Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th October 2020, 08:24 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 19

horror-hospital-movie-poster-1974-1020228188.jpg

Jason is in bad need of a break away from the drink drugs and party life style that gose along with life in a band so he heads out to a retreat in the countryside after finding a company called hairy holidays advertising in a magazine. While aboard the train he meets Judy a girl heading to meet her aunt and she promises him a lift when she is getting picked up at the train station on arrival. They are greeted by two leather clad bikers to take them to the manor. Judys aunt and her husband are the owners of the manor that Jason is heading to for the holiday but this is not normal retreat in the country. The place is run by Dr Storm a twisted surgen how is carrying out experiments on the innocent youth who come for rest and relaxation. Dr Storm is operating on their brains to have an army of zombies that will carry out his every order.

So its two for two with the evil drawfves tonight but at least this one has a bit more character and purpose here. Robin Askwith plays Jason and is pretty much the shame character as he plays in the confessions wills a cheeky chappy with a lust for anything in a skirt that moves. The film begins like a bit of a sex comedy quirky music and the dialogue perfectly suited to a confessions film like thetrain scene dont worry love im not gonna rape you which seemed an odd line to help relax a total stranger The make up is crude with massive child drawn scars on the zombies foreheads and they do love a good old fashioned decapitation sometimes even a double decapitation which is nice I really like the look of the bodyguards with the leather bike gear and the white bike helmets it really has a sinister look or maybe i just like leather

I really like tongue n cheek feel to the film but it also has a serious side and i really like the way its blended together without one over shadowing the other. The blood looks fake as f*** but who cares it still looks great pouring out of the back on someones skull even if its glow in the dark red

7/10
Old 19th October 2020, 08:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 19

Attachment 228726

Jason is in bad need of a break away from the drink drugs and party life style that gose along with life in a band so he heads out to a retreat in the countryside after finding a company called hairy holidays advertising in a magazine. While aboard the train he meets Judy a girl heading to meet her aunt and she promises him a lift when she is getting picked up at the train station on arrival. They are greeted by two leather clad bikers to take them to the manor. Judys aunt and her husband are the owners of the manor that Jason is heading to for the holiday but this is not normal retreat in the country. The place is run by Dr Storm a twisted surgen how is carrying out experiments on the innocent youth who come for rest and relaxation. Dr Storm is operating on their brains to have an army of zombies that will carry out his every order.

So its two for two with the evil drawfves tonight but at least this one has a bit more character and purpose here. Robin Askwith plays Jason and is pretty much the shame character as he plays in the confessions wills a cheeky chappy with a lust for anything in a skirt that moves. The film begins like a bit of a sex comedy quirky music and the dialogue perfectly suited to a confessions film like thetrain scene dont worry love im not gonna rape you which seemed an odd line to help relax a total stranger The make up is crude with massive child drawn scars on the zombies foreheads and they do love a good old fashioned decapitation sometimes even a double decapitation which is nice I really like the look of the bodyguards with the leather bike gear and the white bike helmets it really has a sinister look or maybe i just like leather

I really like tongue n cheek feel to the film but it also has a serious side and i really like the way its blended together without one over shadowing the other. The blood looks fake as f*** but who cares it still looks great pouring out of the back on someones skull even if its glow in the dark red

7/10
Had this for years and never gotten around to watching it. After reading this review will add it too October marathon.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 19th October 2020, 08:40 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Had this for years and never gotten around to watching it. After reading this review will add it too October marathon.
I hope you like it.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 19th October 2020, 08:52 PM
Cult Veteran

What We Do in the Shadows (2014)

I haven't laughed that hard in such a long time. Absolutely joyous to watch this. I saw Jojo Rabbit first and now it all makes sense, this guy's humour is on my exact wavelength!

It's pretty silly but when the Vamps come into contact with the local Werewolf pack and a bit of back and forth starts, one of them fake throws a stick for a Werewolf and he goes running after it I lost it and cracked up.

Loved it, I want to watch it again! I need to see if there an audio commentary and I'll buy the disc if it does.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 19th October 2020, 08:57 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
What We Do in the Shadows (2014)

I haven't laughed that hard in such a long time. Absolutely joyous to watch this. I saw Jojo Rabbit first and now it all makes sense, this guy's humour is on my exact wavelength!

It's pretty silly but when the Vamps come into contact with the local Werewolf pack and a bit of back and forth starts, one of them fake throws a stick for a Werewolf and he goes running after it I lost it and cracked up.

Loved it, I want to watch it again! I need to see if there an audio commentary and I'll buy the disc if it does.
Never seen this before ill have to check it out.
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 19th October 2020, 09:03 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Never seen this before ill have to check it out.
It's on Prime if you're a member.
Nordicdusk likes this.

Old 19th October 2020, 09:05 PM
Cult Addict

seasons 1 and 2 of the tv series is on BBC Iplayer, also worth watching
Old 19th October 2020, 09:12 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
seasons 1 and 2 of the tv series is on BBC Iplayer, also worth watching
Thanks Shaun, I've not seen the series either, hopefully it'll be on there for a while because I don't have time to start a series until after October finishes

Old 19th October 2020, 09:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Thanks Shaun, I've not seen the series either, hopefully it'll be on there for a while because I don't have time to start a series until after October finishes
Series is good as well, same guy behind it as the film, the cast of the film also make a cameo in one episode .
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 19th October 2020, 09:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Both WWDITSs (Phew) are worth it!! Hilarious and daft and cheeky and the claret .... (sighs).

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!