Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

MrBarlow 29th October 2020 10:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
V/H/S/2. 2013,

Two private detectives hired to find a missing teen break into a house he was last seen and begin to view old VHS tapes.

Phase I: Clinical Trials
A man having surviving a car crash in which he lost a eye, has a artificial eye put in that is also a camera and begins to see ghosts in his house.

A Ride In The Park
A cyclist with a go pro mounted on his helmet in the woods is attacked and becomes a zombie while other people are being attacked and turning.

Safe Heaven
A news crew in Indonesia are given permission to be in a religious cult compound to record their activities unaware the end is near for them all.

Slumber Party Alien Abduction
Two siblings with parents away have a sleep over with their friends when they become targeted by Extra-Terrestrials.

For me (IMO) this one out done it predecessor by a long shot with more creepy and suspenseful stories, packed with some good acting that makes it more scary. First time I watched it the last segment I wasn't expecting it to have aliens in it that almost look the same as the ones in Signs (it has been a while since I saw that film) and the camera on the dog that made me almost scream out. Yes there is plenty more blood and good make up effects that made it more enjoyable.

Attachment 228983

MrBarlow 30th October 2020 12:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
V/H/S: Viral,

A Ice Cream Van is being chased by police and everyone out watching with one group hoping to capture everything.

Dante The Great
A stage magician obtains a cloak that was once used by Harry Houdini that gives him dark powers.

Parallel Monsters
A garage scientist creates a machine that show him his world with dark secrets.

Bonestorm
A group of skateboarders head to Tijuana, they skate in a area that's a sacrificial site for demons.

Aside from having three stories in it that weren't great but not terrible, but this was messed up by a chase that still didn't really make much sense to me (seen this three times now) surely the makers could have thought of something differently to try instead of a ice cream van. With the Bonestorm segment there is a lot of movement going on with the camera as the capture the faces of the skateboarders and POV so it may make you dizzy.

Attachment 228993

Justin101 30th October 2020 11:51 AM

Happy Halloween, Scooby Doo! (2020)

https://melbourneonlinenews-net-au.s...de609060fa.jpg

A welcome reprise from the onsalught of horror movies, with just 1 more day to go! Happy Halloween, Scooby Doo! is a blast, really funny, and great voice acting all around, including everyone's favourite spooky pin-up Elvira!

There are bundles of references to horror films and pop culture, Elvira is giving off her usual double-entendre one liners and it features a plot straight from the pages of HP Lovecraft.

Loads of fun!!

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th October 2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 638955)

A welcome reprise from the onsalught of horror movies, with just 1 more day to go! Happy Halloween, Scooby Doo! is a blast, really funny, and great voice acting all around, including everyone's favourite spooky pin-up Elvira!

There are bundles of references to horror films and pop culture, Elvira is giving off her usual double-entendre one liners and it features a plot straight from the pages of HP Lovecraft.

Loads of fun!!

My viewing tonight along with Trick r' Treat and Don't Let Them In. :thumb:

MrBarlow 30th October 2020 02:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The Conjuring. 2013.

The Perron family move to a old farm house in 1971, soon after they begin to be tormented by a spirit and seek help from Ed and Lorraine Warren.

Based on a true story of a haunting that was kept quiet by the Warrens and Perron family, we get a glimmer of the spooky going on in a secluded farm house and land that was cursed. Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson play the Warrens while Lili Taylor and Ron Livinston play the Perrons. No horror movie goes without one or two goofs but they can be ignored as most ghost stories can be slow, crap acting and stupid effects or not even scary, this one made me jump a few times even when you know the jump scare is coming. This is on the same par as Insidious and Sinister with it's dark tone, scares and ghosts (IMO)
Attachment 229001

If this will peak anyone's interest, T.V. show A Haunting some episodes show cases of The Warrens have investigated.
Attachment 229002

Justin101 30th October 2020 03:03 PM

Fade to Black (1980)

https://i1.wp.com/bloody-disgusting....size=740%2C394

Another one crossed off the list, been wanting to watch this for many years, and I really enjoyed it, so glad I made the time to watch it.

