Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Justin101 10th October 2020 03:09 PM

The Hills Have Eyes part 2 (1984)

https://www.horrordna.com/images/mov...-part-2-06.jpg

After hearing some pretty bad things about this one I was cautious. However there was no need as I actually enjoyed it, I mean yes it's bad in a 80's sequel kind of way but no worse than any of the others in my opinion. At least all of the cast were pretty, not including Reaper and Pluto!

I must say that I was disappointed by the dog flashback, the way people go on about it I was expecting something more... I dunno, but it was actually just a flashback with a dog in it hah!

Oh, just remembered a great bit of FX work, one of the cast looks up at the hills, it's clearly night time but the shot of the hills must have been in the daytime because they literally coloured in the sky with black paint directly onto the film :lol: Amazing!

Dave Boy 10th October 2020 04:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Attachment 228354
DIARY OF THE DEAD (2007)

Another movie not seen in a long time. George Romero's camcorder footage of the beginnings of the dead rising.
For me, it's all it bit flat. I know it's supposed to be live footage but some of the acting is really bad if you know what I mean.
It's watchable enough and I like the narration over the top. But it really goes down hill when the group arrive at the mansion and the guy is still dressed as a mummy and ends up roaming the halls.
Could of and should of been so much better.

Justin101 10th October 2020 04:13 PM

If I remember correctly, Survival... makes up for Diary and does it better.
Worst thing about Diary is the people in it still feel like they're acting rather than being natural like you would be in actual found footage.

Demoncrat 10th October 2020 04:40 PM

Cried with laughter when we went to see it at the pictures, haven't watched it since.

MrBarlow 10th October 2020 04:49 PM

I was in a queue to see it and some loud mouth woman shouted "that was shit nobody survied, was a laugh with the amish dude killing himself" big spoiler alert should have been announced, Survival does make up for Diary

Susan Foreman 10th October 2020 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 637369)
I was in a queue to see it and some loud mouth woman shouted "that was shit nobody survied, was a laugh with the amish dude killing himself" big spoiler alert should have been announced, Survival does make up for Diary

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th October 2020 06:40 PM

Although it's been a long time since I' seen both, I remember really liking Diary of the Dead and being very disappointed by Survival of the Dead, a film which I wished hadn't been made.

They are long overdue another watch, possibly after watching the other four movies in Romero's series.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th October 2020 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 637326)
Good review, Justin, and thanks for the link to the YouTube video. It looks like it has been well researched, edited, and presented. I've saved for it later and will probably watch it tomorrow morning.

:thankingyou:

I watched the video this morning and thought it was very interesting and well made. The method the guy used seemed fair, though he failed to give Bram Stoker's Dracula (the Coppola film) the point because the younger -looking Dracula (when he's wearing a top hat and sunglasses) has a moustache.

MrBarlow 10th October 2020 07:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I Spit On Your Grave: DeJa Vu. 2019.

Jennifer Hills now a successful writer along with her daughter are kidnapped by the vengeful family Jennifer killed 40 years earlier, can they both survive the onslaught?

I had High hopes for this as Camille Keaton was returning to the role of the woman who was beaten an raped and found her revenge in brutal different ways. at Two hours and twenty eight minutes I thought this will be good, people this film was horseshit, the plot may have been good on paper, maybe some good actors involved but by heck this dragged on to the point where the four walls and ceiling around me looked better. The kills are not bad, we have seen them done before with the snip snip part, the rape scene may be upsetting and tough to watch for some, maybe a re-watch will be involved but we shall see.

Attachment 228357

Justin101 10th October 2020 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 637380)
I watched the video this morning and thought it was very interesting and well made. The method the guy used seemed fair, though he failed to give Bram Stoker's Dracula (the Coppola film) the point because the younger -looking Dracula (when he's wearing a top hat and sunglasses) has a moustache.

I was watching the Mark Gatiss doc this morning and they showed that scene with 'Young Dracula' wearing the sunglasses and I actually said to myself 'He has a mustache!!'. If I remember though, BBC 77 won by two points so it doesn't matter in the end :D