Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:02 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Yep! The Lewton double movies. Body Snatcher and Zombie.
Bizarre!
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Odd Thomas is a fry cook in a small town who can also see the dead. One day he see dozens of bodachs creatures that are drawing to evil. So Odd sets out with the help of his girlfriend and the local sheriff to find out why they are drawing too the town.

Very enjoyable with a great cast of characters , such a shame we didn't get anymore movies. 8.5/10

First time watching this. A brother picks up his brother from prison , on his way too pick up a female friend, they play a joke on trucker called rusty nail, making him believe one of them is a woman and is waiting for him in motel room. Of course the joke takes a bad turn when the trucker arrives killing the occupent of the room. It soon turns into a game of cat and mouse with Rusty seeking revenge.

More enjoyable than I thought it would be, but God the older brother was a complete dick. 7.5/10

Now watching Scouts guide to the zombie apocalypse
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

No planned watches, think I'm going to mix horror, noir, Godzilla, documentaries & whatever else takes my fancy!

Having a rough time at work, need to get tomorrow over with.

Love to everyone.
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:18 PM
Cult Addict

The Collection

After escaping the clutches of the collector, Arkin is forced to take a security team to his house of torture to save a mans daughter from death.
This started so strong, the nightclub scene where all the clubbers are mowed down and crushed is amazing. While not as strong as the previous film, there were some interesting visuals. Again same issue with the whole saw trap reliance, although they did to be fair try and make it more grand which resulted in at least one death that made me giggle.
Apparently a sequel is in the works, we'll wait and see.

Old 2nd October 2020, 07:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Candyman 1992.

Two university students doing a thesis on urban legends and myths decide to do their work on a killer known as "Candyman" little realising how real the myth actually is.

I know we are good friends here and I have no shame in admitting this, this film actually scared the living shit out of me when i saw it at 11 years old, yet years later I don't know why it did. Based on the story by Clive barker and used by the Bloody Mary urban legend and the Hook Killer, Bernard Rose combines the two and created this movie. Tony Todd who may be remembered more for this role, captivates his acting abilities to take on the hooked killer while Virginia Madsen plays the student Helen who seeks him out as a joke that turns deadly. After Even after 28 years this is still a wonderful chilling ghost story of a movie IMO and still enjoyable to watch.

71AwHtkaYpL._SY445_.jpg

Up next, Candyman: Farewell to the flesh
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:48 PM
Cult Master

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 2

Ticks_(1993).jpg

Two social workers take a group of teenagers from bad neighborhoods of the inner city out into the countryside to try and help them to grow as people and get a break from their personal issues of their underprivileged family lives. But what they left behind maybe a safer world to what awaits them in the wilderness. Unpredictable hazards of nature rednecks weed farms and giant murderous ticks. The hood don't sound so bad right now does it.

Seth Green,Clint Howard and the mighty Alfonso Ribeiro that should be enough of a review right there

Ticks is a really fun film the ticks are big and disgusting oozing slime and burrowing inside their victims anyway they can. The effects are great with plenty of blood and guts but the best scenes from an effects point of view have to be the Clint Howard scenes it just looked painful and his cries of panic and desperation really makes you feel his suffering and the lengths he is willing to go to make that pain stop. The whole films moves along nicely with no down time it just sticks to the point and keeps the action coming at a nice steady pace running at 85 minutes the time just disappeared.

Day 2 and another fun film that i will definitely revisit. This is too good to be true the next 28 films will be shit now i just know it

7/10
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Thundercrack! (1975, Curt McDowell)

When a disparate group descend upon an isolated matron in a storm, you may think "not another Old Dark House remake FFS" ....fear not dear labbers ....
To say that this is an unusual film is merely a matter of context. If I were to mention it in the same breath as say, Water Power , it would be less obtuse.
Written by George Kuchar, if that's any help
Imagine if Andy Milligan snapped and just went for it ....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TC.jpg (46.9 KB, 2 views)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 2nd October 2020, 09:04 PM
Cult Veteran

I just scared the crap out of myself watching The Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016) by myself in the dark! Emile Hirsch and Brian Cox with some fantastic chemistry as father and son coroners trying to fine out how this unidentified woman found buried under a 'murder house' died, she doesn't seem related to the 3 dead bodies found in the rest of the house.

The last 20 minutes do let this down a little bit by going into predictable territory but the first hour is fantastic! Worth a watch if you've not seen it before, and don't look into the plot.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 2nd October 2020, 09:06 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I just scared the crap out of myself watching The Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016) by myself in the dark! Emile Hirsch and Brian Cox with some fantastic chemistry as father and son coroners trying to fine out how this unidentified woman found buried under a 'murder house' died, she doesn't seem related to the 3 dead bodies found in the rest of the house.

The last 20 minutes do let this down a little bit by going into predictable territory but the first hour is fantastic! Worth a watch if you've not seen it before, and don't look into the plot.

Have to check this out is it on and streaming services?
Old 2nd October 2020, 09:07 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Have to check this out is it on and streaming services?
Not on any subscriptions no, but can be rented for £3ish on amazon

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!