of terror.

This has always been a fun little horror for me to watch, the plot is simple and may seem a bit corny but it is well paced and entertaining all the way from start to finish with a little twist towards the end. Linda Blair, Vince Van Patten, Peter Barton and Suki Goodwin play the four pledges who spend the night in the house. There are some memorable scenes with a rug and trapdoor, the chase under the dark gothic type mansion and the finale.

hell-night-1981-starring-linda-blair-on-dvd-1-324x324.jpg

Up Next, Spookies
Old 1st October 2020, 04:23 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Spookies. 1986.

A group of people become trapped in a mansion by a warlock who kills them to keep his wife alive.

One thing i will say...this is a guilty pleasure of mine so don't hate me , it's not one to take seriously as it does have strange monsters in it, like a almost skeletal Grim Reaper, a woman that can turn herself into a almost off balance spider, little demonic goblins and mud farting basement zombies, ah the 80s how much we miss you the acting may not be the greatest and very cheesy but look at the decade that this film came out of, even after so many times of watching it, this is still enjoyable.

vh5-1-e1577759210457-660x330.jpg
Old 1st October 2020, 04:54 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
well I've done the same thing I did the past 2 years by watching Ghostwatch this evening. It still works as a piece of drama, just a shame I never saw it when it was originally broadcasted (I might have done though I was only 4 months old when it was on the beeb so I might have been awake bawling my head off). However from a millennial perspective it is a strong piece of drama and a great example of how less is more in horror.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I saw it on transmission and i won't lie.

IT SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME!
Quote:
They did make it believable and genuinely when Sarah Greene got pulled into the basement i did jump, even lying in bed i was a bit scared to go to sleep
i missed it on original transmission

October 31st, 1992 was a Saturday, and I had tickets for myself and my girlfriend to go and see the late performance of 'The Rocky Horror Show' live on stage in Southampton

Halloween...Rocky Horror...Late performance - it had to be done!

'Ghostwatch' was the main topic of conversation at college the following Monday, but I had to wait years before I actually saw it, and by then (for me) it had lost the power to chill because I knew it was a fake and what it was all about!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 1st October 2020, 07:28 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Excited to get started Friday not watched many film the last while and i have a big watch list of films on Amazon Prime i have never seen before so good times ahead. Last year was tough at times i watched some real rubbish films fingers crossed for a few hidden gems this year. I'm trying to change up my Halloween night list this year again but i haven't even gotten that far in my planning yet .
Friday? Today is the 1st so ill be starting tonight
Old 1st October 2020, 08:10 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters.
I'll probably watch this at some point this month. It's been years since I saw it for the first time, but I remember thinking it was a lot of fun and an interesting take on the Grimm brothers' story.
trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 1st October 2020, 08:40 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Friday? Today is the 1st so ill be starting tonight
I was concerned for a moment
However, Halloween falls on a Saturday this year which is great, I can dedicate my entire day to horror films about Halloween after getting so many suggestions yesterday

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 1st October 2020, 08:42 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Spookies. 1986.

A group of people become trapped in a mansion by a warlock who kills them to keep his wife alive.

One thing i will say...this is a guilty pleasure of mine so don't hate me , it's not one to take seriously as it does have strange monsters in it, like a almost skeletal Grim Reaper, a woman that can turn herself into a almost off balance spider, little demonic goblins and mud farting basement zombies, ah the 80s how much we miss you the acting may not be the greatest and very cheesy but look at the decade that this film came out of, even after so many times of watching it, this is still enjoyable.

Attachment 228109
I saw this for the first time last year and it instantly became one of my favourites. However, the feature doc on the recent bluray answered SO MANY questions haha!!
nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!