Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd October 2019 03:33 PM

October 1st.

1 Attachment(s)
Halloween Resurrection (2002)

Set three years after the events of Halloween H20. Laurie Strode is in a psychiatric hospital with Michael Myers still on the loose. Although seen as a way to write out Jamie Lee Curtis from the rest of the film and any upcoming movies this opening fifteen minutes is actually the best part of Resurrection. Curtis does well with her few scenes and the final pay off is actually quite touching. The same cannot be said for the rest of the film as events move to Haddonfield, Illinois, and we focus on a group of college students who are to star in an online reality show where they spend the night in Michael Myers childhood home. Unfortunately for them it is the night he comes home.

And so this is where it all begins to unravel and we soon realize this isn't really a Halloween / Michael Myers film after all but a bog standard slasher movie attempting to draw viewers in by using the craze of reality tv as a selling point. Myers adds nothing to proceedings and at times it feels like the Busta Rhymes show. Yes Busta Rhymes the rap star, but from this evidence definitely not Busta Rhymes the actor. Perhaps i'm doing him a disservice here as the script does Rhymes no favours whatsoever, and it's certainly not a prejudice against US rap singers as i thought LL Cool J came over pretty decent in previous film Halloween H20. The rest of the cast, including soon to be Starbuck Katee Sackhoff, Sean Patrick Thomas, Thomas Ian Nicholas and Tyra Banks, unfortunately fair no better although Sackhoff's decapitated head bouncing down the stairs adds amusement value.

Another annoying factor is Resurrection completely ignores anything that happened in films 4,5, and 6, thus effectively making them non-canon. It's difficult to say why producer Moustapha Akkad would do this as they were all his films as well and each one of them a far better proposition than this extremely disappointing effort.

Now the ridiculous thing is, especially having said all that, is i watch Halloween: Resurrection every single October 1st to kick off my October / Halloween Horror Marathon, so i must enjoy the film despite it's obvious and numerous flaws.

trebor8273 2nd October 2019 06:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gArYSHXzMFk

After their boat has and accident a man and his girl friend set out to get help from a village they spot on the horizon, once they arrive they soon find that the village and the people in it are a little fishy! Enjoyable and some what creepy and at times the people of the village are what you would expect from how the townspeople of innsmouth are described by Lovecraft. But I really couldn't give a flying monkey about the people on the boat. The so called lead was a damp squid. 7/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtwvuVTisFo

A passenger liner is struck by a mysterious vessel that's been following it, seven people survive the disaster and after some time adrift at sea come across an abandoned ship , which unluckily for them is the same one that sank them,it's also possessed/ haunted and has a very negative effect on the captain. While not gory or scary it's highly atmospheric and is help by the great cast. 8/10

Now watching
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzbEfsCNpis

bleakshaun 2nd October 2019 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Fog
A small coastal town is beseeched with strange goings on on the 100th anniversary of its founding. The local priest finds his grandfathers journal and discovers that he was involved in a plot to prevent a leper colony opposite the town.
John Carpenter's classic horror flick is still fantastic to watch, it's been years since I watched it and it absolutely is still a great horror film for me.Attachment 219552

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

trebor8273 2nd October 2019 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 612347)
The Fog
A small coastal town is beseeched with strange goings on on the 100th anniversary of its founding. The local priest finds his grandfathers journal and discovers that he was involved in a plot to prevent a leper colony opposite the town.
John Carpenter's classic horror flick is still fantastic to watch, it's been years since I watched it and it absolutely is still a great horror film for me.Attachment 219552

Was going to watch it tonight but went for planet of the vampires. The fog is a regular for October marathon now, easily one of Carpenter's best. Just oozes atmosphere.

MrBarlow 2nd October 2019 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sweeney Todd: The Demon barber of Fleet Street. 1936.

A barber tells the story of a notorious barber who murdered his clients for their money.

Todd Slaughter has always creeped me out with his portrayal of Sweeney Todd, he had the menacing face expressions of being a gentleman and killer. Filmed in and around London, nowadays it seems outdated but back in the 30s this was a modern day horror drama. Stella Rho plays the baker Mrs Lovatt that makes the big penny pies seems to enjoy the wealth but slowly has a heart. Johnny Singer plays the role of the new apprentice Tobias. It's still a classic to watch from time to time.

