Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

MrBarlow 15th October 2021 07:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Pit. 1981.

A lonely pre-teen looks to get revenge on those who torment him and finds something hideous lurking in the forest.

I always thought Peter from Burial Ground was the biggest little perv in a film, yet this one goes a bit further and Jamie manages to photograph a librarian's chest, will admit she did have a good rack on her. This is like pre puberty filled nightmare and a boy talking to a teddy that tells him to kill, it is a bit nutty to say the least but strangely entertaining.

Attachment 236965

trebor8273 15th October 2021 07:22 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcITGTx6SbI

Taking place more or less at the end of the last movie Reggie who's not dead ( the guy has more lives than a cat) sets out rescue Mike who the tall man needs for some reason, Mike's brother also returns as a ball and along with young woman Reggie desperately wants too get her pants and a kid who's like a cross between Rambo and Kevin from home alone set out too rescue Mike and try too stop the tall man. Stranger than the second but no where's near the confusion of the first. Think this was probably my favorite .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qs-MjCStxY

One of my favorites, we have the legends of Cushing and Lee who are two passengers on a train who have too contend with a alien entity that's been on earth since before human history and can possess and kill people absorbing there knowledge.

It might not have the greatest story or the best acting from the rest of the cast but somehow it works and is very entertaining and is saved by Cushing and Lee and let's not forget telly savalas who just seems out of place and just added a random but his OTT performance like a demented Kojak is another highlight.

Now watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Vh-FYsnd8

MrBarlow 15th October 2021 08:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Witches Mountain. 1973.

A photojournalist and a writer staying in the Pyrenees Mountains in Spain uncover a coven of witches.

To say this film is odd would be a understatement, a photographer and writer put together by chance and find a dark secret that does not like new comers, Patty Shepard and Cihangir Gaffari play the mismatched couple. This has a dark atmosphere created very nicely by Raul Artogot and best watched in the dark, I would say it has great cinematography which it does but at times seems a bit off balance and can be amateurish, one I will come back to.

Attachment 236969

Nordicdusk 15th October 2021 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
30 days of unseen horror

Film 9

Attachment 236970

Just home no plot talk because spoilers and all that.

Honestly one of the worst films i have seen they sh!t all over the franchise this is hands down the worst of all the Halloweens. The kills are great and brutal but thats it there is no atmosphere the acting is so horrendous the dialogue is a joke the phrase Evil Dies Tonight is said i swear a 100 times the angry mob even run around chanting it. Im so angry sitting here typing this. The soundtrack sounds great but no surprise there i look forward to getting the vinyl soon but i will never watch this again.

ABSOLUTE F**KING JOKE.

Justin101 15th October 2021 09:23 PM

Halloween Kills (2021)

Disappointing, if you didn't like H'18 you're going to hate this one. First off, what even is the title of this film it makes no sense..

So it starts immediately after the events of the previous film, Laurie and family in the back of a truck heading away from the fire, only to pass 2 fire trucks heading to put the fire out, what follows is one of the better scenes in the films. Then it's suddenly 1978 and I'm a bit hazy on details but I'm guessing it's right after the end of Halloween 2 and were getting some back story about Officer Hawkins. It's all a bit messy and bitty.

We flash back and forward throughout the film while it slowly turns into a different type of film all together.

There are some good set pieces here and there, but no real tension, no scares and some pretty cruel kills. However, the mask looks great I think, all charred on one side and the hair all melted and matted.

Not great really, but also not totally bad, or maybe it is, I'll sleep on it.

Nordicdusk 15th October 2021 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 661445)
Halloween Kills (2021)

Disappointing, if you didn't like H'18 you're going to hate this one. First off, what even is the title of this film it makes no sense..

So it starts immediately after the events of the previous film, Laurie and family in the back of a truck heading away from the fire, only to pass 2 fire trucks heading to put the fire out, what follows is one of the better scenes in the films. Then it's suddenly 1978 and I'm a bit hazy on details but I'm guessing it's right after the end of Halloween 2 and were getting some back story about Officer Hawkins. It's all a bit messy and bitty.

We flash back and forward throughout the film while it slowly turns into a different type of film all together.

There are some good set pieces here and there, but no real tension, no scares and some pretty cruel kills. However, the mask looks great I think, all charred on one side and the hair all melted and matted.

Not great really, but also not totally bad, or maybe it is, I'll sleep on it.

The mask does look great and deep down you know the film is sh!t.:lol:

Justin101 15th October 2021 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 661448)
The mask does look great and deep down you know the film is sh!t.[emoji38]

I doubt I'll watch it again until Halloween Ends comes out. I'll just listen to the score instead.

Demoncrat 15th October 2021 09:37 PM

Halloween Kills (2021, David Gordon Green)

Funny old world innit?
See, the thing is, when I'm watching a horror film, I don't want to be berated by that film for watching horror.
Great score (mostly). Great deaths. But Hall should have played The Shape.

NEXT.

Demoncrat 15th October 2021 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 661443)
30 days of unseen horror

Film 9

Attachment 236970

Just home no plot talk because spoilers and all that.

Honestly one of the worst films i have seen they sh!t all over the franchise this is hands down the worst of all the Halloweens. The kills are great and brutal but thats it there is no atmosphere the acting is so horrendous the dialogue is a joke the phrase Evil Dies Tonight is said i swear a 100 times the angry mob even run around chanting it. Im so angry sitting here typing this. The soundtrack sounds great but no surprise there i look forward to getting the vinyl soon but i will never watch this again.

ABSOLUTE F**KING JOKE.

HUG

Nordicdusk 15th October 2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 661451)
HUG

Any valium to go with that hug :lol: