Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

nosferatu42 11th October 2020 09:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My favourite of the Amicus anthology films, love David warner and the Pleasence section.

Attachment 228405

Hope you enjoy snuffin' it...

MrBarlow 11th October 2020 10:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Howling IV: The Original Nightmare. 1988.

A novelist suffers a mental breakdown and moves to a small town and believes she is being tormented by werewolves.

This is more of a update remake version from the Gary Brandner source novel, where people must be in far and few from the original 1981 film, there is no Colony however there is a doctor and a priest (in the next town). The acting may not be the best even though the writer and director didn't get along well they both agreed they made a decent film, that begs to differ, think this is only film I have seen where a guy dissolves into a puddle of ooze and turn into a werewolf, but we do get a nice view of the chest from the female leader.

Attachment 228406

MrBarlow 12th October 2020 12:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pet Sematary. 1989.

After moving to a new area and the family cat dies, Louis Creed and his neighbour Judd takes the cat to a ancient burial ground beyond the Pet Sematary that has the power to bring the dead back.

One of Stephen King's best novels that creeped the shit out of me when I read the book and when i first saw the film I had a hard problem going to sleep all thanks to the make-up department who created Zelda, thanks for traumatizing me. When the remake came out it did seem good and after watching it, the remake can suck it, this was the original horror classic. Dale Midkiff, Denise Crosby and Fred Gwynne play the parts perfectly and I still cringe at the scalpel to the heel part, thank god i'm on night shift and not going to bed anytime soon :lol:

Attachment 228408

Demoncrat 12th October 2020 10:23 AM

Well, I watched a "horror" themed episode of Runaround on YT. Hawtrey pops up as "Dracula". A programme of its time hahaha. :nod::nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th October 2020 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 637530)
Pet Sematary. 1989.

I still cringe at the scalpel to the heel part

I'm the same – I don't have to look away any more, but it affects me more than anything else in the film. It's not as bad as a similar, but different, underwater scene in Sympathy for Mr Vengeance though!

Justin101 12th October 2020 11:35 AM

Halloween: Resurrection (2002)

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/640x360/p01h77xk.jpg

I knew it was going to be bad but I was still disappointed by it.
If H20 was Halloween for the Scream generation then this was Halloween for the American Pie gen, only without the laughs or likable characters.

Katee Sackhoff, girl what you doing in this trash?

Pre-titles sequence was the best bit, I noticed on a lot of the viewer's reviews they're all going crazy for Busta saying he saved the show, but to be honest he added to my misery a LOT! "Trick or Treat MF!!"

Nordicdusk 12th October 2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 637540)
Halloween: Resurrection (2002)

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/640x360/p01h77xk.jpg

I knew it was going to be bad but I was still disappointed by it.
If H20 was Halloween for the Scream generation then this was Halloween for the American Pie gen, only without the laughs or likable characters.

Katee Sackhoff, girl what you doing in this trash?

Pre-titles sequence was the best bit, I noticed on a lot of the viewer's reviews they're all going crazy for Busta saying he saved the show, but to be honest he added to my misery a LOT! "Trick or Treat MF!!"

I have never seen this but Christ Alive it sound horrendous that Busta Rhymes quote fooooooook me.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th October 2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 637543)
I have never seen this but Christ Alive it sound horrendous that Busta Rhymes quote fooooooook me.

As a modern slasher it's okay, but as a Halloween film it's generic aside from the fifteen minute pre-credit sequence which is very good.

The quips, such as the one Justin posted, don't work for me either but some parts are okay in fact i've grown to enjoy it over the years but i can appreciate that it will be off putting for a first time viewing.

I much prefer it to what passes for studio horror nowadays.

Justin101 12th October 2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 637543)

How about this one :lol:

Hey Mikey! Happy F***in' Halloween!

Dave Boy 12th October 2020 12:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Attachment 228411
THE CHURCH (1989)

Good atmospheric horror with some surreal images. Visually great to look at with it's gothic cathedral setting.
Shout out to the soundtrack by Keith Emerson and Goblin.