Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

MrBarlow 12th October 2021 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Flesh Eater. 1988.

A group of teens on a hayride into the woods try and survive when a farmer uncovers a coffin with a zombie buried under a tree.

Bill Hinzmann who played the lead zombie in Night Of The Living dead decided to create his own Zombie horror flick and gave us this. Yeah it does have its faults with the acting from the teens, the sheriff trying to be like John Wayne, the dispatcher who really can't be bothered and the group of hunters can have really crappy aiming, but it does come with it's good gore fest and decent make-up effects. As bad as it does sound it is entertaining.

Attachment 236858

Justin101 12th October 2021 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 661170)
Flesh Eater. 1988.

A group of teens on a hayride into the woods try and survive when a farmer uncovers a coffin with a zombie buried under a tree.

Bill Hinzmann who played the lead zombie in Night Of The Living dead decided to create his own Zombie horror flick and gave us this. Yeah it does have its faults with the acting from the teens, the sheriff trying to be like John Wayne, the dispatcher who really can't be bothered and the group of hunters can have really crappy aiming, but it does come with it's good gore fest and decent make-up effects. As bad as it does sound it is entertaining.

Attachment 236858

I used to have a Vipco VHS of this and it was called Zombie Nosh, I've not seen it since I was in Sixth Form :lol: I did buy a used DVD of it a couple of years ago, never watched it :D

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th October 2021 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 661158)
30 days of unseen horror

Film 4

Attachment 236854

Jenny is in love with a jack the lad sort of bloke who would rather mess around with any old tart rather than count his blessing having such a beautiful girlfriend who is always there for me. During one of there frequent break up Jenny bumps in to an old friend she has not seen in years who has become a priest who offers her a shoulder to cry on any time she needs. A couple of days later Jenny decides to take him up on the offer and heads to the church hoping to find him where she ends up at confession rather than finding the priest she is looking for but instead ends up with Fr Xavier Meldrum who hears her confession. After telling him she had an abortion and that her sex life was on the rocks Fr Meldrum becomes instantly obsessed with her trying to force her to give him more intimate details of her sexual exploits. This will not be a one time meeting once she is out of the confessional Fr Meldrum starts to stalk Jenny and removing any males that may potentially come between him getting closer to her. When things start to get nasty Jenny has nowhere to turn because no one is willing to believe the word of this woman over a man of the cloth.

This one has a few different things going on a crazy homicidal priest a forbidden love between a priest and his old friend and current landlady a mute mother locked away and cared for by a horrible bitch of a housekeeper so there is plenty happening to keep you busy. Anthony Sharp steals the show as Fr Xavier Meldrum i didn't really find him overly sinister just a complete tosser and also quite hilarious just constantly flying off the handle the second anyone looked at him not really going out of his way to keep attention off himself with what he gets up to away from the alter but also it just shows how crazy he is that he just doesn't care. There are some enjoyable frenzied kills but they are few and far between really a few more would of been most welcome but it was still entertaining nonetheless.

Special mention to Stephanie Beacham PHWOAR!!!!!

7/10

Excellent write up, Nordy. It's a PHWOAR!!!! for Beacham from me too.

Have you any more Pete Walker films to watch this Halloween?

Nordicdusk 12th October 2021 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 661178)
Excellent write up, Nordy. It's a PHWOAR!!!! for Beacham from me too.

Have you any more Pete Walker films to watch this Halloween?

Just Frightmare and The Comback.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th October 2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 661182)
Just Frightmare and The Comback.

Frightmare is excellent. The Comeback isn't as good but to me is one of the early slasher films before the slasher cycle began in earnest. I think you'll like them both.

Nordicdusk 12th October 2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 661184)
Frightmare is excellent. The Comeback isn't as good but to me is one of the early slasher films before the slasher cycle began in earnest. I think you'll like them both.

Thats tomorrow nights double bill sorted.

nosferatu42 12th October 2021 11:10 PM

Frightmare is my favourite Pete Walker film by far.:nod:

MrBarlow 13th October 2021 12:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
House Of Witchcraft. 1989

A man and his girlfriend take a holiday to her family's home, when they arrive he recognizes the house from his dreams and believes a witch lives there.

Part of the doomed house made for television movies, even with Umberto Lenzi directing this does have it's mild moments but does build up the suspense well, the acting may not be the best but it has grown on me over time even with the WTF is actually happening and why moments.

Attachment 236862

MrBarlow 13th October 2021 01:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Grandmother's House. 1988.

David and Lynn are sent to live with their grandparents, when a body is recovered near by David is told that it's not the first time that has happened. Soon David and Lynn feel something is off with their Grandparents.

This is the first time seeing this film and part through was thinking is this the inspiration for M. Night Shyamalan's The Visit ( not the greatest found footage movie made) but then it went down a different path then onto another path. The child actors Eric Foster and Kim Valentine actually do a good job as David and Lynn and a bit suspenseful but feel some bits may have dragged on for a bit.

There is some decent cinematography going on through the film, and some daft effects with a rocket fly through the basement that seemed to take ages to explode. I'm sure when the director saw his finished work I bet he had a laugh how that went and how daft it looked on screen and thought "hey I can see the strings ah well we will leave that in".

Attachment 236863

MrBarlow 13th October 2021 03:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hell House LLC II: The Abaddon Hotel. 2018.

Nine years have passed since the incident on Halloween Night with speculation as to what actually happened. Journalist Jessica Fox receives news about a teen who went missing in the house and assembles a team to go back to the hotel and find the real truth.

Second time watching this and it's still not as good as the first film but still enjoyable with some good twist and turns thrown in. The creative team did a decent job with the media side who want the truth but turn things around so that they look good and when the truth is shown they actually hate it. There aren't much scares or jump scenes in this it seems to rely more on suspense and tension.

Attachment 236864

Have a good stress free day all. take it easy