Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Gothmogxx 7th October 2018 10:33 PM

I've been genuinely blown away tonight.

Don't Breathe 2016 is one of THE prime examples of how to do a horror film completely right and also shows that modern horror isn't as bad as people say it is. Thankfully as someone in my 20's I can enjoy both the really, really old stuff, then the stuff from the 70's-90's and now the modern age. I truly pity anybody my age who refuses to enjoy horror films because "its too old". But on the flip side, I really can't stand how people hold up the old days in such high esteem and just immediately dismiss everything that came afterwards. Both have their own screw ups so what's the issue? Why not just enjoy all of them regardless of when they came out, as i'm sure pretty much everybody on this forum does?

I'm going off topic here so back to it: Jesus Christ this is a modern masterpiece not just of horror, but film overall.

Not since The Descent has there been a horror film which has so much tension, claustrophobia or suspense. So basically the three younger characters go to rob this old blind guys house which on paper seems like an easy task. Except it all goes horribly wrong: This guy may be blind but he means business. I don't think its a spoiler to mention that since the back of the Blu Ray basically says so. It completely turns the home invasion sub-genre on its head and makes the inhabitant the threat: and a very sinister one at that. David Hess may be the go to guy to play a bad character for a home invasion movie, but even the characters he plays like Krug and Alex would potentially meet their match here if they broke into this house.

There's only so much I can say, and I don't even want to go into the cat and mouse chase that takes up the majority of the film, along with some other stuff you find out as it goes on. I don't even want to put spoiler warnings in case somebody just decides to say "screw it" and reads it anyway without having seen it.

I've thought carefully about how to rate every film on this list but not this one, it doesn't need a second of thought. 10/10

WATCH this movie, don't look up the major spoilers or what happens: just watch it and have fun.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th October 2018 11:21 PM

Here's what i said about Don't Breathe last December. :lol:

Don't Breathe (2016)

This tale of three young burglars who take on more than they bargained for when they try to steal a wad of cash from a blind army veteran.

Merely okay. I felt it would have worked better in a 25 minute slot in an Amicus anthology film as repetition kicks in as we seem to be treading over the same ground throughout - keep quiet and still and hope the blind man doesn't shoot you. It's all fairly derivative and cliche in the way early plot points are laid on thick just so you don't forget them forty minutes later - Ladybirds, anyone?

As for the three burglars? I wanted them dead. Robbing folk, smashing their things, pissing on the floor of their victims. Deserved everything they got and more!

The film poster suggests that this is the best American horror film in twenty years. If it is then God help us!

MrBarlow 8th October 2018 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 590058)
Here's what i said about Don't Breathe last December. :lol:

Don't Breathe (2016)

This tale of three young burglars who take on more than they bargained for when they try to steal a wad of cash from a blind army veteran.

Merely okay. I felt it would have worked better in a 25 minute slot in an Amicus anthology film as repetition kicks in as we seem to be treading over the same ground throughout - keep quiet and still and hope the blind man doesn't shoot you. It's all fairly derivative and cliche in the way early plot points are laid on thick just so you don't forget them forty minutes later - Ladybirds, anyone?

As for the three burglars? I wanted them dead. Robbing folk, smashing their things, pissing on the floor of their victims. Deserved everything they got and more!

The film poster suggests that this is the best American horror film in twenty years. If it is then God help us!

I thought it was OK nothing special, it is Karma for the guilty, is the sequel still going ahead??

MrBarlow 8th October 2018 02:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
After watching The Woman in Black, tried to watch the sequel, In a dark office, didn't help, the film was still too dark so decided to watch this.
Flight of The Living Dead 2007.

On a commercial flight to Paris, 3 scientists have a special cargo on board with a armed guard, inside is a body that's been experimented on, handful of passengers and a policeman transporting a prisoner who skimmed a Russian mobster. When the plane hits bad turbulence all hell breaks loose.

This was a decent Zombie flick, OK it does have its stupid moments, but does come with plenty Blood splatter and humour from Kevin J O'connor and Richard Tyson. The story line is entertaining and doesn't go slow, the Zombie makeup is good but some CGI effects were laughable, 7 out of 10

Justin101 8th October 2018 01:03 PM

I personally loved Don't Breathe, I saw it at the cinema which i think amped up the tension! It was a 4/5 for me!

Paul Zombie 8th October 2018 01:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tomb of Ligeia.

After the death of his wife Ligeia, Verden Fell(Vincent Price), has a bit of a breakdown and becomes obsessed with the idea that she isn't really dead and will come back from the grave. and spends his time moping about in black dressed like a undertaker and wearing sunglasses at all times. :lol: But then he meets the Lady Rowena(Elizabeth Shepherd) who falls off her horse during a fox hunt and Price gives her a bit of first aid at his creepy old gothic abbey. and eventually he ends up marrying her.

Another superb gothic tale directed by Roger Corman and from another story by Edgar Allen Poe. Vincent Price as usual is excellent as a tormented chap revelling in misery and the macabre, and Elizabeth Shepherd is very good too in the double role of the late Lady Ligeia and Lady Rowena.

Very nice looking film as well that is beautifly shot with a lot of colourful outdoor scenes that are unusual in Corman films, and they show off the english countryside very well. and nice scenes of the spooky abbey and tombs, and a creepy black cat that may or not be possessed by the spirit of his dead wife.

Top notch gothic horror that i award 86.5 out of 100.

Justin101 8th October 2018 01:20 PM

https://image.ibb.co/iOWZ69/October_Horror2018.png

I've frankly been a bit rubbish this month, tried my best so far and still only watched 5, but 5 films I've never seen before! I've decided to expand my themes a bit and not just watch horror films, but anything with a spooky/witchy element to it as well. Practical Magic or The Craft would be ideal if I hadn't already watched them! Any suggestions in this vein would be welcomed!

I must admit I was a little underwhelmed by The Blood on Satan's Claw when I watched it. It was entertaining and sinister but as I had recently enjoyed the audio drama version with Mark Gatiss I felt it was eclipsed by that stellar performance! Perhaps if I had viewed the film first and the audio drama second it might have been different.

Malatesta’s Carnival of Blood was also a disappointment. I've been excited to watch this for a long while. I was promised a psychedelic headf**k but in reality it was an amateur hour non-story which made no sense and it made HGL seem like a pro!

Summer of 84 is cashing in on the retro nostalgia that Stranger Things has made popular. 4 teen boys, all a bit 'outside' of the cool kids in their school try and gather evidence that the creepy loner neighbour is a serial killer. It's got a great 80's synth soundtrack by Le Matos which owes a nod or three to Carpenter, some complaints have been made that it's a bit dominating and unnecessary at time, there are 40+ cues on the soundtrack album! It's worth a watch for sure, the first 80 minutes building up the tension and nostalgia in equal measures but somehow let down in the last 20 minutes where it changes tone and becomes a different film! Available to digitally rent now, not sure if it's getting a disc release!

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th October 2018 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 590070)
I personally loved Don't Breathe, It was a 4/5 for me!

It was a 4/5 for me too.

Out of 100. ;)

bleakshaun 8th October 2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 590073)
https://image.ibb.co/iOWZ69/October_Horror2018.png

I've frankly been a bit rubbish this month, tried my best so far and still only watched 5, but 5 films I've never seen before! I've decided to expand my themes a bit and not just watch horror films, but anything with a spooky/witchy element to it as well. Practical Magic or The Craft would be ideal if I hadn't already watched them! Any suggestions in this vein would be welcomed!

I must admit I was a little underwhelmed by The Blood on Satan's Claw when I watched it. It was entertaining and sinister but as I had recently enjoyed the audio drama version with Mark Gatiss I felt it was eclipsed by that stellar performance! Perhaps if I had viewed the film first and the audio drama second it might have been different.

Malatesta’s Carnival of Blood was also a disappointment. I've been excited to watch this for a long while. I was promised a psychedelic headf**k but in reality it was an amateur hour non-story which made no sense and it made HGL seem like a pro!

Summer of 84 is cashing in on the retro nostalgia that Stranger Things has made popular. 4 teen boys, all a bit 'outside' of the cool kids in their school try and gather evidence that the creepy loner neighbour is a serial killer. It's got a great 80's synth soundtrack by Le Matos which owes a nod or three to Carpenter, some complaints have been made that it's a bit dominating and unnecessary at time, there are 40+ cues on the soundtrack album! It's worth a watch for sure, the first 80 minutes building up the tension and nostalgia in equal measures but somehow let down in the last 20 minutes where it changes tone and becomes a different film! Available to digitally rent now, not sure if it's getting a disc release!

You've still got 23 days, no pressure [emoji6]

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Justin101 8th October 2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 590102)
You've still got 23 days, no pressure [emoji6]

I'll be in Japan for the last 10 days of the month so I've decided to not sweat it :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th October 2018 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 590106)
I'll be in Japan for the last 10 days of the month so I've decided to not sweat it :lol:

You're a modern hip dude who'll have various tablets and ways to watch films and i believe there's WI-FI in Japan as well.

So sorry, no excuses. :tongue1:

trebor8273 8th October 2018 05:24 PM

Like others i really rated don't breath. 9/10.

Now watching Carrie.

Justin101 8th October 2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 590107)
You're a modern hip dude who'll have various tablets and ways to watch films and i believe there's WI-FI in Japan as well.

So sorry, no excuses. :tongue1:

Sorry Boss, I'll try harder :lol:
I'll be watching my fancy new Bluray of City of the Living Dead this evening anyway!

bleakshaun 8th October 2018 06:18 PM

Well the coin toss was done, tonight is The Slayer

Crimson Blade 8th October 2018 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Night of The Devils(1972)

Gianni Garko plays Nicolas a mentally disturbed man who is institutionalized after being found wandering in the woods. With the story being told in flashback of his strange encounter with a backwoods family and an ancient old curse.

Directed by Giorgio Ferroni and based on a story of the Wurdulak, which was also adapted in Mario Bava's Black Sabbath, this is an entertaining and pretty well made film. It does move at a bit of a slow pace, but it has quite a few decent shocks and some bizarre imagery mixing sex and horror.

Definitely worth a watch, with plenty of atmosphere. And child star Cinzia De Carolis also co-stars from Cat'O Nine Tails. 8/10.

trebor8273 8th October 2018 07:45 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj4-Bfww_UA

Four tales that centre around a house, my favourite is still the last with Jon Pertwee. 8/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuO26oJQLVs

A good king adaptation , with a great performance from Sissy Spacek, you can't help be on her side when see gets revenge on those who tormented and bullied her. Really shows how nasty and evil kids and even adults can be. Her mother is a chilling character and I still jump at the end scene and don't get me started on the creepy and evil Jesus statue. 8/10

Now watching monster club.

Was think of one of these next

Satan's little helped
Interview with a vampire
Blair witch

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th October 2018 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 590123)
Was think of one of these next

Satan's little helped
Interview with a vampire
Blair witch

Don't bother with Blair Witch. It's ****ing awful!

trebor8273 8th October 2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 590125)
Don't bother with Blair Witch. It's ****ing awful!

I mean project , . Tried watching it years ago when it came out and couldn't get into it, think that's what made me distaste of most found footage films.

bleakshaun 8th October 2018 08:04 PM

The Slayer
A painter goes on holiday with her husband and their friends, she is utterly depressed and this comes worst when she realises her dreams are real. Also there's a lot of rain and a killer.
The deaths are few and far between, however when they do happen it's quite satisfying to see. However what interested me was the relationship between the artist and everyone else where it begins to break down, I just wished they could have done more with it.
Still it was fun.

Susan Foreman 8th October 2018 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 590106)

Turn on the television

I'm sure you can find 10 days of Kaiju films

It's Japan for Goddess sake!

Justin101 8th October 2018 08:54 PM

October Horror Movie Marathon

Just finished watching the new City of the Living Dead disc and it looks amazing!
The story is as crazy as ever, but loads of atmosphere and some very amusing dubbing choices, loved it haha.

Now I’m watching the 40 minute Stephen Thrower piece about the film.

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th October 2018 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 590135)
Just finished watching the new City of the Living Dead disc and it looks amazing!
The story is as crazy as ever, but loads of atmosphere and some very amusing dubbing choices, loved it haha.

Now I’m watching the 40 minute Stephen Thrower piece about the film.