Nordicdusk 2nd October 2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 612347)
The Fog

The Fog is always a must and it seems to get better with every watch and as Treb said its overflowing with atmosphere all tied together with an amazing soundtrack

Heisenberg 2nd October 2019 07:33 PM

Choose My Bloody Valentine (the original 1981 version) for this evening. Was originally going to watch Hatchet but cannot find the dvd.
Just a good old fashioned slasher flick about a miner who, years ago is trapped underground (with several others) following an explosion. He ends up being the only survivor and goes on a bit of a killing spree. This is set a couple of decades after this tragedy when the 'killer miner' turns up at the town again.
Sorry, trying to keep it vague in case no one has seen it.

Also seen The Fog mentioned above so will have to find a blu-ray of that to order and hopefully get here before the month is up.

Nordicdusk 2nd October 2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heisenberg (Post 612358)
Choose My Bloody Valentine (the original 1981 version) for this evening. Was originally going to watch Hatchet but cannot find the dvd.
Just a good old fashioned slasher flick about a miner who, years ago is trapped underground (with several others) following an explosion. He ends up being the only survivor and goes on a bit of a killing spree. This is set a couple of decades after this tragedy when the 'killer miner' turns up at the town again.
Sorry, trying to keep it vague in case no one has seen it.

Also seen The Fog mentioned above so will have to find a blu-ray of that to order and hopefully get here before the month is up.

The new Studiocanal release of the Fog is great and pretty cheap. The UHD version is fantastic but a little more pricey.

nosferatu42 2nd October 2019 07:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I only saw 'My Bloody Valentine' a few years back and really enjoyed it, have you got the American version with some cut gore reinserted?
I thought it spiced the film up a bit although the picture quality drops in these scenes.
I don't know if the U.K one has these scenes or not.:confused:

Attachment 219554

I'm not the biggest slasher fan but i would recommend Rosemary's Killer/The Prowler if you haven't seen it, it's one of my favourites of the genre and has some great bloody effects by Savini.:cool:

Attachment 219555

Friday the 13th part 4 - The final chapter is my other favourite.:pop2:

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd October 2019 07:53 PM

The UK dvd of My Bloody Valentine is not worth buying.

Justin101 2nd October 2019 07:57 PM

Arachnophobia (1990)

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...0d38a7dde.jpeg

Veering from my list already by day 2 :lol: I watched this 1990 'PG Horror' which I've not seen since I went to the cinema as a 13 year old, and scared the pants off myself!

Tonally a bit all over the place for the first 2 acts but actually scary for the final 30 minutes when the spiders start killing everyone in sight! I was literally sat on the edge of my bed and I felt them crawling all over me. I'm going to continue the horror now with episode one of The Apprentice on BBC1 :lol:

Heisenberg 2nd October 2019 08:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the UK version, i will have to get hold of the 'uncensored' version, as i did enjoy it.
Thanks for the recommendation of Rosemary's Killer, have just ordered it (and The Fog Studio Canal blu-ray).

Attachment 219556

MrBarlow 2nd October 2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 612362)
Arachnophobia (1990)

Veering from my list already by day 2 :lol: I watched this 1990 'PG Horror' which I've not seen since I went to the cinema as a 13 year old, and scared the pants off myself!

Tonally a bit all over the place for the first 2 acts but actually scary for the final 30 minutes when the spiders start killing everyone in sight! I was literally sat on the edge of my bed and I felt them crawling all over me. I'm going to continue the horror now with episode one of The Apprentice on BBC1 :lol:

When you need to go to the toilet keep an eye on your aim and the sink :pound::behindsofa:

bleakshaun 2nd October 2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Arachnophobia (1990)

Veering from my list already by day 2 [emoji38] I watched this 1990 'PG Horror' which I've not seen since I went to the cinema as a 13 year old, and scared the pants off myself!

Tonally a bit all over the place for the first 2 acts but actually scary for the final 30 minutes when the spiders start killing everyone in sight! I was literally sat on the edge of my bed and I felt them crawling all over me. I'm going to continue the horror now with episode one of The Apprentice on BBC1 [emoji38]

You and me both [emoji23] but that's for the what TV have you seen thread

Deadite 2nd October 2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Arachnophobia (1990)

Now you've done it! You've made me change my list on day 2 as well.

