Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Nordicdusk 31st October 2021 09:53 PM

Just watched Halloween 4 and realised Halloween Kills is a complete rip off of that. Now i hate it even more.

MrBarlow 31st October 2021 10:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fright Night Part 2. 1988.

Three years have passed since Peter and Charley destroyed Jerry Dandridge, Charley is now 20 years old and at college, he sees a mysterious woman in the same building where Peter stays and has dreams of her and may be convinced she is a vampire. She is Regine, Jerry's sister who is out for revenge of her brother's death.

William Ragsdale and Roddy McDowell return for this sequel with Tommy Lee Wallace in the directors chair. This time Julie Carmen is the antagonist and who wouldn't let her in as she can be quite seductive. This has a bit more humour added in with some good visual effects but the tone of the film doesn't seem too dark than the previous film, and does have the same background score which the tempo is changed, and a bit more blood splatter. Entertaining enough.

Attachment 237401

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st October 2021 11:25 PM

Time for Halloween (1978) followed by To The Devil a Daughter.

That's horror done for me until at least tomorrow then. :crazed:

MrBarlow 1st November 2021 12:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Murder By The Clock. 1931.

A woman scared of being buried alive installs a horn on her crypt but who is dead and why does the horn always sound?

Another dark house movie from the 30s, sinister things going on in a spooky mansion, with films like these, the lights must be switched off to soak in the atmosphere and dark tone of the film. The acting is quite good even though it may seem wooden at times but this was entertaining, I'm gonna carry on the horror fest till I go back to work on Thursday, thanks again for all the likes again this year, :ilovecultlabs:

Attachment 237402

MrBarlow 1st November 2021 02:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Schizoid. 1980.

A columnist holds a group therapy and her members begin to go missing only to turn up dead by a unknown assailant.

I never thought i'd see the day with Klaus Kinski in a horror being a protagonist and wanting to be humped by every single woman in the therapy group. This is the first time seeing this and was really good, some good tense moments built up well and nice twist with a twist ending added in. The pace can be a bit slow at times but does pick up quick you can't blame director David Paulson he was given a deadline by Cannon producers, he done a decent job though.

Attachment 237403

MrBarlow 1st November 2021 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Is this anyone of us :lol:

Attachment 237409

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st November 2021 01:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 662659)
Time for Halloween (1978) followed by To The Devil a Daughter.

That's horror done for me until at least tomorrow then. :crazed:

As i could have a nice long lie in this morning until ten i also watched 1931's Dracula. An ideal film to watch as the candles give their last flicker and Halloween once again becomes simply a moment in time.

Oh yeah, and the very sympathetic documentary Lugosi: The Dark Prince (36 mins) on Bela Lugosi's career (Mainly his Universal output) which sheds a whole new light on the man with the likes of Greg Mank, Joe Dante, Steve Haberman, Christopher Frayling, Kim Newman, Stephen Jones, Ramsey Campbell, Chris Wicking and Jimmy Sangster speaking with love for the horror great.

MrBarlow 1st November 2021 02:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Drive In Massacre. 1976.

Two detectives try to catch a killer at the local drive in theatre.

This is one of those so bad it's so good films, the setting has potential, dark nights, couples in their cars and one crazed stalker killing them with a sword and a few suspects. The dialogue may not be at it's best with one or two bits that seem to go on longer than normal and two bungling detectives try and go undercover with some comedy added in.

Attachment 237415

Justin101 1st November 2021 05:00 PM

My last week of the marathon, I'm a little worn out so I might have a night off and start a new TV series instead. Had loads of fun this time, a mix of new watches, familiar favourites and this time around films I had seen many years ago and not since!

https://i.ibb.co/Sy9Kzvv/Screenshot-...Letterboxd.jpg

MrBarlow 1st November 2021 05:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Willy's Wonderland. 2021.

After his car breaks down, a man known as "The Janitor" takes on a job to cover the cost at Willy's Wonderland, a kids play area but the animatronics seem to have a life of their own.

This is one Nic Cage movie I can watch again and again...only cos he never says a word and knows how to pack a punch and leaves a damsel in distress to take a break, always important to take breaks when working no matter what. Good action comedy horror that's entertaining even though Nic does a small dance and busts some quality moves :lol:

Attachment 237429