Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th October 2020 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 637603)
Was going too watch silence of the lambs, but does it count as horror?

The antihero is a guy who eats people and the villain makes skin suits from his victims...

MrBarlow 12th October 2020 11:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Halloween. 2018.

Laurie strode, live under threat that her foe Michael Myers will return one day and come after after. When the bus crashes that's transporting Michael and other patients to a maximum security prison crashes, Michael escapes and head back to Haddonfield.

I must be jacked up on coffee and maybe overtired who knows but I actually enjoyed this, it is predictable, at the start, we are told about what happened and how many people he killed yet the makers decide to have him escape in a bus full of other patients. The killings are far in between at times and tend to be bloody which is what we like, gotta give the film credit for the some blink and miss it nods to the first two films and soundtrack but surely that's gotta be the end of it now.

Attachment 228428

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th October 2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 637615)
Halloween. 2018.

Laurie strode, live under threat that her foe Michael Myers will return one day and come after after. When the bus crashes that's transporting Michael and other patients to a maximum security prison crashes, Michael escapes and head back to Haddonfield.

I must be jacked up on coffee and maybe overtired who knows but I actually enjoyed this, it is predictable, at the start, we are told about what happened and how many people he killed yet the makers decide to have him escape in a bus full of other patients. The killings are far in between at times and tend to be bloody which is what we like, gotta give the film credit for the some blink and miss it nods to the first two films and soundtrack but surely that's gotta be the end of it now.

Attachment 228428

Haha, the end of it?

Halloween Kills is ready to go as we speak, stopped only by Covid, with a third one set for the following year.

Dave Boy 13th October 2020 11:13 AM

4 Attachment(s)

Attachment 228434 Attachment 228435
BLOOD OF DRACULA (1957)

Drive in quickie from AIP. Part of their 'Rock n Roll Monsters' movies as it features the obligatory song and dance scenes.
Sandra Harrison is the moody teen who is unwittingly the subject of an experiment in regression using an amulet from The Carpathian Mountains.
Enjoyable filler movie.

Attachment 228436
THE ZOMBIES OF MORA TAU (1957)

Another quickie. This time from the Sam Katzman stable.
It may be low budget but it's atmospheric and has some good creepy undead sailors walking around in seaweed. The sailors rise from their coffins to stop anyone trying to steal a hidden treasure.

Attachment 228437
13 GHOSTS (1960)

William Castle gimmick movie. The film is light hearted and the film originally had a 'Ghost Viewer' to see or not see the ghosts.
An inherited house is home to 13 ghosts but where is the hidden money. And what about ghost number 13?
Good fun.

MrBarlow 13th October 2020 03:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Antropophagus. 1980.

A group of people arrive on a deserted island and start to be stalked and killed by a deranged cannibal killer who murdered the inhabitants.

Who do we thank for this little gem, George Eastman for writing the screen play or Joe D'Amato for directing this, When i first saw it when it was released on Hollywood DVD label as The Grim Reaper the film was heavily edited and seemed to be missing a lot of plot holes that didn't make much sense, but thanks to 88 films we can enjoy the uncut version. The acting doesn't really blend in well with the dubbing that can be forgiven with the gore we all want to see. :pop2:

Attachment 228445

Frankie Teardrop 13th October 2020 03:53 PM

NIGHT OF THE DEMONS 2 – I have pretty warm memories of the first film and, surprisingly, the remake. But I’d never seen this. I just always thought – “well, that’s bound to be bollocks.” What was I thinking? In my defence, it was made in 1994, a truly moribund year for the genre. When people get into nineties nostalgia, they don’t mention the horror films (until about 1996, but that’s all a matter of opinion really). Anyway, I’ve revised my completely unfounded opinion, because NOTD2 is a smooth moving, well-oiled beast and is almost the ultimate teens-in-a-haunted-house flick. It’s really just a re-tread of the first movie, which was no more than an iteration of a formula anyway – young adults, horniness, house with a past, dark corridors to wander down, choice moments with splatter prosthetics. But behind it is exploitation powerhouse Brian Trenchard Smith, who certainly knows how to lay down crowd pleasing trash with ruthless economy, and NOTD2 just steams ahead, lean and mean – it knows exactly where it’s going, and so will you, most likely. Steve Johnson is the other factor, impressing with a couple of pretty crazed fx set pieces. Highly enjoyable, the kind of film you’d be watching around this time.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th October 2020 04:20 PM

The Devil's Honey (1986) ★★★★

If I didn't know this was directed by Lucio Fulci, I don't think I would have guessed he was one of the people responsible for writing and directing the movie. It has one of the all-time greatest and weirdest beginnings, a sequence in which the main character, Jessica (Blanca Marsillach) is brought to the point of climax by the saxophone stylings of her boyfriend, Johnny (Stefano Madia).

When Johnny is seriously injured in a motorbike crash, subsequently collapsing and then dying on the operating table, Jessica becomes obsessed with Wendell Simpson (Brett Halsey), the doctor whose lack of concentration, distracted by imminent divorce proceedings from his unhappy wife, led to Johnny's untimely death. Events take an even more serious turn when a grief stricken Jessica kidnaps Dr Simpson, tying him up and humiliating him.

Most people will know Lucio Fulci because of his horror or giallo films such as Zombie 2, The Beyond, or Don't Torture a Duckling, so this psychosexual thriller is, a little like the historical drama Beatrice Cenci, a bit of an outlier when compared to the films which make up the bulk of his oeuvre. Although it's a film which few people would watch and identify Fulci as the director, it's also a film which only someone like Fulci would have made, though the lingering shots of Jessica's crotch would likely have earned a nod of approval from Jess Franco.

I really liked this, I thought the non-linear narrative works brilliantly with the character driven story and the flashbacks to develop Johnny and Jessica's relationship and change the nature of her illegal imprisonment of Dr Simpson. It has very strong performances from Brett Halsey, Blanca Marsillach, Corinne Cléry, and Stefano Madia who make this an intense and fascinating watch.

Demoncrat 13th October 2020 05:41 PM

I Drink Your Blood (1970)

I'd have belted that bloody brat until his hide was raw tbh :laugh:
Hippies. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan etc. Whatever happened to brotherly love?
A ragtag bunch of longhairs clash with some simple minded townsfolk in this classic piece of Exploitation. Lynn Lowry's one of 'em!
Grimy and chock full of goodness, this pie needs to be eaten with indecent haste and damn the heartburn :lol:
RECOMMENDED HIGHLY (to those 3 and half types that haven't seen it hahaha)

Nordicdusk 13th October 2020 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 13

Attachment 228448

A budding stage actress is raped by a school friend as his two sidekicks stand by and do nothing. To stop her reporting their crime they blackmail her with an old letter she wrote to her acting teacher. Fearing her boyfriend will leave her if he finds out she take the advice of a friend to answer an ad in the paper to get revenge using a necromancer. The necromancer summons a demon but the girls laugh it off as a fake until the boys start having accidents.

Right from the get go i should of known what was coming i can look passed the bad acting but i hate camera cut away during kills i would rather bad effects than looking at a wall and someone throwing red stuff at it. Pretty non eventful to be honest there was a big build up for a very disappointing pay off. Not one I'd watch again.

3/10

trebor8273 13th October 2020 07:18 PM

Day 12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Mm8Sbe__o

Trainee FBI agent Clarice Starling is told to interview psychopathic cannibal Hannibal Lecter hoping he can give insight and help catch another serial killer called buffalo bill. Lecter expertly plays the FBI too his benefit. The film that gave the world the anti hero of Hannibal Lecter.

Great performances all round, Hopkins performance might be a little hammy at times but it is a amazing performance that well deserved he's Oscar as did Foster. But have too say my favourite performance of Lecter is Mads Mikkelsen. A classic 10/10