Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th October 2015, 10:05 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
Yes, but the list is getting longer. I think the pros are outweighing the cons now.

So, cheers.
I can't really think of many cons with this one. I can't say the same for part 5 unfortunately.
MacBlayne and keirarts like this.
Old 13th October 2015, 10:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I can't really think of many cons with this one. I can't say the same for part 5 unfortunately.
I remember part 5 being more stylish so that could be a plus.

On the other hand, however, it is from the director of Omen 4. I watched the Omen boxset a while back and good Lord, is Omen 4 shit.
keirarts and Graeme73 like this.
Old 13th October 2015, 10:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:

On the other hand, however, it is from the director of Omen 4. I watched the Omen boxset a while back and good Lord, is Omen 4 shit.
Totally agree. If it wasn't part of the box set there's no way i'd own it.
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 14th October 2015, 06:55 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Totally agree. If it wasn't part of the box set there's no way i'd own it.
Which is why I don't!

I still own the original trilogy box set that folds oout into a 'cross' shape.
Old 14th October 2015, 07:19 AM
Cultist

Quote:

Plus it's nothing to do with the book, which is the original story and far, far superior i.e. Armageddon 2000
keirarts likes this.
Old 14th October 2015, 08:16 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme73 View Post
Plus it's nothing to do with the book, which is the original story and far, far superior i.e. Armageddon 2000
There's a book?

I saw Armageddon 2000 a while back on the Horror Channel a while back. Barrels of fun. But for Omen knock-offs, I'm going with The Visitor. It's weird and all over the place but the sumptuous visuals give off a nice dream vibe. Plus, Sam Peckinpah plays a doctor.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 14th October 2015, 08:38 AM
Cult Veteran

Friday the 13th for me last night, hot on the tails of The Final Girls. Hmm, this film seems to get worse with every viewing, the pacing is ok as we got to the end without being bored, but there is no development, the characters are boring and the kills are very brief so you can't even tell if the effects are good or not...

About 70 mins in and only Alice is left, my flatmate who's not seen it before said to me, "I don't care about these people, they're just here to get killed" and he has a point

I don't think he's keen to explore the rest of the franchise, which in my opinion is better than the first film with the exception of F13 pt 2 which I find boring, I enjoy the campiness of Jason from 3 to 8 though.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 14th October 2015, 08:50 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Friday the 13th for me last night, hot on the tails of The Final Girls. Hmm, this film seems to get worse with every viewing, the pacing is ok as we got to the end without being bored, but there is no development, the characters are boring and the kills are very brief so you can't even tell if the effects are good or not...

About 70 mins in and only Alice is left, my flatmate who's not seen it before said to me, "I don't care about these people, they're just here to get killed" and he has a point

I don't think he's keen to explore the rest of the franchise, which in my opinion is better than the first film with the exception of F13 pt 2 which I find boring, I enjoy the campiness of Jason from 3 to 8 though.
I actually think Part 2 is a much better film than it's given credit for. Steve Miner is a far more talented filmmaker than Sean Cunningham. The film also takes time to develop the characters (yes, they're just fun-loving teenagers but they're likeable fun-loving teenagers). And I find some bits to be quite creepy (the bit when they're in the dark room [which I know is lifted from A Bay of Blood] is shiver-inducing).

Plus, there is an amazing shot where Ginny is hiding in the cabin and Jason is approaching. Using two windows, and a door, the filmmakers give Jason an almost telepathic ability. It's a genius composition.
Old 14th October 2015, 12:14 PM
Cultist

Quote:
There's a book?
Yep: Omen IV: Armageddon 2000 - The Omen Wiki - Wikia
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 14th October 2015, 02:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

Going to watch the Studio Canal Blu-ray release of Carpenter's They Live tonight.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!