Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st October 2021 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 660452)
I'm pretty sure my blu doesn't have the comm track, it's one of those budget American discs with the 2 other Miramax films on it. 3 films on one disc, cracking quality as you can imagine :lol: I want to hear it now ...

I almost bought that this year. Curse of, H20 and Resurrection isn't it.

I thought i'd play my old dvd's this year and see what they looked like.

Resurrection was okay upscaled.

Justin101 1st October 2021 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 660454)
I almost bought that this year. Curse of, H20 and Resurrection isn't it.

I thought i'd play my old dvd's this year and see what they looked like.

Resurrection was okay upscaled.

I imagine the blu isn't much better than the DVDs in this case. There isn't much choice out there though, hopefully they'll get better releases, I have Halloween '6' as a stand alone disc, but it's the producers cut, and despite what others think, I thought it was worse than the theatrical version.

trebor8273 1st October 2021 07:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnOs56Ap6L4

First watch last night was the witching time . A witch travels forward in time and haunts and slowly drives a composer mad too the point he will kill his wife, whom is having an affair with his best friend / doctor played by Ian McCulloch, we also have a small role for grandpa Trotter, which is the only other thing I've seen him in. Enjoyable and atmospheric with a bit of T & A on display.

Now watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dClKllEv5MU

Demoncrat 1st October 2021 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 660452)
I'm pretty sure my blu doesn't have the comm track, it's one of those budget American discs with the 2 other Miramax films on it. 3 films on one disc, cracking quality as you can imagine :lol: I want to hear it now ...

It's the usual pompous director holding forth with his masterplan ... much like the comm for The Core (another favourite ... he thinks he's made a genuine classic)

ENJOY!

Demoncrat 1st October 2021 08:15 PM

"Fee Fi Fo Fum...." :loveeyes:

Starting my marathon with .....

Daisy Brown: How To Raise A Monster

A slight cheek as tis another of these webseries. :rolleyes::nod::pop2:
A tale as old as time, daddy invented a little pet for his daughter and the growing pains are noticeable . Shot in a very matter of fact fashion, it has kept me intrigued after a slightly shaky start. Mainly a series of vlogs, this isn't your usual jumpscare drivel.
I promise tomorrow's post will be an actual film ahem. :lol::nod:

MrBarlow 1st October 2021 08:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Patrick. 1978.

After the killing of his mother and lover, Patrick now in a comatose state can still cause mayhem for others by using telekinesis.

To have the main character give out that mile blank stare throughout the film is a unusual but effective idea and only communicate through spitting, not the best thing to do these days, again it's the 70s its passable. This may have a slow burn but it does help build up the characters in the film and every hospital does have that Nurse Ratched. This film never really appealed to me but has since grown on me but why did someone have to give it a horrible remake.

Attachment 236610

MrBarlow 1st October 2021 11:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Planet Terror. 2007.

A bio-hazard toxin is released into the atmosphere and a band of survivors stick together and escape the populated town of zombies.

For me this is a classic Grindhouse movie filled with plenty of gore that came from the mind of Robert Rodriguez that takes a nod to the 70s exploitation flicks that is a guilty pleasure. The acting isn't that bad and how many useless talents does Cherry have in this played by Rose McGowan. Tom Savini plays the deputy who can't fire a gun and when he does he hits the wrong people. Micheal Biehn plays another Sheriff (played a Sheriff previously in Cherry Falls). Jeff Fahey plays the local cafe owner who's barbecue meat is the best in Texas. Freddy Rodriguez as the local gun tooting hero who never misses his shot and Bruce Willis in a small role as the army Lieutenant who wants the toxin.

Attachment 236611

Demoncrat 1st October 2021 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 660461)
Patrick. 1978.

After the killing of his mother and lover, Patrick now in a comatose state can still cause mayhem for others by using telekinesis.

To have the main character give out that mile blank stare throughout the film is a unusual but effective idea and only communicate through spitting, not the best thing to do these days, again it's the 70s its passable. This may have a slow burn but it does help build up the characters in the film and every hospital does have that Nurse Ratched. This film never really appealed to me but has since grown on me but why did someone have to give it a horrible remake.

Attachment 236610

I love this. It has this vibe. See also the crazed Italian sequel for wildly differing reasons. i suggest alcohol and t'ing. :nod::nod::nod::lol::rolleyes::behindsofa:

MrBarlow 2nd October 2021 12:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Popcorn. 1991.

College students at a abandoned theater for a horror movie fest are being killed by a deranged masked wearing killer.

This may look like a low budget dim witted film yet it's the complete opposite even though the killer does do a homage to Leatherface and was probably ideas for different slasher movies. It's like a comedy horror or parody for past horror films that William Castle did during the screening of The Tingler nice touch. The acting is decent, the plot stays on the track from start to finish and gets better with every viewing.

Attachment 236612

MrBarlow 2nd October 2021 03:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
House On Haunted Hill. 1959.

A millionaire offers five strangers $10.000 to spend the night in a haunted house.

Why is this film still a classic, William Castle and Vincent Price made a good combination with this atmospheric chiller back in the day and yet never gets boring, just glad the remake wasn't a screw up. First time watched this in my early teens I just about crap myself with the suspense and tension. One that's a favorite.

Attachment 236613

That's it for now have a great Saturday, be safe with the weather :nod: