Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st October 2020, 10:11 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I didn't know that was possible, thanks for the tip!
I just read your post regarding my choice of Cannibal Corpse album then came here and smiled smugly when i saw this post.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 1st October 2020, 10:38 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I just read your post regarding my choice of Cannibal Corpse album then came here and smiled smugly when i saw this post.
I've looked at that 'add to wishlist' button so many times but I was still surprised by it haha! I use the same function on WowHD all of the time too.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 1st October 2020, 10:42 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've looked at that 'add to wishlist' button so many times but I was still surprised by it haha! I use the same function on WowHD all of the time too.
I've got over 700 items in my Magpie wishlist. Ridiculous really.

Plus thirty odd in my WOWHD one.
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 1st October 2020, 11:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Killer Klowns From Outer Space. 1988.

Aliens disguised as clowns wreck havoc in a small American town.

Even though I watched this last year and no harm in adding a few cheesy horror films from the 80s to the list, very mad camp science fiction comedy horror that still has it's laughs and not the greatest acting, it's almost a parody of those 50s B movies we still love and adore, If anyone has a fear of clowns this would certainly put you off going to the circus.

8eb11cc38a9b6b176f0cfef03538de96-d5gunqf-1-.jpg

Up next TCM Part 2.
Old 2nd October 2020, 12:55 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2.

A former Texas Marshall Lefty Enright si on the hunt for the people that attacked his niece and her disabled brother, when two college boys are attacked and it's recorded by a radio DJ Stretch, he gets her to play it as a request to draw out the killers to a abandoned amusement park.

The first was notorious in it's own way some may like it, some may even hate it, this one was released by Cannon and Tobe Hooper at the helm again due to budget restrictions (any surprises) this seems to be a more comical sequel especially with Bill Moseley as Chop Top, Dennis Hopper as revenge finder Lefty and Caroline Williams as Stretch.

Thanks to Arrow they have included the alternate opening of the film and the notorious deleted scenes that Hooper cut himself due to running times that included more gore and a severed hand able to put up the middle finger, for me this was the better sequel that was released but at some point will watch TCM: The Next Generation.

TCM2poem2.jpg
Old 2nd October 2020, 01:05 AM
Cult Addict

Phenomena

phenomena-creepers.jpg

Haven't seen this one for ages and it's still just as friggin' nuts and bizarre as i remember it.

Take a typical giallo killer murdering young girls, add a sleepwalking Jennifer Connelly who can communicate with insects, bung in some discussion of how the forensic study of bodily decomposition can help in criminal investigations.

Stir well.

Then add a Scottish Donald Pleasence, a razor wielding chimp, a deformed kid, marinade overnight in a pit of putrid body parts then top with a dreamy score and some random Heavy Metal interludes and serve it all up with a large slice of cheese.
Somehow despite making hardly any sense it all melts together to form one of Argento's most enjoyable flicks.

Some of it is gentle and dreamy then this is all interspersed with bloody kill scenes and an escalating insanity as the film nears the conclusion.
I really like the body pit scene, pretty damn grim.

One thing you can't say about the film is that it's predictable.
I really enjoyed the film again and i've got a feeling i wont leave it so long before the next viewing of this demented gem.

phenomena6.jpg

8.5/10

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 2nd October 2020, 01:13 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Phenomena is one of Dario's greatest films IMHO you are right though it can't be predictable but you gotta love the chimp getting a kill in, will admit though first time seeing it, Frau Bruckner decapitating the guy i just about shit myself
Justin101 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 2nd October 2020, 01:15 AM
Cult Addict

I said it wasn't predictable, it's totally all over the shop.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 2nd October 2020, 01:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I said it wasn't predictable, it's totally all over the shop.
Sorry that was my bad, not paying attention while making a cuppa, i shouldn't multitask with my phone in my hand and autocorrect doesn't make a great combination.
Justin101 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I actually had to buy the one i watched a second time.

I have no idea why but last October when i cam to watch Zombie it wouldn't play. I've seen it annually for a decade then suddenly it decided it didn't want to play. Odd thing is i watched The Body Snatcher on the same disc a few days before and it played fine. It was just Zombie. No scratches, marks, grease, nothing
Blimey Dem, the same thing happened to me last October!
The movie from the box set which I watched constantly over the years suddenly started to freeze and skip !! All the other movies in the set are fine. I ended up watching the remaining part of the movie from an old TV showing I transferred to disc ages ago. I bought another copy of the disc from ebay straight away. The disc that came was a DVDR copy but you would not know the difference from the picture.
Just glad I could get another disc.

How strange is that ?

Like this? Share it using the links below!