Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Justin101 28th October 2021 08:32 PM

I thought that I'd really like Contamination but it was in my local CEX the day after I watched it haha...

MrBarlow 28th October 2021 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 662446)
I thought that I'd really like Contamination but it was in my local CEX the day after I watched it haha...

Was it that bad for ya Justin?

Justin101 28th October 2021 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 662447)
Was it that bad for ya Justin?

I do love bad Italian films but I hated this one for some reason :D Never had the inclination to go back and try again.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th October 2021 09:33 PM

Quote:

Really dull isn't it. The only reason i still own it is because my dvd is region one (Blue Underground)

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th October 2021 10:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Haha! My pumpkin is now my avatar.

For three more days.

Hopefully we'll see more than just my primitive attempt before Halloween is over. I bet most of you carve really intricate faces and objects.

MrBarlow 28th October 2021 10:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Shivers. 1975.

Residents of a tower block are turning sexual crazy due to a parasite that was placed in the body of a young girl that a doctor tried to kill.

I actually feel pretty bad as this is the first David Cronenberg film I have watched this month, don't know why I missed him out bad Mr B. This has always been a pleasure to watch, not for the plot and Lynn Lowry getting undressed, but more the setting that makes it claustrophobic and no where to run and hide. Ivan Reitman made a good choice to help Mr Cronenberg fund this film and show how the body can be manipulated. The acting may not be great but still enjoyable.

Attachment 237306

Demoncrat 28th October 2021 10:42 PM

The Ring Two (2005, Hideo Nakata)

At best is it a metaphor for something? Cthulhu, I hope so. Your favourite mom & son package set up a new home in order to escape their recent past. That always works doesn't it? A few scattered slivers of imagery aside, this has mommy harrassing a witness, tampering with evidence and breaking and entering a current crime scene. All for love :skull:
Not as outright crazed as Rings was TF.

Now I'm watching Ghoul School (1990) which has terrible audio :skull: so far.

Demoncrat 28th October 2021 10:45 PM

Quote:

BURN THE HERETIC

:skull:

MrBarlow 28th October 2021 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 662457)
BURN THE HERETIC

:skull:

I was beginning to think it was only me that liked Contamination :skull:

Demoncrat 28th October 2021 11:56 PM

I still need that BD. That'll be my fifth copy (sighs).

Ahem.

Ghoul School (1990, Timothy O'Rawe)

A series of unconnected scenes coalesce into a glorious goopy mess. What a find. Terrible bassy audio rendering some dialogue inaudible, the total sense that this was a "one take or less" style production, and all in all the saving grace for this dvd was the fact that it had the trailer for Aquanoids on it :skull: