Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Inspector Abberline 1st November 2015 05:34 PM

Dracula Has Risen from the Grave

4 Attachment(s)
C'mon lets be honest were English, we've always been crap at Halloween, As a country were much better at dogging and burning Catholics which we then celebrate by spending the night in A & E with third degree burns, late entry Dracula Has Risen from the Grave the blu ray.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th September 2016 10:00 AM

With my final two Sci-Fi September discs being dispatched from Love Film today, it's now time to purge the remaining list of sci-fi and bring on the horror as the spooky season is almost upon us... :skullscream:

So, I thought it was time to dust the cobwebs off of this thread ready to receive everyone's spooky viewings. :skull: :vamp: :pumpkin:

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th September 2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 506572)
With my final two Sci-Fi September discs being dispatched from Love Film today, it's now time to purge the remaining list of sci-fi and bring on the horror as the spooky season is almost upon us... :skullscream:

So, I thought it was time to dust the cobwebs off of this thread ready to receive everyone's spooky viewings. :skull: :vamp: :pumpkin:

Yay! :glitter:

I'm fed up of sci-fi (cheap effects and rubbery monsters)

bring on the spookiness (cheap effects and rubbery monsters)

Justin101 27th September 2016 11:07 AM

I'm out of the country for the first 12 days of 'Spooktober' so I'm going to lag behind but I always look forward to watching horror films all month in October.

I did a challenge for last year with strict rules which was fun, but this time I'm just going to watch what I feel like!

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th September 2016 11:12 AM

Old dark houses, slashing favourites and classics of the genre all month for me. (As well as a few i've bought over the course of the year which are new to me - Houses of Halloween, Pay the Ghost, Hollow - films set at Halloween)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th September 2016 07:48 PM

I don't have any specific films in mind for the month, but it's good to see the evenings being dark at about 7 o'clock, so that will definitely help with the atmosphere for when I inevitably watch such genre favourites as The Exorcist, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Rosemary's Baby, The Shining, Halloween, Suspiria, The Wicker Man, An American Wealth in London, and Eyes Without a Face.

trebor8273 27th September 2016 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 506636)
I don't have any specific films in mind for the month, but it's good to see the evenings being dark at about 7 o'clock, so that will definitely help with the atmosphere for when I inevitably watch such genre favourites as The Exorcist, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Rosemary's Baby, The Shining, Halloween, Suspiria, The Wicker Man, An American Wealth in London, and Eyes Without a Face.

Agree with darkness adding to the atmosphere, find it harder to watch horrors in the summer months because of the !longer days. Also have no idea what films I will be watching I'll just watch what takes my fancy on the night.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th September 2016 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 506636)
An American Wealth in London

:D

Looking forward to hearing about that one!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th September 2016 07:56 PM

I'm another who doesn't have a strict strategy or plan for the upcoming month's viewings. I've just added a shit-tonne of horror stuff to my Love Film rental list though.

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th September 2016 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 506642)
I'm another who doesn't have a strict strategy or plan for the upcoming month's viewings. I've just added a shit-tonne of horror stuff to my Love Film rental list though.

Just wait until Arthouse April...you'll be able to watch films you actually own for a change. :tongue1: