Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th October 2021 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 661721)
Currently £8.99 on Amazon is Escape From New York Dem.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Yeah, thanks.. I've not long watched the dvd that came out from the 4K remaster so am not in any rush.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th October 2021 05:04 PM

October 18th

2 Attachment(s)
The Hollow (2004)

The Hollow, a modern day reconstruction of Sleepy Hollow, is one of those Halloween films that i always return to. It really isn't anything that special when it comes down to it but i always find it enjoyable hokum.

Perhaps it's the great looking horseman with a fiery pumpkin in place of it's head, maybe it's Stacy Keach and his grizzled 'You were warned' style performance that comes straight out of a Hammer Dracula film or perhaps it's Kaley Cuoco in her cheerleader outfit? Who knows?

It's a bit funny, a bit gory, a bit sexy, a bit scary, but not exactly remarkable, however i always enjoy it.

Hammer House of Horror - Charlie Boy (1980)

If only this tale of an African carved voodoo fetish doll were by Ken Russell. The ugly yet quite groovy looking doll would be replaced with a large phallic dildo most likely used as a strap on by Amanda Donohoe who would then penetrate her chosen victims to death.

Sadly it isn't but a cast of Doctor Who alumni (Angela Bruce, Janet Fielding, Marius Goring) add interest to what is an enjoyable tale of voodoo violence.

trebor8273 19th October 2021 06:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWplTuHJJHg

While the other films in the series might not be the best films ever made they where all enjoyable in their own way, but not this one it just looks cheap and even by phantasm standards it doesn't make much sense, so many more ways they could of went with it, a terrible end for a great series .

Now watching a film that still creeps me out years since I first watched it as a kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS-sXcx30O4

MrBarlow 19th October 2021 06:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Re-Animator. 1985.

A new student arrives on campus in New England and gets his room mate involved in the experiment of re-animation of dead tissue that he was working on in Switzerland with another doctor.

Very tongue in cheek black humour horror, Jeffrey Combs plays the odd ball big specs glasses student who has devised a serum to bring back the dead until it disappears and more dead bodies become alive and kicking. Bruce Abbott and Barbara Crampton play the two lovers who become embroiled in the experiment and find the real horror with the top bullying doctor. There is a nice homage to Psycho with the opening theme that fits will with the tone of the film.

Attachment 237055

bleakshaun 19th October 2021 06:41 PM

Hellraiser 3: Hell on Earth

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...raiser_III.png

Actually this was the first Hellraiser movie I watched when I was wee. I still have a lot of love for it, in spite of it being hot garbage compared to 1 and 2.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th October 2021 06:43 PM

Sunday:

The original HALLOWEEN in 4k-Scream Factories transfer knocks that last pisser right out the park.

The one.The only.The classic.Halloween.:cool:

Also:
HALLOWEEN III in 4K
Absolute classic.Never looked or sounded better.
Creepy,atmospheric and violent. :clap:

MrBarlow 19th October 2021 08:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw. 2004.

Two men wake up in a room chained and have no recollection how they go there and soon become aware they are pawns in a sadistic killer's game.

I don't know about the rest of you on your thoughts about this film, To me this isn't a horror it's more psychological thriller, for the budget it was given and the actors that were used are able to use their experience and make it look more tense. James Wan was able to create something new with Leigh Whannell with plenty of twists and turns that makes you think who the mastermind is behind it all. Brilliant movie of 2004.

Attachment 237058

MrBarlow 19th October 2021 10:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw II. 2005.

Detectives Eric Matthews and Kerry find the hideout for Jigsaw and with a S.W.A.T team go to arrest him only to be told there is another game being played with 8 people one of them is Eric's son Daniel, Jigsaw gives Eric a game to play as well.

This one kinda steps up the notch from being a psychological film to a bit of a horror filled with suspense and tension, Darren Lynn Bouseman takes over the directors chair and made a decent sequel, it does go back slightly to John "Jigsaw" Kramer's past and how he tests people's limit to stay alive.

Donnie Wahlberg plays Eric who slowly uncovers the secret of the people in the house and shows a few sides, the angry father, the worried father and the corrupt policeman he is, like the previous film this comes with a few added twists that play out well and a great sequel written by Bousman and Leigh Whannell

Attachment 237067

MrBarlow 19th October 2021 11:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw III.2006.

John "Jigsaw" Kramer" now slowly dying with his protege kidnap a doctor to keep him alive so he can do another game with a bitter man named Jeff who wants revenge for his son's death, who is actually being tested?

This is when the franchise kicks up the next notch to extreme horror, were the films films the inspiration for the "Escape Room" games, it may not be mind blowing, some scenes can be cringe worthy even during the brain op I still clenched my fists, just glad I wasn't getting any running commentary from Angie. Tobin Bell who plays John actually does a really good job at how he explains his games, yet he isn't a murderer. I like at the end they seem to do flash backs of every game player. Will admit i'm glad I upgraded these to Blu-Ray, decent sound and picture quality.

Attachment 237070

MrBarlow 20th October 2021 05:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw IV. 2007.

S.W.A.T. team leader Rigg is determined to find Eric Matthews as he believes he is still alive and is now tested by Jigsaw. When Kerry's body is found, two F.B.I agents Straum and Perez are assigned to find where the new game is being played and who is playing.

When I first saw this one I was confused and felt a bit let down the way the story was going, after a few re-watches It grew on me, This is a game within a game, I can see what the creators were doing trying to add Saw III and IV together, three people playing the game at once which was a good idea and a good way to add the twist to the story.

Lyriq Bent plays a good part as Rigg and shows flashbacks as his time a police officer who seemed determined to help everyone who can't help themselves. Costas Mandylor returns as detective Hoffman and a new victim in the game or so we think, the traps are well thought of and executed greatly.

Attachment 237079

Have a good day all