Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Justin101 9th October 2020 03:05 PM

The third one is a proper horror film, but it's not a proper House film :lol: The fourth one though... painful!!

Frankie Teardrop 9th October 2020 04:43 PM

Back with the trash -

SPACESHIP TERROR – You could put an end to the whole thing and just call it a ‘Saw’ rip-off set on a spaceship, but that would not do justice to the unrelieved grottiness of ‘Spaceship Terror’. Well, I’ve given you the bare bones already – it’s a ‘Saw’ rip-off set on a spaceship – but the ones who get ‘sawed’ are all women who seem very keen to strip off their £1.99 Wilcos DIY paper spacesuits (then somehow don’t), whereas the hidden maniac is an extremely uninteresting man with a beard. I mentioned those £1.99 decorators’ overalls there – I’m convinced half of the budget went on them. That’s a cheap shot, but not half as cheap as this shitfest of a movie; it truly does make something like ‘Creepozoids’ seem more akin to a Merchant Ivory production. Turning that around, if you like films which look like they were shot on quite an old mobile phone that happens to be broken (it may just be the awful transfer, which is a riot of compression artefacts), if you like gratuitous, badly done gore, if you like the weird notion of nudity that mostly never quite materialises – believe me, it’s not that much of a tease here – then perhaps ‘Spaceship Terror’ is for you. The scuzziness extends beyond the look and feel, for there’s a sleazy sadism at work in places, although equally squirm-inducing for me was the constant, overly exaggerated screaming… although maybe the screams were my own, I can’t quite remember. ‘Spaceship Terror’; a baffling trash odyssey that isn’t even set in space.

Susan Foreman 9th October 2020 04:51 PM

'Beyond The Door' (1974) - Uncut export version

Jessica (Juliet Mills), a lovely wholesome, respectable wife and mother of two young children in San Francisco, is married to Robert (Gabriele Lavia), a successful record producer. One of her previous lovers, Dimitri (Richard Johnson), dies in a car crash but as his car is plunging over a cliff, he has a quick chat with Lucifer for another ten years of life in return for helping the horned beast with his plan to impregnate a lovely wholesome, respectable woman with Satan jr. And so Jessica mysteriously becomes pregnant with an unplanned third child - dont'cha just hate it when that happens? With Dimitri hanging around to make certain that Young Old Nick is born safely, Jessica suffers from some bouts of nasty morning sickness including head-swivelling and bile-spewing. But whose side is Dimitri actually on? Does he have a record collection full of Cliff Richard and Stryper, or does his taste veer more towards the Black Sabbath and Slayer?

'Beyond The Door' is a strange film - maybe it's because it was directed by Ovidio G. Assonitis who was responsible for the still incomprehensible movie 'The Visitor'. One of the first 'Exorcist' rip-offs, it also contains traits from 'Rosemarys Baby' and 'The Omen', although the latter would not be made for another two years. This shows how far ahead of his time Assonitis was!!

In this case, however, strange = fun. It's never less than entertaining (even tho you might not understand exactly what is going on), and how can you go wrong with a film that opens in darkness to a monologue from the Devil himself, introducing us to the film:
"Ladies and gentlemen, may I ask for your attention, just for a minute. Soon you will be caught up in the events taking place on the screen, and then you may forget all about me... well, almost, anyway. You see, I must confess to a certain feeling of propriety toward the story that's about to begin because, immodest though it may sound, I play an extremely important part in the proceedings. In fact, without me, there really... wouldn't be any story at all. Of course, you won't actually see me. Unfortunately, in recent centuries, that has gone out of fashion, although there was a time when I was always being painted or impersonated in one way or another, and, as you know, I've always been given the best lines. However, like all of us, I've had to learn to adapt to what is absurdly called, "A More Rational Age," and I've done so by... well, shall we say... by "Going Underground," and, no doubt, some of you, the "Rationalists," the skeptics, will say, like the little girl in this picture, that what you can't see can't exist. Well, my friends, you go on thinking that as long as you can, because, sooner or later, you will discover your mistake. Anyway, now I will leave you alone... in the dark... and let my little story take over. Enjoy yourselves, but, don't forget, that that stranger... sitting in the seat next to you... could be me."

