Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

MrBarlow 16th October 2021 06:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wer. 2013.

A family on holiday in France are attacked by what appears to be a animal that reaches 2 meters tall, the police arrest a local man Talon Gwynek. His defense attorney believes there is more and starts to uncover more about her client and the police.

I don't think I gave this much credit from the last time watching this, I think we have our favorite werewolf movies, from AAWIL, The Howling, Wolfen, The Wolf Man etc. This should get recognized a bit more, the acting in it is brilliant the way it becomes like a mystery thriller then balls out horror. There is is some good visual effects and good explanation on how people can be affected by a rare illness, switching from POV to normal does add a good deal of tension to it. Certainly worth watching.

Attachment 236988

Justin101 16th October 2021 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 661526)
The Lair of the White Worm (1988)

Ken Russell's classic piece of Wyrd England, Derbyshire in this case, is a brilliant example of kinky horror. Based on Bram Stoker's story this is a fun ride as Amanda Donohoe's sexy snake woman seduces all she meets - from boy scout to policeman to Peter Capaldi's archaeologist.

Taking in mythology and folklore not to mention monstrous white worms and Hugh Grant too, the whole thing is one of a rare breed of wholly original bonkers horror films and i love it.

Nice to see Grant and i share the similar fantasies. And i don't mean Liz Hurley in a pinned together black dress or blowjobs in the back of a car in LA.

Or maybe i do.

I also partly watched Hammer's Doctor Jekyll and Sister Hyde but i nodded off half way through so that doesn't count.

I can instantly recall that bloody song the moment I see the name of this film :lol: I only watched it for the first time last October but I instantly fell in love with it :D

bleakshaun 16th October 2021 06:57 PM

Halloween (2018)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...%29_poster.jpg

Controversially I still enjoy it (in the words of Norf FC 'nuff said). I will say the second time around it wasn't as good a viewing as the first time. But it is what it is.
I'm seeing Halloween Kills tomorrow, based on what's been said so far I have low expectations, so it might be a bit better.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th October 2021 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 661527)
Wer. 2013.

A family on holiday in France are attacked by what appears to be a animal that reaches 2 meters tall, the police arrest a local man Talon Gwynek. His defense attorney believes there is more and starts to uncover more about her client and the police.

I don't think I gave this much credit from the last time watching this, I think we have our favorite werewolf movies, from AAWIL, The Howling, Wolfen, The Wolf Man etc. This should get recognized a bit more, the acting in it is brilliant the way it becomes like a mystery thriller then balls out horror. There is is some good visual effects and good explanation on how people can be affected by a rare illness, switching from POV to normal does add a good deal of tension to it. Certainly worth watching.

Attachment 236988

Fantastic film. Along with Late Phases the best werewolf film in years in my opinion.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th October 2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 661528)
I can instantly recall that bloody song the moment I see the name of this film :lol: I only watched it for the first time last October but I instantly fell in love with it :D

Press play. You know you want to!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8n6z-WRCd0

Justin101 16th October 2021 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 661534)
Press play. You know you want to!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8n6z-WRCd0

I did as well, I want to watch the film now haha, I won't though, I'm going to watch The Invisible Man (2020) this evening, now in fact!

MrBarlow 16th October 2021 09:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Butcher, Baker, Nightmare Maker. 1981.

Billy raised by his aunt since he was young, now a teenager she has a domineering side to her and wants to have Billy all to herself even if it means killing those around them.

I have heard of this film and never really managed to see it, now that I have this is one F@@ked up movie, Susan Tyrell plays the happy aunt who seems to have incestuous thoughts to Billy even walking in while he is in the shower and caring for him that can make some uncomfortable.

Bo Svenson plays the detective trying to pin a murder on Billy who he thinks is gay, today this may seem mild but probably back then it was a big thing, but the hatred is well shown that anyone would want to knock his teeth out. I would say this was a bit different that what I have seen and probably would watch again.

Attachment 236989

MrBarlow 16th October 2021 11:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Witchboard. 1986.

At a house party, a young girl is taught how to use a Ouija board, she begins to use it on her own and unleashes something evil that begins to target her.

Low budget 80s film with Tawny Kitean as the lead Linda who thinks she is speaking to a friendly ghost that turns out to be someone who was evil in life. The plot seems very thin and some things may drag on but still entertaining even though the jump scares may be predictable and there is some tongue in cheek humour added in, still it's one of those films I watch every year.

Attachment 236992

MrBarlow 17th October 2021 12:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Witchboard 2. 1993.

A young woman moves into a new apartment and starts to receive messages through a Ouija board that belonged to the old tenant who was murdered.

This isn't a original plot, pretty young thing moving into a new place and something is very off with it and a creepy couple who are the landlords. This is not as good as the first film it seems to lack any suspense or tension, the acting isn't really that great. Was Kevin Tenney told just to make a thriller and add in something that can make it seem like a horror??

Attachment 236993

MrBarlow 17th October 2021 03:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Zombie Flesh Eaters. 1988.

When terrorists steal a chemical created by the Military and becomes infected, his body is burned and contaminates the atmosphere on a island.

Lucio Fulci strikes again the Zombi genre and going into a different direction, with the first it was mentioned with Voodoo, now he decides to go with chemical warfare and a not so bright army general who doesn't listen to the good doctor who created the chemical. Claudio Fragasso who co-wrote this and Bruno Mattei took over the directing due to Lucio having health issues. Fulci's gore (hopefully he directed those scenes) is still masterful, plot may be all over the place but still enjoyable, even with the flying head out of the fridge.

Attachment 236994

Have a good relaxing Sunday all.