Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Justin101 5th October 2022 01:08 PM

I haven't seen any apart from TCM and TCM2, the new Netflix version has had good reviews though you know, might be worth looking at.

I quite fancy the 'Next Generation' one with Renee Zellweger. I've heard it's terrible :lol: I've just realised that's the one you were talking about with the boobs :lol:

MrBarlow 5th October 2022 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 676766)

I quite fancy the 'Next Generation' one with Renee Zellweger. I've heard it's terrible :lol: I've just realised that's the one you were talking about with the boobs :lol:

Don't expect to be watching a masterpiece

MrBarlow 5th October 2022 04:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Halloween: Resurrection. 2002.

Cast and crew of a reality show do a live stream from the Myers house unaware Michael is in the house.

Why...Why...Why, did they carry on after H20? They should have let Michael be dead instead of doing another instalment. Busta and Tyra are two people who can't really act in this, Tyra making a coffee while dancing, ok I like to have music on while making a coffee but I don't dance about it :lol: Busta watching Bruce lee movie and thinking he can imitate him, seriously insulting.

There is people at a Halloween party, good to see them dress up, but if one member went to my room and used my computer I wouldn't be happy but the owner of the house seems to be calm about it. One question does bother me or two How did Michael know where Laurie was and second when did a psychiatric hospital get softer doors. If anyone headbutted a door it wouldn't break like that and not suffer a concussion?

Attachment 242502

Frankie Teardrop 5th October 2022 04:09 PM

STARFISH – A woman rakes through memories of a relationship after her best friend kills herself; it seems an odd time for the population to vanish, but that’s what happens. ‘Starfish’ is lovely to look at and wraps the absence at its heart in lush photography. Its atmosphere of melancholy is very convincing but falters a little with the introduction of Lovecraftian CGI beasts and wacky animated detours. As much as I found these bits quite intriguing at first, in the end they got a little jarring when half the film’s work had been accomplished through its pared-down approach and a focus on feelings of absence and isolation. ‘Starfish’, a vaguely odd mumblecore sci-fi horror, is an interesting experiment that didn’t quite grab me.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th October 2022 05:01 PM

October 4th

2 Attachment(s)
The Blair Witch Project (1999)

Always enjoyable and very creepy. Featuring some delightful fear inducing sounds from the dark woods at night. The sounds of stones clattering and children screaming as well as the final exploration of the old witch's house is still the essence of all things creepy and i still find it all rather disturbing.

Blair Witch (2016)

A distinctly average retread of the original Blair Witch Project. Director Adam Wingard uses all the same ideas that made the first film such a success - things that go bump in the night - however it doesn't work quite as well as it should basically because it's a been there done that scenario and despite a lot more time frantically running round the supposed witch house, (which now appears the size of a blooming mansion) Blair Witch ends exactly the same as The Blair Witch Project did. Although fans of the superior British film The Borderlands (2013) like myself could be forgiven for thinking it was going down that films route at one point.

Watching these films on Blu-ray for the first time was interesting. The Blair Witch Project is absolutely no improvement over the dvd, however Blair Witch now has a Dolby Atmos soundtrack which is a bit of a stunner and will make you feel like you are lost and alone in those creepy woods.

MrBarlow 5th October 2022 06:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Friday The 13th Part III. 1982.

A group of friends arrive at a cabin close to Camp Crystal Lake, only for Jason to return and start the killing.

The film does a recap of the previous film then skips to another group of people heading to the cabin in the woods, the makers did try with the 3D and done it better than most films from the 80s. Did I get the feeling of De-Ja Vu, someone getting sliced through the neck while lying down and someone jumping out the water towards the end. The kills were decent and a bit creative, the start of the iconic hockey mask.

Attachment 242507

Nordicdusk 5th October 2022 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 4

Attachment 242514

While out hunting a man discovers a wild woman living in a cave and he likes what he sees so he rushes home straight away and prepares his cellar with the help of his family for their new guest. The next day Chris captures the wild woman and bring her home where he believes he can take her.

As soon as it starts you just feel like hey something isn't right here it gives the illusion that we are all happy family but you know that's not the truth. The start of the film is pretty slow and plods along but you can't look away knowing something messed up is going to happen. All the characters are extremely unlikable especially the father and son who you just want to punch repeatedly in the face the wife and the older daughter are not far behind :lol:. The soundtrack is an odd one also it really feels like your watching a 90s indie film filled with 90s alternative rock music which works really well and strangely helps build that feeling that something's wrong. The whole film is constantly walking on the edge and makes you wait for it to eventually go over that edge and when it does it really does go over the edge in a quite disturbing and violent ways.

The pay off is satisfying but it does leave a nasty taste in your mouth I always feel uncomfortable watching domestic violence towards women.

Good film but again one you have seen it you have seen it.

MrBarlow 5th October 2022 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 676798)
30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 4

Attachment 242514

Offspring and Darlin are decent to watch, our emperor Dem recommended them and found them entertaining

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th October 2022 08:46 PM

Have you seen the first film, Offspring, Nordy?

Sequel Darlin' is really good i thought.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th October 2022 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 676799)
Offspring and Darlin are decent to watch, our emperor Dem recommended them and found them entertaining

Oops!

Missed this post.