Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th October 2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 465811)
Does it still stand up all these years later?

I really enjoyed revisiting it. The effects work are fun and atypical '80s, plus the whole 'metal-heads are outsiders' and 'metal is the devil's music' whilst not as relevant nowadays still rings true at certain levels... sadly. Ozzy Osbourne as the TV preacher is also still as hilarious as ever (given how serious he is on screen).

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th October 2015 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 465834)
I really enjoyed revisiting it. The effects work are fun and atypical '80s, plus the whole 'metal-heads are outsiders' and 'metal is the devil's music' whilst not as relevant nowadays still rings true at certain levels... sadly. Ozzy Osbourne as the TV preacher is also still as hilarious as ever (given how serious he is on screen).

I too enjoyed it. Thought the soundtrack to be very good. I used to have it on vinyl at one stage.

It all brought back memories of the whole PMRC debacle from that era. Sammi Curr seemed to be a strange mash up of Dee Snider and Blackie Lawless from W.A.S.P.

It did amuse me that Gene Simmons' DJ gave away the rare acetate. He probably found it painful to say those lines. I'm surprised he didn't auction it inside a Kiss coffin.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th October 2015 11:40 AM

I'm going to check this one out sometime today...

Black Moon (1934)

http://primer.a.ltrbxd.com/resized/f...g?k=49d901871f

Love battling against the sorcery of the jungle!

A woman returning to her island birthplace finds herself drawn to a voodoo cult.


It seems interesting - has anyone seen it?

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th October 2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 465837)
I'm going to check this one out sometime today...

Black Moon (1934)

http://primer.a.ltrbxd.com/resized/f...g?k=49d901871f

Love battling against the sorcery of the jungle!

A woman returning to her island birthplace finds herself drawn to a voodoo cult.


It seems interesting - has anyone seen it?

Sadly not, no.

Inspector Abberline 24th October 2015 04:26 PM

Trick r Treat
 
3 Attachment(s)
first tonight Trick r Treat smell my feet.

Attachment 171620Attachment 171622Attachment 171624

trebor8273 24th October 2015 06:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
First viewing

Attachment 171625

Attachment 171626

Inspector Abberline 24th October 2015 07:56 PM

flintstone
 
4 Attachment(s)
Just started the Jurassic Park box set, In a world where there's no Ray Harryhausen ,this is next best thing to a 50's monster movie, perhaps one day we will see Gwangi Vs Beast from 20.000 Fathoms. Any how I like a good dinosaur flick.

trebor8273 24th October 2015 07:59 PM

with it being classed as horror was going to watch hemlock grove on netflix, is it worth watching or is it some awful type of teenage crap like twilight?

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th October 2015 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 465865)
Just started the Jurassic Park box set, In a world where there's no Ray Harryhausen ,this is next best thing to a 50's monster movie, perhaps one day we will see Gwangi Vs Beast from 20.000 Fathoms. Any how I like a good dinosaur flick.

I really like all the JP films. Although i've bought the latest this week i thought i might save it until Christmas to watch. It's not like the Sainsburies ltd 2 disc set will drop in price anyway.

trebor8273 24th October 2015 08:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
After I've finished watching the first episode of hemlock grove this is the next viewing of the night

Attachment 171642

Attachment 171643

Attachment 171644


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.