Hope he talks faster than he writes. :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th October 2018 10:37 PM

October 7th

1 Attachment(s)
The Man Who Could Cheat Death (1959)

One of the lesser known Hammer horror films but one i really like. More melodrama than outright horror as it's Barre Lyndon stage play origins means it is rather talky. (One scene of chatter lasts a good eight minutes) However this means that the horror when it does take place is all the more thrilling.

Anton Diffring, best known for his sadistic Nazi roles in films such as Where Eagles Dare takes the lead with Christopher Lee in a main supporting role. It really should have been the other way round but for whatever reason in 1959 Lee wasn't seen by Hammer producers as a leading man, more their go-to monster guy. However even with Diffring and Lee present it's the lovely Hazel Court who steals the film from under their noses with a performance of grace and beauty.

The film springs one or two surprises which i won't mention here and looks superb with it's use of colour. It's tempting to say it looks Bava-esq, but as this was pre colour Bava maybe it was he who took inspiration from Hammer.

Recommended but with caution, because it isn't the most horrific of horrors.

Gothmogxx 8th October 2018 10:40 PM

The Last House on the Left 1972

One of the most important films in the history of horror. This film started off the careers of Sean Cunningham and Wes Craven. After this film, Sean Cunningham would later go on to direct Friday the 13th, which started the Slasher craze of the 80's. Halloween may often get cited as the first one (which isn't even true, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Black Christmas plus many more) but the one which opened the floodgates was Friday the 13th. That particular franchise gave birth to one of the top icons of horror: Jason Voorhees.

Meanwhile Wes Craven, who also now had a career, went on to direct other films such as The Hills Have Eyes before saving the Slasher sub genre with A Nightmare on Elm Street. Freddy Krueger was born. He would later go on to make Scream, resulting in the birth of Ghostface and again giving the sub genre some life.

All of this stems from this film (which in turn was inspired by The Virgin Spring). Without The Last House on the Left, the genre as a whole would have looked very different. If Wes and Sean didn't get careers, which this film gave them, then we would have no Jason Voorhees, no Freddy Krueger and no Ghostface. We would also have no slasher sub genre as we know it today. Sure in that hypothetical scenario we still could have had something similar. Halloween would have still came out regardless and a successful imitator would have inevitably come along. But in 1980? Maybe a couple of years later in 1982? Would it be a one off film or a franchise? I'm going way off topic here but its fun to think about: could we have had a slasher genre starting in the mid 80's instead of the early 80's? Different villains: presumably mask wielding maniacs like Jason or wise cracking ghouls like Freddy but who would they have been? What would they have been? Would the genre have continued well into the 90's, only to die out by the end of the decade? Perhaps instead of Scream, Adam Green could have made Hatchet or something similar as he already did and people would have made it a smash hit at the box office, giving Victor Crowley the theatrical success he deserves as a slasher villain?

This is fun to ponder but anyway, back to Last House. I think the reason a film like this works so well is due to just how realistic it is. This, in fact especially more so today, is something which could easily happen in some part of the world. Krug and the others are a bit over the top and its clear this is Wes Cravens first film but I think that helps it. Alongside Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the documentary style way in which the film is shot helps the realism.

These truly are nasty people. What they put the two girls through is true horror. They get humiliated, raped, beat up, forced to have sex with each other, cut up and finally shot. As mentioned above this is far more terrifying than a lot of the more supernatural horror films out there because this could plausibly happen.

Now it is completely ridiculous how in the whole of the United States, the gang somehow end up right outside one of the girls houses when their car breaks down (this is less of a thing in Night Train Murders: that gang end are on a train which is already going to where the parents of their victims are waiting) but at least it gives the parents the opportunity to dish out revenge: and it is sweet to watch. Reminds me of Home Alone actually when the dad sets up some home-made traps. In fact a lot of his films remind me of Home Alone: The Carter family snaring Papa Jupiter in Hills Have Eyes and Nancy (in less the half an hour somehow) setting up various traps to get Freddy Apparently similar stuff happens in People Under the Stairs (I haven't seen it). Wes Craven should have directed Home Alone!

There was some ongoing storyline about the Collingwood's telephone: its working again after being fixed or something, which is mentioned a lot, then somehow its not working but "still dead". So was it ever fixed in the first place?

