Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th October 2021, 07:17 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Yes. I ordered it Tuesday and it arrived Thursday. Same goes for The Monster (I Don't Want to be Born)

Justin got his Singing Ringing Tree Blu dispatched two weeks before it's release date.
Just ordered it now.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 9th October 2021, 07:18 PM
Cult Addict

The Premonition

Again, like Malatesta's Carnival of Blood. I kinda felt that this one was a bit dull to start. But it did pick up. Quite a strange one doesn't really feel like a horror at first but it does become a bit unnerving as it progresses.
Old 9th October 2021, 07:24 PM
Cult Addict

surprisingly a good strong start for this week i hope it lasts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oct 2.jpg (18.1 KB, 16 views)
Old 9th October 2021, 08:01 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Just ordered it now.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Don't know if you saw it but i took a nice pic (even if i do say so myself) of the set here.

The Network DVD and Blu-ray Release Thread
Old 9th October 2021, 08:13 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Don't know if you saw it but i took a nice pic (even if i do say so myself) of the set here.

The Network DVD and Blu-ray Release Thread
I have seen it but I've not examined it in much detail as I'm sure you'd mentioned something about a massive spoiler on one of the art cards.
I've never seen nor indeed heard of it prior to this release but to fair its a no brainer really. The fact that it's already shipping made me get it ordered. For some reason I hate preordering.
Old 9th October 2021, 09:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Creature. 1985.

A space crew arrive on Titan for a exhibition only to discover a German space shuttle is their and a unknown alien species.

Everyone starts somewhere in their career and maybe William Malone wants to forget this, basically it's Alien meets The Thing in outer space with Klaus Kinski playing the German astronaut who's team has been killed and he is the only survivor. At 97 minutes this film seemed to be longer, but maybe a re-watch will happen, I did like the gore but the plot seemed all over the place.

e5110d9f97f3c3702014af3593c14db61cc7d9b2.jpg
Old 9th October 2021, 10:10 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I have seen it but I've not examined it in much detail as I'm sure you'd mentioned something about a massive spoiler on one of the art cards.
I've never seen nor indeed heard of it prior to this release but to fair its a no brainer really. The fact that it's already shipping made me get it ordered. For some reason I hate preordering.
Cunningly that artcard with the spoiler i photographed poster side up.
Old 9th October 2021, 11:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

City of The Dead. 1960.

A young student doing research on witches, is told by her Professor his home town may have a past dealing with witches and sends her their and discovers something about the inhabitants.

This always has that creepy atmospheric vibe that every 60s horror movie should have, who cares if it was low budget the makers managed to pull it off and create a classic.

The set for the village of Whitewood is something from the dark ages, even when we are given it's first introduction it's dark, Gothic and always shrouded in mist that makes it feel creepy and see people roaming in the shadows, that be enough turn and run and never look back. The acting in it has always been entertaining and the more you watch it, you can tell Christopher Lee always has a sinister motive.

Horror-Hotel-poster.jpg
Old 10th October 2021, 01:26 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Curse Of The Fly. 1965.

Martin Delambre is trying to keep his family secret from his new wife who may be hiding a secret herself.

This has not been my favourite sequel of the original The Fly series, it's taken a step up in travelling from one place to another with the teleportation, there is no "Fly" in this just the aftermath of some horrible experiments gone wrong, but the family legacy lives on. The make up effects for the mutations of the gone wrong experiments are decent and the actors do try their best to keep it entertaining but think this will warm up to me eventually.

Curse%20dvd2.jpg
Old 10th October 2021, 03:14 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Witchcraft. 1988.

A new mother with her baby son move in with her in-laws and suspect something to be off with them.

The start of what 13-14 movie franchise but fortunately or unfortunately I only managed to find 4 so will be viewing these at some point over this weekend. This one is like a new family looking to turn the mother over for a sacrifice and keep the baby to be the bloodline for Satan and half the time it doesn't work...neither does this film. It has it's bleak moments where it can be interesting but not one I would say rush out and view it, if I did i'm pretty sure I will be hunted down

MV5BMTcyMDMzMzkyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTc5OTIyMQ@@._V1_.jpg

Have a good day all take it easy

Like this? Share it using the links below!