Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th October 2021 06:12 PM

Offspring is pretty good, Treb.

It's the first of a trilogy with The Woman and Darlin' also worth a watch.

@Mr.Barlow - How did you watch Res Evil Apocalypse?

The sound on the Blu-ray is ****ing superb if you watched it that way. They all are after the first film. Probably the best surround sound i've come across.

MrBarlow 5th October 2021 06:15 PM

Witchboard is your standard 80s cheese fest which I watch every year just about, if you enjoy it check out Witchtrap, both films made by same director.

trebor8273 5th October 2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 660691)

The sound on the Blu-ray is ****ing superb if you watched it that way. They all are after the first film. Probably the best surround sound i've come across.

I've got the woman as well, so best if I watch Offspring first of are they not linked?

MrBarlow 5th October 2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 660691)

I got the blu-ray set and its awesome sound is amazing.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th October 2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 660693)
I've got the woman as well, so best if I watch Offspring first of are they not linked?

Yes, definitely Offspring, then The Woman then Darlin.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th October 2021 06:30 PM

I think Darlin' is my favourite of the three.

The Woman is the most violent.

Dave Boy 5th October 2021 06:36 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 236680
THE OMEN (1976)

Still my number 1 scary movie. I still find the movie unsettling. Great performances and a superb soundtrack.

Attachment 236681
AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON (1981)

Still the best werewolf transformation. These practical effects look fantastic.

Attachment 236682
DRACULA (1931)

A lot of critics write that the movie is too 'stagey' and is the lesser of the Universal Horrors. I never get that myself.
The scenes in Dracula's castle, the crypt with the brides look great.

Attachment 236683
FRANKENSTEIN (1931)

I love the scenes in the graveyard at the beginning with the reaper statue behind. When the monster is first revealed in the doorway, he looks creepy as hell. 1930s audiences must have screamed when that scene came!

bleakshaun 5th October 2021 07:06 PM

Scarecrows

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...88_film%29.jpg

At least this wasn't done by Weinstein :lol:. It's been a while since I last seen this and from what I recall I enjoyed it then. Now it still is a great slasher.

Mojo 5th October 2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 660461)
Patrick. 1978.

After the killing of his mother and lover, Patrick now in a comatose state can still cause mayhem for others by using telekinesis.

To have the main character give out that mile blank stare throughout the film is a unusual but effective idea and only communicate through spitting, not the best thing to do these days, again it's the 70s its passable. This may have a slow burn but it does help build up the characters in the film and every hospital does have that Nurse Ratched. This film never really appealed to me but has since grown on me but why did someone have to give it a horrible remake.
Attachment 236610

Brilliant film.

MrBarlow 5th October 2021 07:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Resident Evil: Extinction. 2007

After Raccoon City, Alice now a liability that Umbrella is controlling her takes to the roads, while another team of survivors are looking for refuge and supplies.

This one I never gate it much chance and felt it be weak, but over the course it has grown on me and very much enjoyable piece of work from director Russell Mulcahy. it does have a nod to the original day of the dead, doctors conducting experiments to zombies to test their intelligence and the film The Birds. Only thing I wasn't keen on was Jason O'Mara as Wesker he seems a bit out of sorts for the character. Still a good movie though.

Attachment 236690