All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th October 2021, 07:46 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Witchcraft. 1988.

A new mother with her baby son move in with her in-laws and suspect something to be off with them.

The start of what 13-14 movie franchise but fortunately or unfortunately I only managed to find 4 so will be viewing these at some point over this weekend. This one is like a new family looking to turn the mother over for a sacrifice and keep the baby to be the bloodline for Satan and half the time it doesn't work...neither does this film. It has it's bleak moments where it can be interesting but not one I would say rush out and view it, if I did i'm pretty sure I will be hunted down

Attachment 236800

Have a good day all take it easy
Always wanted to watch this. Just to see the beginning of one of the longest running series out there.
Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.
Old 10th October 2021, 12:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

The Body Snatcher (1945)

The first really good film of the season for me, I loved it, and a 'new to me' viewing via the WB double bill DVD with I Walk With A Zombie... It looks great for a DVD but bloody hell I'll have to buy the Blu-Ray now

Popped up on the screen Produced by Val Lewton (which I knew) and Directed by Robert Wise and I did a double take, wait, what... the director of West Side Story, The Sound of Music and Star Trek the Motion Picture... I looked it up, yes the very same! One of those films is among my most loved, can you guess which?

The plot (based on a short story by Robert Louis Stevenson) is essentially an extension of the famous Burke & Hare story, set in Edinburgh with some very questionable accents and pronunciations I really enjoyed this and thought that Karloff was great as the Cabbie Mr Gray sinister and a bit frightening. I'm not sure why Lugosi was here though, he doesn't do much aside from skulk about in the background as a doctor's assistant, probably just a marketing ploy by RKO to have both names on the poster!

The good quality stuff is over and done with now though because I plan to watch some Linnea Quigley 80's 'horror' movies next

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 10th October 2021, 01:29 PM
Cult Addict

Tales From the Crypt

Blind Alleys is easily my favourite story from this anthology. There's just something about it that creeps me out.
Old 10th October 2021, 02:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Witchcraft. 1988.

A new mother with her baby son move in with her in-laws and suspect something to be off with them.

The start of what 13-14 movie franchise but fortunately or unfortunately I only managed to find 4 so will be viewing these at some point over this weekend. This one is like a new family looking to turn the mother over for a sacrifice and keep the baby to be the bloodline for Satan and half the time it doesn't work...neither does this film. It has it's bleak moments where it can be interesting but not one I would say rush out and view it, if I did i'm pretty sure I will be hunted down

Attachment 236800

Have a good day all take it easy
I have Witchcraft II The Temptress starring the buxom Delia Shepherd and also Witchcraft X Mistress of the Craft which is a cheap British shot production co-starring Redemption babe Eileen Daly. It's basically a digitally shot softcore romp. Neither are recommended but The Temptress does at least have actors in it.
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 10th October 2021, 02:56 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default October Horror Movie Marathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I have Witchcraft II The Temptress starring the buxom Delia Shepherd and also Witchcraft X Mistress of the Craft which is a cheap British shot production co-starring Redemption babe Eileen Daly. It's basically a digitally shot softcore romp. Neither are recommended but The Temptress does at least have actors in it.

That reminds me that Witchcraft II was released a few months ago on dvd in Germany. Meant to pick it up.
MrBarlow likes this.

Last edited by Stephen@Cult Labs; 10th October 2021 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10th October 2021, 03:00 PM
Cult Addict

The Vault of Horror

Not as good nor as memorable as Tales from the Crypt but nevertheless a great anthology. Favourite story has to be either Midnight Mess or Bargain in Death.
Old 10th October 2021, 03:09 PM
Cult Veteran

Nightmare Sisters (1988)

From the sublime to the sexily ridiculous! 3 nerdy sorority sisters find themselves alone for the weekend and invite the only boys they know over to the house for a small party, they end up holding a seance (as you do) and become possessed by a Succubus.

Contains quite honestly the longest gratuitous "3 naked girls in a bath tub" scene I have ever seen, fantastic! If you like boobs (in three different size variations, something for everyone) then you're in luck, you'll enjoy this After their extended soap session the three girls are hungry and only a certain oral activity will sate them, just watch out for those razor sharp teeth!

I find it hard to actually recommend this because I'm fully aware that my taste levels are questionable and this is clearly not a well made film, but it's campy, and sexy and has a Linnea Quigley music video (she's performing her own original song) right in the middle which is excellent Watched via the 88 Films triple bill collection '80's Scream Queens'

Old 10th October 2021, 07:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A very dull/boring slasher which starts with a young couple being murdered than we have carnival with the world's oldest looking teenagers , it's not till The last ten minutes anything happens and then people drop like flys. A few interesting kills and that's about it as most take place of screen. It was obvious in the first ten minutes who the killer was. One I won't be revisting. Lucky was only 2.99.

The rare beast a remake that's better than the original. A true classic which still has the most impressive practical effects seen and some great creature designs.

Now watching.

Old 10th October 2021, 07:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Witchcraft II: The Temptress. 1989.

The baby who was to keep the bloodline with The Churchills is now a teenager living with another family under the watchful eye of neighbour Dolores who is trying to seduce him and follow his path to destiny with the cult.

I watched this before and probably didn't give it great marks, re-watching it today and a bit more enjoyable, ok the acting may not be the best but the cast do try to make it work, if Delia Shepperd came knocking on the door would you say no? The film seems to start where the first one ended then straight to 17-18 years later. There are some "what the heck and I take nobody realises she is a witch moments". Entertaining enough.

p53999_v_h9_aa.jpg
Old 10th October 2021, 08:43 PM
Cult Veteran

I watched Escape Room on Amazon Prime since the sequel just come out and people are talking about it. Turns out there are three films called Escape Room and I watched the wrong one, and it was bloody awful.

6 horrible people go to an escape room to celebrate one of their birthdays, they end up dying from traps in a crappy Saw pastiche, no one cared and the film ended with some clever (I'm sure the writer thought so at least) speech about 'who really escaped' to the one person who actually didn't die...

Don't bother...

Like this? Share it using the links below!