Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th October 2021 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 662257)
That's my Saturday night movie :D or one of them anyway.

I know you mentioned you had that film on Blu along with 'Curse of' and 'Resurrection'.

I was thinking of getting it myself but H20 looks really good on dvd so there's no need.

Justin101 26th October 2021 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 662258)
I know you mentioned you had that film on Blu along with 'Curse of' and 'Resurrection'.

I was thinking of getting it myself but H20 looks really good on dvd so there's no need.

The bluray is absolutely dreadful I can in no-way recommend it to anyone :lol:
As soon as someone puts out a decent version of H20 i'll be purchasing it in a heartbeat.

MacBlayne 26th October 2021 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 662260)
As soon as someone puts out a decent version of H20 i'll be purchasing it in a heartbeat.

I know, right? I have the Scream Factory boxset, and was shocked at how drab H20's picture quality was. Wonder what happened.

Justin101 26th October 2021 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 662263)
I know, right? I have the Scream Factory boxset, and was shocked at how drab H20's picture quality was. Wonder what happened.

If you have that box set then your version of H20 is MILES better than the Miramax version. both are pretty bad but the Miramax 3 films squeezed into one disc is truly awful :) I only bought it (about 5 years ago) because it was cheaper than the DVDs separately. I'm considering getting the iTunes version (£10 for the three) because the compression has got to be better.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th October 2021 05:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Is anyone carving a pumpkin this year?

Are you going to show us your efforts on this thread?

I'm sure everyone would love to see them.

https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/att...3&d=1635269755

Note - This is not this years pumpkin from me but a previous years. I have a lovely large pumpkin already but no idea what design to go with.

bleakshaun 26th October 2021 06:45 PM

Hatchet 2

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._II_poster.jpg

Still a lot of fun, favourite kills have got to be the couple banging and the chainsaw up the middle.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th October 2021 06:48 PM

October 25th

2 Attachment(s)
Night of the Demons 2 (1994)

This film more than the others constantly screws with my head. At around the same time this came out i was dating a woman a few years older than myself who looked exactly like Angela (Amelia Kinkade) in this film. From the thick jet black hair to the bright red lipstick.

Thankfully she only looked like the human Angela - The demon Angela was to come when it took me six years to actually not see her anymore despite my best efforts. (Don't ask but something was worth going back for) Yes, a nine month fling took six years to finally come to an end. Why did this not happen with a Christine Taylor lookalike?

Aside from reliving those horrors, Brian Trenchard-Smith's film is a fun watch and as Justin alluded to, is better than the original eighties film.

Halloween: H20 (1998)

A good cast, some nice in joke easter eggs and some well done set pieces make Halloween: H20 one of the classier offerings in the series.

A sequel to Halloween II, all further installments are completely ignored, this feels like the real deal, even if it owes a little too much to writer Kevin Williamson's Scream, in fact i'm sure it even nicks musical cues from that film, but with Michael Myers in good form (Thankfully i've never dated him...totally impossible to shake off according to Ms Strode) it's easy to ignore those details and just enjoy H20 for what it is - a fine entry in the Halloween series.

Justin101 26th October 2021 06:59 PM

Made me laugh, both reviews!
Still trying to decide what to watch tonight, but I'm knackered so I think a trusty old fav is in order.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th October 2021 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 662260)

The region free Japanese BD is the way to go with H20.
It ain't cheap though.....

I used to have that old US disc with the ****ed up ratio.

The Jp disc uses the 2:39:1 ratio as opposed to the ****ed up 1:78:1 on the Mill Creek release.....

Don't know what the Miramax/Paramount doubles/triples use.

Pretty sure the disc in the SF used the correct ratio as well.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th October 2021 07:47 PM

Any fans of Universal monsters?

The 4k upgrade is well worth it.

So far I've watched both Dracula and the timeless classic Frankenstein.

Going to continue with the b&w classics tonight with the BFI's superb package of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.:frank: