Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post

You had me at Not a Hollywood Shithouse

Ill put it next on the list
I don't have much time for Blumhouse.
Demoncrat likes this.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 3rd October 2020 at 10:00 PM.
Old 3rd October 2020, 06:15 PM
Cult Veteran

I enjoyed the new Suspiria too but you really have to think of it as not related to the Argento one or you'll be pretty disappointed.

It's set in a Berlin dance school, and that's where the similarity ends!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 3rd October 2020, 06:23 PM
Cult Addict

Pumpkinhead

A Grocery Shop owner swears revenge on some city folk after one of them ran over his son. In rage he summons a demon to kill them off.
The second time I have watched it and both times in really shitty weather (last time during the beast from the east and this time during storm alex), I must have shit luck . Still find it to be a great viewing. Forgot the witches name is Haggis as well.

Old 3rd October 2020, 07:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

22756534328.jpg
THE WOLFMAN (2010)

Mighty fine version based on the 1941 film. For the most part practical make up from Rick Baker and supervisor Dave Elsey. The wolfman looks bloody good and there are some splendid gore scenes.
I was at Black Park when the crew were building the old church and marking locations. The scene with the waterfall behind was actually a raised platform for the cliff and of course the waterfall was added later.

unnamed.jpg
DEATH LINE (1972)

Real dirty and grim movie. Livened up somewhat by Donald Pleasance as the Inspector.
Make up is good and the scenes of the underground corpses are atmospheric and pretty sad.

death line.jpg
"Get your 'air cut"!
Old 3rd October 2020, 07:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Friday the 13th Part 4

Pretty awesome entry tbh, I never enjoyed parts 4-8 until recently, now view them as the best of the series along with many others.

I keep meaning to watch the extras but get mesmarised by the movies time & time again.
Roll on the crazy box set from America!
Old 3rd October 2020, 07:44 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Horror Express (1972) ★★★★

Because of its similarity to the famous Agatha Christie novel and the short story Who Goes There?, this could have been called Monster on the Orient Express – it's a film with a group of characters representing a cross-section of society and a creature which, like Christian Nyby and John Carpenter's films, could be anyone.

The obvious highlight of this is the interplay between Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing, the latter mourning the recent death of his wife, and the film is often at its best when the two men are on screen together with Lee commanding attention through his sheer presence and Cushing busying himself around the set, always doing something interesting.

When Terry Savalas appears as a Cossack policeman, Kazan, years a definite scene stealer, swigging (and gargling) vodka and appearing to be having the time of his life. In their supporting roles, Silvia Tortosa and Helga Liné are very good, though credit must go to Olive Gregg who does the English dub for both characters (and at least one other), making them sound different and distinctive.

It's a film which looks very good and, because of the exterior shots, model work, score and sound effects, it's easy to believe everything takes place on a train. This adds to the atmosphere with a sense of claustrophobia which wouldn't exist if the events will take place in such a confined environment.

This is a film I like a lot and have seen many times – the Arrow Video Blu-ray disc I watched today is my second purchase this format because I have the Severin Films release as well. One of the few things I don't like is the title because I wish they'd used the Spanish title: Panic on the Orient Express.
Old 3rd October 2020, 08:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

So I cracked and am watching

Things

Ahem. Disturbing isn't the word, and that's just the PQ
Two mates check on an isolated mutual friend. What they find ain't cool
Infamous "bad" movie. Only watching this because it will vibratingly contrast with ... the next one on the list. Back in 100 minutes!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg THINGS.jpg (82.0 KB, 3 views)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 3rd October 2020 at 09:19 PM.
Old 3rd October 2020, 08:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Headless Ghost. 1959.

Three students on a tour of Ambrose Castle reportedly to be haunted, they decide to hide until the castle is locked and see if they can find any ghosts. Their patience pays off as they meet the ghost of the Fourth Earl and asks them to help free a ghost.

Despite being billed as a comedy this does have it's dark atmospheric moments set in a somewhat medieval castle that seems to be restored and tourist attraction. Clive Revill Plays the Fourth Earl who likes to manifest himself from paintings and is able to put on a posher English Accent. The Special effects at the the time were decent aswell as the budget but outdated by today's work but still enjoyable, as well as a sultry dance number from Josephine Blake.

the-headless-ghost-review.jpg
Old 3rd October 2020, 08:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Day two.

First time watching this and have to say I really enjoyed it, mixing, gore, horror and comedy , quite well with likable young cast.

It's the story of a zombie outbreak in a small town and it's up too three scouts and a stripper to try to end the outbreak, probably the only film with a zombie penis in it. As a said an enjoyable mix of horror and comedy , while not up their with the likes of return of the living dead , it far better than what passes for comedy/ horror. 8/10

Now watching The Prophecy.
Old 3rd October 2020, 09:01 PM
Cult Veteran

Sleepaway Camp II :Unhappy Campers (1988)

Puts the CAMP into Unhappy Campers. Increases the boobs and dials down the homo-eroticism as compared to the first installment.
Our little psycho Angela is now big girl psycho Angela the camp counselor, she's at it again, offing all the kids for breaking the rules, no second chances here. Everything is ramped up to the max including the knowing humour, the gore and the 80s metal!

Not a patch on the original but still great fun!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!