The police officers tend to annoy people as well: they do seem very out of place in such a dark film (maybe they should have been with the dumb cops in Halloween 5?) But its never really bothered me and some of the stuff makes me laugh. For me I think its good because it takes you out of the darker stuff for a bit, same with the music. But the music works both ways here, it can get goofy but at the same time its very grim when played against the brutal scenes.

I especially love how this sequence works: Not only do you have such a great score playing in the background which works perfectly for this whole scene, but look at them. She's just been horribly raped by Krug and even he and the other two look disgusted at what he's just done. When they shoot her they don't even laugh or smile: its gone way too far by that point and they just want to get out of the area. You can see why both Quentin Tarantino and Eli Roth took some parts of the score for their own individual work: Cabin Fever and The Hateful Eight (the latter of which you can also see in the same link provided) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVl5rWfSOMY&t=1s

A masterpiece of true realistic horror (though not based on a true story like the film claims at the start) and one which set up the future the genre for the 80's and beyond. 10/10. Can't wait to watch Texas Chainsaw Massacre tomorrow: another early 70's controversial film.

MrBarlow 8th October 2018 11:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Poltergeist 1982.

After moving into their new house, the Freeling family start to experience poltergeist activity.

This was one horror movie I saw when I was young and it creeped me out that I didn't go near the TV for a while. Directed by Tobe Hooper, the family is living in a new built area, its not like The Amityville House, something happened there but still buy it, halfway through the movie you understand how the Hauntings have started.

The suspense of the film is brilliantly done by the cast who seem genuinely terrified like it was real and the special effects with the investigator hallucinating, the staircase ghost and also the demon at the door.

bleakshaun 9th October 2018 10:02 AM

Ghost Ship
A salvage crew get offered a job to pick up an unknown liner, what they don't realise is that its haunted (woooooooooooo spooky [emoji57][emoji317][emoji317][emoji317])
Ach its alright just takes some time to get there unfortunately.

Paul Zombie 9th October 2018 02:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Long Hair of Death.

Helen Karnstein's mother is falsely accused of murder and being a witch and sentenced to death by burning and curses the town before she dies. And then Helen(Barbara Steele) gets chucked off a cliff into the river to stop her exposing the truth. afterwards, her younger sister Elizabeth gets taken in by Count humboldt and is forced to marry his evil son Kurt. but Barbara Steele later rises from the grave to avenge her mother.

From Anthony M Dawson who made that classic video nasty Cannibal Apocalypse comes this top notch gothic chiller in the style of Mario bava's Black Sunday. and although it is a little dragged out in parts, it has nice style with all the old Italian atmospheres in the creepy old dusty castle with all it's secret passage ways and crypts.

Barbara Steele gives another good performance too, and looks as beautiful as ever in her period costumes, and even giving her fans a couple of scenes of brief nudity as well. ;)

another very good release from 88 films. and i give this highly entertaining film with Wicker Man type ending 86 out of 100.

John Matrix 9th October 2018 05:37 PM

Friday the 13th

7/10

No point in describing this, every man and his dug has seen the original Friday the 13th. Mrs Voorhes has some strength.

My Bloody Valentine

6/10

Decent holiday slasher that makes good use of a tumble dryer.

Candyman

7/10

Hadn't seen this one in years. Almost as good as I remember it. Virginia Madsen basically just smokes about 60 a day. Tony Todd is creepy as fu*k and no one who watched this as a child, unless a total mentalist, has ever had the bottle to say Candyman five times in front of a mirror.

Halloween, The Exorcist and Rosemary's Baby still to watch for my Hallowen viewing.

trebor8273 9th October 2018 05:42 PM

Now watching interview with a vampire only seen it once years ago when it first came out.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th October 2018 06:06 PM

October 8th

2 Attachment(s)
All Hallows' Eve (2013)

Decent portmanteau horror about a babysitter who decides to watch a video cassette that had been left in one of her charges Halloween goodie bags.

Although let down at times by lack of budget All Hallows' Eve isn't bad at all. We have demonic creatures, aliens and Art the clown - breakout star who ended up with his own movie this year in Terrifier. - and a fairly high gore quota. The acting isn't the best although Katie Maguire is excellent as the babysitter but the whole thing is clearly made by people who have a passion for the genre and it is suitably creepy throughout.

