Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

nosferatu42 14th October 2021 10:36 PM

I like all of his living dead films, even Survival, I actually think the later two have more to say though, even though they are not that well thought of.

I just think Land is the least interesting of them all personally.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th October 2021 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 661346)
I like all of his living dead films, even Survival, I actually think the later two have more to say though, even though they are not that well thought of.

I just think Land is the least interesting of them all personally.

It's got a big f*ck off armored RV and Asia Argento. How is it not interesting?

:lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th October 2021 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 661347)
It's got a big f*ck off armored RV

Cousin Eddie would kill for one of those to go visit Clark in.

nosferatu42 14th October 2021 10:42 PM

It's the presentation for me that works with Land, the fact that the effects are all good, Asia and Hopper.

It just doesn't feel as heartfelt to me as a Romero film and I think the battletruck is done better in the Dawn remake personally.

MrBarlow 14th October 2021 10:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This made it a bit more interesting.

:lol:

Nordicdusk 14th October 2021 11:14 PM

I have only watched survival and diary once each i wasnt crazy on them from my first watch i will have to watch them again to see which is worse :lol:

Day is the best and my favourite Zombie film hands down and along with Halloween 3 and The Fog my favourite soundtracks.

nosferatu42 14th October 2021 11:30 PM

I alternate between Night and Day, I do love the Day soundtrack.:nod:

nosferatu42 14th October 2021 11:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Diary and Survival leave a lot to be desired but i like both, but I definitely see more of the Romero commentary on humanity in both more than Land.
I especially love the final shot of Survival, both dead and equal but the fight continues mindlessly.

Attachment 236936

MrBarlow 14th October 2021 11:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Subspecies IV: Bloodstorm. 1998.

A doctor is able to cure the vampirism that has taken a hold of the American Student, Radu faces more of a challenge from his young protege Ash and his bride.

The final installment of this franchise and it was a decent way to end it all, I had no high hopes for Jonathon Morris (Yeah Adrian from the tv series Bread) as a vampire but he is able to make it passable. Anders Hove makes his last appearance as Radu and seems a bit more sinister in this than he did in the first film. The doctor who claims he can have a cure is just creepy even without any make up on, kudos for the actor to pull that off. This one I liked but wouldn't say it was great but entertaining and these are worth a watch.

Attachment 236937

nosferatu42 15th October 2021 01:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 236938

So watched the original Candyman for the first time in years and have to admit it is a classic in terms of 90's horror, better than i previously gave it credit for.

Although i still feel it suffers slightly from the Freddy dream demon angle, as the bit when he was hovering above her bed in the asylum was slightly dodge.

In fact i much preferred the build up to the actual resolution, the parts where she was investigating and being blamed for the murders were gripping, but the eternal love payoff was a bit weak in relation to the harshness of the rest of the film.

Todd was very good though, suitably impressed, though still wouldn't class it as masterpiece material, but definitely stands out from the crowd.

8/10