This is what happens when we have no friends and stay home watching films all day, fantasy and reality melding into one, and one day we might get stood up by a hot Marilyn Monroe lookalike, so we go home to project a film and our aunt just has to come and get in the way with her smart remarks and knocks over the projector... of course we'd flip and push her down the stairs in her wheelchair, I mean why wouldn't we???

I loved all of the film references, I loved all the contemporary (to 1980) film posters in the background, I also loved all of the murder costumes, but i especially loved it when he dressed up as Bela and went to the cinema to watch Night of the Living Dead, psycho or not, at that point I would have invited Eric home for a nightcap :lol:

:vamp:

Nordicdusk 30th October 2020 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 638955)

Loads of fun!!

Is this streaming or a physical release ?

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th October 2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 638970)

Don't know if it's to stream but every UK supermarket stocks the slipcased bd and dvd editions.

Justin101 30th October 2020 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 638970)

You can rent it from all the usual places to stream, but the DVD is a fiver in supermarkets everywhere :)

Frankie Teardrop 30th October 2020 04:40 PM

VIOLENT SHIT: THE MOVIE – Karl The Butcher from the Andreas Schnaas original switches to Italy, where he gets busy with his machete once again. Or does he? Maybe an evil banker is behind all the killings, he seems to like slashing hookers with razors. Then again, perhaps the weird claw that shoots out of nowhere whenever a murder happens is the real culprit. And what does John Morghen have to do with everything? He looks so shifty. Come to think of it, why are Enzo Castalleri and Luigi Cozzi playing comedy trench-coat detectives who wander around sniping about the actual coppers on the case, one of whom looks like he’s overdosing on Mogadon for most of his screen time, and making undisguised references to their own previous ‘hits’? Maybe only they know why the soundtrack by Goblin sounds like it’s from a prog-themed pub talent show. Seriously... the questions are endless but they're all pointless. ‘Violent Shit: The Movie’ is really awful. I watch lots of stuff that doesn’t make sense, but I don’t think I’ve ever come away from a film wondering whether I’ve just dreamed it. It feels like five or six big scenes filled with endless, pointless talking, grafted together with weak murders and shots of Karl (or someone) creeping around... until the extraordinary climax, where ‘Violent Shit: The Movie’ blows its wad on an orgiastic cannibal sex buffet, then a flurry of dismemberment including a particularly vile castration. Wow. The whole thing is pretty jaw dropping, somehow managing to contain utter tedium, technical awfulness, amazing personalities and deep prosthetic grimness all in one. Did I like it? Yeah!

BEYOND EVIL – Can’t go wrong with John Saxon. He should have been in more of these movies I’ve watched for Hallowe’en, he may have redeemed some of them (see above). He doesn’t exactly redeem ‘Beyond Evil’, but it doesn’t need saving really, being alright as it is. I mean, stuff like this isn’t dynamite, it won’t impress anyone reared on today’s ‘slick product’, but in its workmanlike seventies way, ‘Beyond Evil’ is a fairly pleasant diversion. The Sax and Linda Day George are newlyweds out in the Philippines, where John has a gig as an architect – a dubious ‘friend’ arranges for them to stay in a house with a backstory, and the stage is set for some very of-its-day possession-based horror. ‘Beyond Evil’ plays its beats in strictly conventional tempo – there’s even an ‘accident’ at a building site, as soon as you see Saxon put on a hardhat you realise it’s inevitable. But it’s fairly entertaining, and just rolls along pushing incident after incident at the viewer, typically ones involving green laser eyes and other bad optical effects, all cool by me. Saxon doesn’t do much apart from wring his hands and run around looking for ways to sort things out, but amusingly he does threaten to kick off in a hospital at one point. If you hanker after that slightly flat, TV-esque seventies thing, ‘Beyond Evil’ might do something for you.