Going to watch Eight Legged Freaks and will tackle the rest another day.

trebor8273 2nd October 2019 08:33 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzbEfsCNpis

A spacecraft picks up a distress signal , the ship arrives at the planet and things soon turn weird , people do things they have no recognition of and even worse the dead appear to becoming back to life with murderous intent. Can see that this movie must of had some type of influence on alien, with the large alien skeletons and other things. 7/10

Also deviated my list already .

Now watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ickbVzajrk0

Nordicdusk 2nd October 2019 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 2

Attachment 219557

Ben and his wife cant believe their luck when they find an old victorian house with ridiculously low rent. Ben's wife Marian instantly falls in love with the place and not even the very strange owners or the strange request they have for the couple which they must agree to before they can rent the place can change her mind. The couple push ahead and agree to all the terms and conditions and they quickly return with all their stuff to move in along with their son Davey and Ben's aunt Elizabeth. It only takes a day or so before it is quite obvious to Ben why the rent was so cheap after he flies into a rage out of nowhere and almost drowns his son while messing around in the pool. Marian is becoming more and more obsessed with the house or is the house becoming obsessed with her.

I was hoping for a lot more from this first off it doesn't create any type of atmosphere the house is not creepy or unnerving in anyway. I found Karen Black to be pretty bland for most of the film and the son was just a pain in the backside. The only stand out here is the always fantastic Oliver Reed i could watch him doing anything and be entertaining and find it interesting he is watch keeps this film ticking over. I usually like a slow burn film as long as there is an atmosphere or some tension but the whole way through i felt there was nothing going to happen it never felt like it was building up to anything and at almost 2 hours runtime it really does drag on and on this really could of been over in 70 minutes but it really did out stay its welcome.

4/10

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd October 2019 09:19 PM

I've decided on an A-Z list for the Halloween season where I'll attempt to watch a film from each letter of the alphabet every night, with the remaining days to be filled with the usual favourites (notably: The Crow, Sleepy Hollow, Trick 'r Treat and Carpenter's Halloween).

Last night was Alice Sweet Alice and tonight was Bloody Sect (Secta siniestra). I'm not really sure which 'C' film I'll watch tomorrow and will just grab something that I fancy as I go along... at least limiting it to a letter a night should make choosing a film a lot easier! :skull:

MrBarlow 2nd October 2019 09:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Howling VI:The Freaks.1991. (Hope Perello)

A drifter arrives in a small town hiding a secret, soon after a carnival owner arrives with his troupee of sideshow freaks.

Think this was a cash in on the franchise with stupid goblin like make up for Harker played by Bruce Payne (Passenger 57), Ian Richards (Brendan Hughes, Outland) make up is good but not as great as the original. This can drag on in some bits and the plot being a bit thin, not sure if I like or hate it :lol: first film to be watched by a female director on the list.

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd October 2019 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 612370)
30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 2

Attachment 219557

Ben and his wife cant believe their luck when they find an old victorian house with ridiculously low rent. Ben's wife Marian instantly falls in love with the place and not even the very strange owners or the strange request they have for the couple which they must agree to before they can rent the place can change her mind. The couple push ahead and agree to all the terms and conditions and they quickly return with all their stuff to move in along with their son Davey and Ben's aunt Elizabeth. It only takes a day or so before it is quite obvious to Ben why the rent was so cheap after he flies into a rage out of nowhere and almost drowns his son while messing around in the pool. Marian is becoming more and more obsessed with the house or is the house becoming obsessed with her.

I was hoping for a lot more from this first off it doesn't create any type of atmosphere the house is not creepy or unnerving in anyway. I found Karen Black to be pretty bland for most of the film and the son was just a pain in the backside. The only stand out here is the always fantastic Oliver Reed i could watch him doing anything and be entertaining and find it interesting he is watch keeps this film ticking over. I usually like a slow burn film as long as there is an atmosphere or some tension but the whole way through i felt there was nothing going to happen it never felt like it was building up to anything and at almost 2 hours runtime it really does drag on and on this really could of been over in 70 minutes but it really did out stay its welcome.

4/10

I like Burnt Offerings. Granted it's perhaps a bit too long but i love the atmosphere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 612373)
Howling VI:The Freaks.1991. (Hope Perello)

A drifter arrives in a small town hiding a secret, soon after a carnival owner arrives with his troupee of sideshow freaks.