Night of the Demons (1988)

On Halloween night a bunch of insufferable college kids hole up at an abandoned mortuary for a wild party. It's not too long before they unleash demons from hell who knock them off in hideous ways.

A reasonable fun film that feels like a carnival house of horror and is mainly let down by Linnea Quigley's stilted and wooden delivery of her lines. There's graphic gore and violence and one or two memorable scenes but it's impossible to take seriously.

trebor8273 9th October 2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 590193)
All Hallows' Eve (2013)

Decent portmanteau horror about a babysitter who decides to watch a video cassette that had been left in one of her charges Halloween goodie bags.

Although let down at times by lack of budget All Hallows' Eve isn't bad at all. We have demonic creatures, aliens and Art the clown - breakout star who ended up with his own movie this year in Terrifier. - and a fairly high gore quota. The acting isn't the best although Katie Maguire is excellent as the babysitter but the whole thing is clearly made by people who have a passion for the genre and it is suitably creepy throughout.

Night of the Demons (1988)

On Halloween night a bunch of insufferable college kids hole up at an abandoned mortuary for a wild party. It's not too long before they unleash demons from hell who knock them off in hideous ways.

A reasonable fun film that feels like a carnival house of horror and is mainly let down by Linnea Quigley's stilted and wooden delivery of her lines. There's graphic gore and violence and one or two memorable scenes but it's impossible to take seriously.

Think I might watch all Hallows eve and the terrifier tomorrow, interview with a vampire for some strange reason doesn't feel like a horror to me.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th October 2018 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 590195)
Think I might watch all Hallows eve and the terrifier tomorrow, interview with a vampire for some strange reason doesn't feel like a horror to me.

:lol: I added Interview to my watch list after you mentioned it. I love it though.

I shall watch Terrifier nearer to Halloween itself.

MrBarlow 9th October 2018 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Poltergeist 2: The Other Side. 1986

A year after the freeling family fled their house, the area is now a archeology dig, the Freeling's are now living in Arizona with Diane's mother, but something or someone has followed them and why is the Reverend kane interested in the family.

This was a so so sequel tbh, the cast from the original film appear except Dominique Dunne who died after completing the first movie, her character was mentioned in as being away at college. Will Sampson appears as the indian medicine man who tries to help the family and also performed a real exorcism on set after the crew became uncomfortable. The haunting appearance in this film is from Julian Beck's portrayal as Reverend Kane, he does seem like the sweet old man of the church but has deep dark secrets, his gaunt expression was from suffering cancer , and make up on he even scared Heather O'Rourke. This wasn't a big suspense movie, the special effects were good but the only disappointment for me was the finale. 6 out of 10

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th October 2018 07:04 PM

I haven't seen any of the Poltergeist films. I've got the first one but never watched it.

trebor8273 9th October 2018 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 590199)
:lol: I added Interview to my watch list after you mentioned it. I love it though.

I shall watch Terrifier nearer to Halloween itself.

I'm enjoying it, maybe it's me it has a homoerotic vibe running through out, it's very well acted with beautiful sets and scenery .

trebor8273 9th October 2018 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 590210)
I haven't seen any of the Poltergeist films. I've got the first one but never watched it.

What the hell,one of those films i thought ever horror can would of seen.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th October 2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 590212)
What the hell,one of those films i thought ever horror can would of seen.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

just not every horror fan. :tongue1: :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th October 2018 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 590210)

I've only seen the first one – I have never considered watching the sequels – and find I like it more with each viewing. It was quite funny to notice a reference (though whether it's intentional or not I don't know) in Incredibles 2!

It might be worth adding it to your October watchlist, but try to forget about the debate about whether Hooper or Spielberg had the most creative input while watching it as you'll probably enjoy it more that way.

trebor8273 9th October 2018 07:37 PM

As I'm enjoying interview with a vampire is queen of the damned worth watching or should I give it a miss?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th October 2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 590216)
As I'm enjoying interview with a vampire is queen of the damned worth watching or should I give it a miss?

A definite miss. :nod: