Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd November 2022, 02:28 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default Halloween III: Season of the Witch

HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH

How else should the Irish celebrate Halloween, but by watching the film that captures our hatred for children. I’m mean, I’m not saying Conal Cochran’s plan was the most ethical, but I think he may have a point. Let’s consider:

1. Cochran claims he is doing this as a sacrifice to the Pagan Gods of old.

2. Cochran brings up references to magic and other supernatural powers, which implies that the Pagan Gods could destroy us if not satisfied.

3. That Cochran was able to create masks that implode the wearer’s head, and have snakes and insects emerge, proves that these supernatural powers exist.

4. Therefore, Cochran is right.

5. Also, children are very annoying, and the planet’s overpopulated, so it’s not the worst of ideas.

Indeed, the real villain is Dr. Dan Challis. Not only content with drinking on the job, or while driving, he sexually harasses his nurses, and blows off his children so he can sleep with the daughter of a patient that just died. Now, I know this makes him look f*cking awesome, but he is about to doom humanity forever by the end of the film.

Anyhoo, Halloween III is hackneyed writing and mediocre direction that is lifted high by the incredibly game cast, the beautiful cinematography, superb editing, and a cracking score. Highly recommended!
Old 2nd November 2022, 06:03 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
This was a interesting year, some films repeated and new ones for me and thanks to all that recommended Trick "R" Treat for me, can see now why you guys enjoy it. Word of advice...Never do a 24 hour binge when you hit 40 years old.
Do it while you can.

When you reach 50 a 2.5 hour film is a challenge.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 2nd November 2022, 06:06 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH

How else should the Irish celebrate Halloween, but by watching the film that captures our hatred for children. I’m mean, I’m not saying Conal Cochran’s plan was the most ethical, but I think he may have a point. Let’s consider:

1. Cochran claims he is doing this as a sacrifice to the Pagan Gods of old.

2. Cochran brings up references to magic and other supernatural powers, which implies that the Pagan Gods could destroy us if not satisfied.

3. That Cochran was able to create masks that implode the wearer’s head, and have snakes and insects emerge, proves that these supernatural powers exist.

4. Therefore, Cochran is right.

5. Also, children are very annoying, and the planet’s overpopulated, so it’s not the worst of ideas.

Indeed, the real villain is Dr. Dan Challis. Not only content with drinking on the job, or while driving, he sexually harasses his nurses, and blows off his children so he can sleep with the daughter of a patient that just died. Now, I know this makes him look f*cking awesome, but he is about to doom humanity forever by the end of the film.

Anyhoo, Halloween III is hackneyed writing and mediocre direction that is lifted high by the incredibly game cast, the beautiful cinematography, superb editing, and a cracking score. Highly recommended!

Brilliant.
You forgot the stereotypical Irish accent and clothing....

Yep Halloween 3 IS class.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 2nd November 2022, 08:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default November 1st / 2nd - The Day of the Dead

Candyman 3: Day of the Dead (1999)

A direct to dvd sequel to Candyman: Farewell to the Flesh (1995) and set 25 years on where Donna D'Errico (The daughter from the second film) summons the Candyman (A returning Tony Todd) who begins a hook slashing killing spree in Los Angeles during their Day of the Dead celebrations. Meanwhile a local cop (Wade Williams) tries to pin the murders on D'Errico.

Most people don't seem to like this third entry in the series whereas i really don't mind it. D'Errico is okay, not brilliant, just okay whilst Todd is his usual silky voiced self. The gore is certainly upped here with some juicy bloodletting throughout and more back story on Todd's Daniel Robitaille.

Candyman 3: Day of the Dead isn't essential Candyman viewing by any means but i always enjoy it and the new Vestron Blu-ray looks pretty decent for a direct to dvd film.

Watchimg this last night as November 1st turned into November 2nd it struck me that despite taking place in the build up to All Souls Day and the Mexican Day of the Dead there's not a Halloween pumpkin or decoration in sight, not one, clearly a f*ck up in production.

And so ends my October Horror Marathon...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (88.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 2nd November 2022, 08:44 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
A big Thank you to everyone who has posted their reviews of their October Horror Movie Marathons.

Yet again they've been a joy to read, and going off the number of 'likes' every single review has achieved i'm not the only one who thought that.

I really enjoyed it this year, loads of variety from everyone but also some fan favourites that a few of us managed to watch around the same time as each other for no reason other than coincidence!

I ended up with a tally of 53 year! Up from 44 last year. I don’t even want to count MrB’s lol

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 2nd November 2022, 08:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I really enjoyed it this year, loads of variety from everyone but also some fan favourites that a few of us managed to watch around the same time as each other for no reason other than coincidence!

I ended up with a tally of 53 year! Up from 44 last year. I don’t even want to count MrB’s lol
All i'm gonna say is I beat my own score
Old 10th September 2023, 01:45 PM
Cult Veteran

Started a pile, only a few items in it so far. A couple of them were on my pile last year and didn’t get watched.

Also planning on Trick R Treat and Hell Fest to make a repeat appearance this year as well.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 10th September 2023, 04:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Started a pile, only a few items in it so far. A couple of them were on my pile last year and didn’t get watched.

Also planning on Trick R Treat and Hell Fest to make a repeat appearance this year as well.
Interesting start there Justin, im working on a list at moment amd booking off the last week in October for another 24 hours binge.
Old 10th September 2023, 04:15 PM
Cult Master

Same rules apply for me this year 30 unseen then a night of favourites.

Just checked Halloween is on a Tuesday well that f**kin sucks bloody school night.
Old 10th September 2023, 04:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Same rules apply for me this year 30 unseen then a night of favourites.

Just checked Halloween is on a Tuesday well that f**kin sucks bloody school night.
Still time to put in for a holiday or last minute sick day Nordi

Like this? Share it using the links below!