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th October 2020 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 637292)
Are you on drugs, Nos?

The House films are appalling. :lol:

I'm on prescription medication, if that's what you mean!

I've been pleasantly surprised by the first two House films. The first two are not out and out horror films, more comedy-horror and comedy-adventure-fantasy-horror. I'm about to watch the third film and will write a review of that tomorrow.

Dave Boy 9th October 2020 06:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Attachment 228321
NIGHT OF THE CREEPS(1986)

Thought it was time for a bit of humour.
Fun movie with good animatronic effects.
Another movie with horror film in jokes, dialogue and characters named after directors.

MrBarlow 9th October 2020 06:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Society. 1989.

Teen Bill feels he is different from his sister and family, as they mix with upper class society while he rather be with his down to earth friends, all is revealed when he returns home to find a party in full swing and the truth is finally uncovered.

Brian Yuzna's directorial debut comes with a assortment of actors that play out well with mind games that makes Bill thinking he is paranoid and his family seem to let him believe he is different from the rest. Mixed with horror and black comedy makes this film more enjoyable, with the special effects and as some may take "fisting" to far, but at least Bill's dad admits he is finally a Butt head :lol:

Attachment 228322

bleakshaun 9th October 2020 07:45 PM

The Case of the Bloody Iris

A couple of woman are murdered in an apartment building, two other girls move in and one of them sees a masked man in her apartment.
Too tired to really go into details frankly. I ****ing enjoyed this so far probably been the best first time viewing this October. maybe it will pick up now. :pray:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...IrisPoster.jpg

trebor8273 9th October 2020 08:01 PM

Day 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW7r2qKoMBA

Directed by Anthony Hickcox , waxwork , hellraiser 3. The Warlock is resurrected by Satan to find a group of stones that when brought together have the power too bring Satan to earth. The world's only hope is a young teenage couple and some hippy druids.

Some great gore and kills , with the warlocks birth scene reminding me of Frank's resurrection in hellrasier. It all gets very silly at times and prefer the first movie. But worse ways to spend 90 minutes. 7/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieBmy6qjiCI

A classic King adaptation, tell the story of Arnold Cunningham a bullied high school student who buys a dilapidated 1957 Plymouth Fury and starts to restore it, when he does he slowly begins to change and those that have wronged him end up dead. Expertly directed by Carpenter and I could be wrong but was this not one of Kings favourite adaptations ? 9/10

bleakshaun 9th October 2020 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 637313)
Day 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW7r2qKoMBA

Directed by Anthony Hickcox , waxwork , hellraiser 3. The Warlock is resurrected by Satan to find a group of stones that when brought together have the power too bring Satan to earth. The world's only hope is a young teenage couple and some hippy druids.

Some great gore and kills , with the warlocks birth scene reminding me of Frank's resurrection in hellrasier. It all gets very silly at times and prefer the first movie. But worse ways to spend 90 minutes. 7/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieBmy6qjiCI

A classic King adaptation, tell the story of Arnold Cunningham a bullied high school student who buys a dilapidated 1957 Plymouth Fury and starts to restore it, when he does he slowly begins to change and those that have wronged him end up dead. Expertly directed by Carpenter and I could be wrong but was this not one of Kings favourite adaptations ? 9/10

I actually prefer warlock 2 over the first one, the deaths made me giggle.

Nordicdusk 9th October 2020 09:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 9

Attachment 228327

A gambling addict finds an old journal in his grandfathers attic containing the whereabouts of a small fortune in jewels. Max and his friend go to retrieve the Jewels to pay off their gambling deaths before they are written off themselves. When the break into the crypt they release a vampire.

With a low low low low budget if it even had a budget at all :lol:. The acting is terrible the camera is way too close to peoples faces when they are talking i mean the whole screen funerals all take place at night with what appears are car lights as lighting :lol:

My expectations were as low as the budget and even with that I'm still pissed off after watching this 72 minutes and its still too long nothing much happens when the vampire appears its just over before it starts then its back to extreme facial close ups and talking about checking the betting spread on the web. They say the web about a thousand times in this film i swear.

Bollox / 10