Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th October 2021, 06:39 PM
Cult Addict

Malatesta's Carnival of Blood

A very strange film to say the least. I actually didn't think I would enjoy this, especially at the start I felt it was a bit too slow. But it did pick up for me. Very jarring as a viewing experience but one to try out at least.
Old 7th October 2021, 06:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A completely bonkers werewolf film, that follows a young female werewolf who runs away from home and falls in love, and becomes a target for the CIA , we have werewolf nuns, a ballerina werewolf and all sorts of silliness. The acting might not be the best and the effects go from good to something from a costume shop.

It had some great effects but found most of the characters apart from the criminal to be unlikable and boring and what was up with the camera it was all over the place at times , swirling and swinging around to the point I felt sick.

While not the best horror comedy and about as scary as Scooby Doo,it's enjoyable enough in its way. As we follow Elvira as she heads too a small town to collected her inheritance in the hope see will get money to fund her. Las Vegas show, but the town's people went her out and her uncle who just happens to be a evil warlock is after powerful spellbook.

Next it's time too wear a bowler hat,drink some milk and enjoy some ultraviolance. (Does it really count as a horror?)
Old 7th October 2021, 07:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I was meant to be staff training tonight but it's been cancelled at the last minute and went through my phone to see what I downloaded and started with this.

Xtro II: The Second Encounter. 1991.

Scientists under Military orders discover a dimension and go through it only for them to release a alien.

Harry Bromley Davenport had the rights to the name but not the creative side and was given this to do, this has nothing to do with the previous which for me is a masterpiece. This is like finding a door, going through it discovering something unknown and coming back with a parasite attached to you, bit of a Alien rip-off. Airwolf star Jan-Michael Vincent is in this and can tell he wasn't really enthusiastic about being in a horror film but suppose we do strange things for money.

Being in a somewhat underground bunker, there could be, tension, suspense and a feel of claustrophobia like with other films set in a enclosed spaces, the film lacks that atmosphere, one good thing about the film is the background score, I know I watched a few crap films recently and a bit apprehensive about Xtro 3 but here goes.

2599-xtro-2-the-second-encounter.jpg
Old 7th October 2021, 07:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

A completely bonkers werewolf film, that follows a young female werewolf who runs away from home and falls in love, and becomes a target for the CIA , we have werewolf nuns, a ballerina werewolf and all sorts of silliness. The acting might not be the best and the effects go from good to something from a costume shop.

It had some great effects but found most of the characters apart from the criminal to be unlikable and boring and what was up with the camera it was all over the place at times , swirling and swinging around to the point I felt sick.

While not the best horror comedy and about as scary as Scooby Doo,it's enjoyable enough in its way. As we follow Elvira as she heads too a small town to collected her inheritance in the hope see will get money to fund her. Las Vegas show, but the town's people went her out and her uncle who just happens to be a evil warlock is after powerful spellbook.

Next it's time too wear a bowler hat,drink some milk and enjoy some ultraviolance. (Does it really count as a horror?)
I would say that's more science fiction crime rather than horror unless you feel upset about the nature of the film then yeah it can be seen as horrific.
MacBlayne and trebor8273 like this.
Old 7th October 2021, 07:15 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
I was meant to be staff training tonight but it's been cancelled at the last minute and went through my phone to see what I downloaded and started with this.

Xtro II: The Second Encounter. 1991.

I know I watched a few crap films recently and a bit apprehensive about Xtro 3 but here goes.
Old 7th October 2021, 07:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
I would say that's more science fiction crime rather than horror unless you feel upset about the nature of the film then yeah it can be seen as horrific.
Might just save it for after marathon might even watch around Xmas. Only seen it once and found it disturbing and bonkers at the same time!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 7th October 2021, 07:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
As Magnus Magnusson said on Mastermind, "I have started so I may as well finish".
Old 7th October 2021, 07:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Will save Clockwork Orange for another night and probably have a Kubrick double bill with The Shinning.

Now watching The Woman.
Old 7th October 2021, 08:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Xtro 3: Watch The Skies. 1995.

A group of marines travel to a deserted island to diffuse bombs and encounter a alien species.

" He started so he may as well finish"...words that will be etched onto my tombstone unless I die during sex then it be "he came and went at the same time"...back to topic, did I miss something? how did the alien get there...oh yeah it crashed landed hint run, it looks like Paul (2011 film) in a very upset mood and is able to be a chameleon like Predator...another rip-off from a movie. What ever happened to the original alien from the first one, take it that was a one time only appearance, that alien was original and creative. The acting was bit dull and the plot was just daft. Take Graveyard's and my advice Run Fast Run Far from this, save your sanity people, watch something that's better than this.

k5b8c-GQZ31GDB5VA-Full-Image_GalleryCover-en-US-1603920450100._UY500_UX667_RI_Ve5521f2eb02d616dc.jpg
Old 7th October 2021, 09:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A slower burner compared too The offspring. Here the woman the surviving cannibal of the first movie, is captured by a man who wants to civilize her with his family, but we soon learn he has no respect for women including his wife and two daughters and his perverted son is no better .

Plays out like some ****ed up My fair lady until the woman is free and gets her bloody revenge , which has my favourite scene when she kills the little shit of a son in very gruesome manner which he deserved 120%.

Excellent well acted and directed . Looking forward too Darlin which just bought. Unlike the offspring you are rooting for the woman .

Like this? Share it using the links below!