Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

bleakshaun 15th October 2020 04:53 PM

The Lodge

A couples weekend getaway to an isolated lodge ends in terror when the man they rented it from turns out to be insane.
For me this was forgettable, maybe if I never watched it after a long shift I would have remembered more. Maybe I'll watch it again in a couple of years.

https://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/wp-con.../the_lodge.jpg

Nordicdusk 15th October 2020 05:11 PM

Playing catch up i missed last night so i have to watch two now i hope they are better than the last few :lol:

Demoncrat 15th October 2020 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 637784)
Halfway up the hill, so let's celebrate with -

NIGHT OF THE DEMON (1980) – Christ, I’d forgotten how mental this one is; it’s tempting to list all of NOTD’s many bizarre flourishes, but I’d need a separate thread. It’s a grindhouse take on Bigfoot that made the Nasty List back in Thatcher’s Britain, but, like ‘Don’t Go Near The Park’, it’s much more of an assault on ordinary common sense and logic than public decency. You get a flavour of what’s to come right from the start, when an unhappy camper’s ravaged arm stump flaps in the soil and sends blood spurting into a nearby footprint... a BIGfootprint, geddit? The credits roll over that little scene, which you wouldn’t expect to set the tone for the entire film, but it does. NOTF becomes a blur of ultra-stiff performances, woodland scenes set to prime seventies easy listening music or screeching electronic noise, and absolutely bizarre kills – forget about the dick-ripping that everyone mentions, what they should be talking about is the bit where Bigfoot seems to murder two knife-brandishing girl scouts by slamming them together until they stab each other to death! Quite literally unbelievable. Even the quieter moments let the craziness seep in – witness the strange fireside seduction of one camper by another, as relayed by badly framed close ups of their faces and a finger pushing a chess piece. OK, you had to be there, but the point is, there isn’t really much in NOTD that resembles even partial sanity. That’s not to say it doesn’t have its longueurs, and it would be probably more accurate to say that it alternates between boring stretches of nothingness and unintentional psychedelia. But the slow motion, entrail-whirling climax will linger on in your mind, even as the rest of NOTD fades like a bad dream

:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::h ail:

Demoncrat 15th October 2020 06:19 PM

Evidence (2012)

Decentish if overwrought FFer. A documentary maker drags his partner and two friends along for the ride when he decides to investigate shenanigans in the local woods ahem.
What they find isn't ..... friendly. He's such a clod though. the evidence is there in front of him, but he's the tortured artist par excellence this one :rolleyes::lol:, so it's all about his opus and damn the consequences. Of which there are plenty.
Not for everyone, and the wild swerve it takes at the end may annoy more than unsettle.

MrBarlow 15th October 2020 06:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[REC] 4: Apocalypse. 2014.

At the building where it all started, a new SWAT team go in with one instruction plant explosive devices and bring the building down, as they near the end of the plan they find a survivor Angela. The two remaining SWAT team members, Angela and a woman from the wedding party are taking on board a ship while doctors try to study the outbreak with a infected host. When the host is let loose can anyone survive the doomed voyage.

This one I never really had high hopes for when I first saw it, outbreak on a boat people running about daft etc, but it did surprise me how it worked, It's not filmed as found footage but does bring back the suspense and tension of being in a confined space mixed with claustrophobia. The acting is done brilliantly with plenty of tension built up around the boat and a good amount of blood splatter. Only down side to this movie was the ending as it was left open for another movie yet the makers insist there won't be a fifth.

Attachment 228561

MrBarlow 15th October 2020 10:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Crocodile. 2000.

A group of college friends head to the wilderness for a spring break party only to be attacked by a giant crocodile.

From Director Tobe Hooper who decided to make another giant man eating crocodile film for reasons he took them to his grave, this was not his best film, the acting wasn't too bad for some and the others I was begging for them to be eaten up quickly and put out of their misery. The CGI effects were not the greatest and seemed out of place, it did have it's moments of enjoyable and makes me wanna dig out Death Trap, do I dare watch the second one.

Attachment 228562

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th October 2020 10:41 PM

Give me Crocodile over Death Trap any day.

MrBarlow 15th October 2020 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 637811)
Give me Crocodile over Death Trap any day.

I always thought Death Trap was high on your list to watch Dem.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th October 2020 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 637812)
I always thought Death Trap was high on your list to watch Dem.

Not me, definitely not.

Here's what i said when Frankie T reviewed it a few years back

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 455501)
Well Frankie i'm definitely in the loathe camp.

However after reading your excellent review i want to watch it again.

So take some pleasure from the fact that i'll either change my opinion and enjoy the movie, or you've bored and frustrated me for 90 minutes.

Either way, you should be proud of the review. :nod:

I didn't bother rewatching.

nosferatu42 15th October 2020 11:44 PM

I like Death Trap, it's far from perfect, too much scenery chewing from Neville Brand, but it has Marylyn Burns, Morticia ,a Scythe, a swamp and a big bitey lizard type creature. ( i can never tell if they're Alligators or Crocodiles myself.)
Surely that's worth a watch.