Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th October 2021, 05:38 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Simply been a case of getting the thing carved this year as time is running out. Nothing elaborate, although i would like to see if i can get another tomorrow and carve it exactly like the one from the Halloween titles with the knife slash between nose and mouth as in my October avatar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF9215 (Large).JPG (41.6 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 28th October 2021 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Changed the image.
Old 28th October 2021, 06:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Very loosely based on the Hutson novel which took place in England but now takes place in america but is shot in Spain.

Let's be honest it's pretty poor but in a good way, the great Gore makes up for its short comings, which include acting and the soundtrack which is just bizarre it would of fitted some 80s sitcom but not a horror movie.

I used too be not that keen on this but over the years I've enjoyed it more and more , we don't have the usual monster tale in this one it deals with transference of the soul and bringing the dead, it might not be as gory or as violent as some of the others but well acted and enjoyable .

Brilliant one of Carpenters best and easily should be in his top five movies anyone saying other wise doesn't know what they are saying or knows good horror , the film oozes atmosphere, another great looking 4k release which is a huge improvement over the old blu ray I had.

Will watch one of these next if I can decide which

Xtro
A tale of two sisters
Hagazussa
Don't look now

Might also watch first episode of behind the monsters

Edit

Might go for don't look now, but the couple of times I've seen it I just thought it was extremely dull and boring but that was many moons ago.
Old 28th October 2021, 06:39 PM
Cult Addict

Victor Crowley

A welcome return when I first watched this in 2018. Still a lot of fun, although the book signing scene is still uncomfortable to watch.
Old 28th October 2021, 07:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Is it just the version im watching or is don't look now weirdly shot?

Strange close up scenes that seem too be cropped and loads of grain on those scenes .

One scene which the wife faints and then we have a close up of Surtherlands hand.
Old 28th October 2021, 07:33 PM
Cult Addict

I've only seen it the once. I don't remember much and got the impression it was more well known for an overblown silly sex scene than anything. I need to watch it again as it has been 15 years at least.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 28th October 2021, 07:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I've only seen it the once. I don't remember much and got the impression it was more well known for an overblown silly sex scene than anything. I need to watch it again as it has been 15 years at least.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Im going to stick with it, seems it's a very slow burn but well acted with some lovely shots, but really don't want too see Surtherlands meat and two veg.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 28th October 2021, 07:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Stick with it, it's worth the wait IMHO.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 28th October 2021, 07:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Stick with it, it's worth the wait IMHO.
Will do , just had the stupid and silly sex scene which was so silly was about to turn it off!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 28th October 2021, 07:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I only watched it for the first time this year and I really liked it. I like the strange dreamlike aesthetic and the weird characters.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th October 2021, 08:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Contamination. 19980.

A former astronaut helps a military intelligence officer and a police detective track down the source of strange alien eggs on Earth that he saw on a expedition on Mars.

One of those films that's so bad it's so good, another Italian rip-off, this time Alien got the clone, yes it's daft, it does have stomach/chest bursting scenes but no aliens come out just guts and blood. Ian McCulloch plays the drunk Hubbard who nobody believed what he saw...he told you so. Louise Marleau plays the hard nosed Intelligence officer wanting to find the source where these arrived on Earth. Marino Mase plays the police detective who doesn'rt like being de-contaminated part and tries to be a ladies man. This has always entertained me over the years since dvd and upgraded it to the Blu-Ray, the dubbing may be out of sync at times .

ContaminationSleeve.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!