Think this was a cash in on the franchise with stupid goblin like make up for Harker played by Bruce Payne (Passenger 57), Ian Richards (Brendan Hughes, Outland) make up is good but not as great as the original. This can drag on in some bits and the plot being a bit thin, not sure if I like or hate it :lol: first film to be watched by a female director on the list.

Another film i quite like. Decent fun with a simple but effective storyline that always pulls me in.

Deadite 2nd October 2019 10:30 PM

Kari Wuhrer and David Arquette star in Eight Legged Freaks, where a freaky guy's freaky spider collection gets super-sized by some industrial waste - as it does. What follows is a fun comedy-horror where a small town gets overrun by said creepy-crawlies. Scarlett Johanson appears in an early role as the daughter of Wuhrer's sheriff. The standout scene is where the dirt-bikers are trying to get away from a bunch of jumping spiders and they mirror each other as they make their way through a dirt-bike course, as bike jumps are followed by spider jumps. Although not gory, it does have some rather callous endings for multiple folk and of course, if you are arachnophobic, i suggest a pass, otherwise a solid 6/10.

MuckyFunster 2nd October 2019 10:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Day one - Eerie
Attachment 219559
Filipino ghost story set in an all girls school run by nuns. Spooky nuns and creepy kids. What more could you need? Available on Netflix.

Day two - Errementari
Attachment 219560
Really awesome Basque language folk horror. I’d HIGHLY recommend this one to anyone. Also available on Netflix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrBarlow 2nd October 2019 11:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Amsterdamned 1988. (Netherlands).

A detective is on the trail of a killer who is using the canals of Amsterdam as his play ground.

Decent thriller/horror film from Dick Maas (Der Lift) with Huub Stapel (Der Lift and Sint) as the tough detective Eric Vissel. The acting may not be the best but does have good stunts involving car chases and speedboats and great cinematography work over the area. The plot might be a bit hasty until the killer's motive is finalised and put into place. TBH Amsterdam is a great place to visit especially their cafe's with great chocolate cakes.:behindsofa:

MrBarlow 3rd October 2019 02:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Witchery 1988.

When a group of people become stranded on a island they take shelter in a crumbled old house In which a couple want to buy, unaware a witch lives there intending on closing the three doors to hell with sacrafices.

Thank you Filmirage for bringing this cheesy ass horror film that no great acting can save, David Hasslehoff was great in Knightrider but put him in a horror and laugh till you get the hiccups. Linda Blair stars alongside as a pregnant woman who seems to have what the witch desires. The plot was decent but acting, visual effects and gore were a bit naff. It was a choice of this or another film I had as a low rated 80s horror....glad I flipped a coin :lol:

Nordicdusk 3rd October 2019 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 612375)
I like Burnt Offerings. Granted it's perhaps a bit too long but i love the atmosphere.

Another film i quite like. Decent fun with a simple but effective storyline that always pulls me in.

Atmosphere is something i associate with films like this but unfortunately i just didn't feel it and i feel that the house in such a film should be almost a character itself but they didn't capture that. Or maybe i expected too much and further down the line when i watch it again ill enjoy it more.

Dave Boy 3rd October 2019 08:27 AM

5.THE MONSTER AND THE GIRL (1941)
When a man is framed for a murder and sentenced to death, a scientist transfers his brain in to a gorilla. The gorilla seeks out those who framed him and crushes them to death. Excellent emotional performance by gorilla suit man Charles Gamora.

6.I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE (1943)
Terrific atmospheric classic from Val Lewton.
The walk through the sugar canes at night is a horror highlight.

7.RACE WITH THE DEVIL (1975)
After witnessing a sacrifice of a girl, two couples on holiday in a RV are pursued by Satanists.
A favourite of mine after first seeing this on the BBC2 double bills.

8.FRIDAY THE 13TH THE FINAL CHAPTER (1984)
What was going to be the end of the Jason saga.
Tom Savini back as special effects supervisor and make up effects.
"Hey Ted, where's the corkscrew"?

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd October 2019 03:23 PM

October 2nd

1 Attachment(s)
Hell Night (1981)

Linda Blair stars in this high school slasher which due to the period clothes worn - thanks to it being initiation rites hi-jinks - and creepy old house comes across more like a classic Gothic chiller than it does slasher.

Even though lovely Linda at times seems like she's acting in a different movie this is still a lot of fun. Think more on the lines of Whale's The Old Dark House rather than Prom Night and you won't go wrong.

However those who notice the name of producer Irwin Yablans and hope this might be a genre defining classic along side his genre defining classic from 1978 - Halloween - may be left disappointed.

Nordicdusk 3rd October 2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 612416)
Hell Night (1981)

Linda Blair stars in this high school slasher which due to the period clothes worn - thanks to it being initiation rites hi-jinks - and creepy old house comes across more like a classic Gothic chiller than it does slasher.

Even though lovely Linda at times seems like she's acting in a different movie this is still a lot of fun. Think more on the lines of Whale's The Old Dark House rather than Prom Night and you won't go wrong.

However those who notice the name of producer Irwin Yablans and hope this might be a genre defining classic along side his genre defining classic from 1978 - Halloween - may be left disappointed.

I really really like this one too. :clap:

Nordicdusk 3rd October 2019 04:08 PM

A bit of a dilemma that occurs most Halloween's is when it falls on a weekday and i have to work so a proper marathon is not really an option when i don't get home until after 6 i love when its a weekend so i can spend the day and into the early hours of the next day just watching films just doesn't feel the same doing it the Saturday before it. It also shortens the Halloween night list and makes it more difficult what classics or favourites to choose.

Justin101 3rd October 2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 612416)
Hell Night (1981)

What DVD have you got? I bought the Odyssey DVD version from music magpie a while ago and haven't got around to watching it yet. I might add it onto my pile.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd October 2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 612421)
What DVD have you got? I bought the Odyssey DVD version from music magpie a while ago and haven't got around to watching it yet. I might add it onto my pile.

Prism Leisure.

Widescreen print plus commentary from Linda Blair and the director.

Justin101 3rd October 2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 612425)
Prism Leisure.

Widescreen print plus commentary from Linda Blair and the director.

It sounds like it's a same disc on a different label :) I might watch it later, fancied seeing it for a while.

trebor8273 3rd October 2019 07:24 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvQGWDh9ybQ

A man investigates when his ex wife disappears , going to the town she said she came from, he is bewildered to find out the townsfolk have never heard of her. Things soon take a sinister turn when we found out the townsfolk are aliens ,the man managers to escape but they come hunting for him when he informs a tabloid of what happened. A homage to the alien invasion movies of the 50s. 6.8/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_srx6WPejXs
When a young couple are killed in an accident ,they have trouble adjusting to the afterlife, especially when obnoxious family movie into their home, after there pathetic attempts to haunt them fail, they make the unwise choice to seek help from bio exorcist Beetlejuice. Funny and enjoyable with a great cast of characters. 9.5/10

Now watching
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK0LNzU2TQI

MrBarlow 3rd October 2019 07:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Guardpost 2008 (Korea).

South Korea, soldiers storm the guardpost only to find one survivor. Seargeant-major Noh is tasked to go in with a team and have 7 hours to find out what happened and clear out before it's covered up by the military. When only 19 bodies are found and one survivor in a coma, what happened to body number 21.

Originally was going to watch Ghost Game but changed to this film, this was a decent flick, good acting from Ho-Jin Chun ( I saw the devil) as the MP investigator sent to find out about G.P. 506. I was expecting it to be a supernatural ghost film like Death Watch but when it came to the outcome it was interesting how it changed and told in some flash backs sequences. It delivers a great direction and some good dark atmosphere, it may be a bit slow but does build up the tension in the long run. Recommended to fans of Asian Cinema.:pop2:

Heisenberg 3rd October 2019 07:51 PM

Tonight's viewing was Savageland. One of the millions of 'found footage/mockumentary' type films. It is on Amazon Prime, here is the synopsis, sorry if i seem vague, just try not to post potential spoilers should anyone else who has not seen it and is a fan of the genre fancies watching :

When a small town near the Arizona-Mexico border is wiped out overnight, suspicion falls on the lone survivor. But a roll of photos the survivor took that night tells a different story.

It's not a very long film, and even then it seemed to drag at times however saying that, i actually enjoyed it and has the potential for a re-watch some time in the future.

On a side note, really enjoying reading through this thread, giving so many suggestions of films that i've missed over the years.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 3rd October 2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 612378)
Day two - Errementari
Attachment 219560
Really awesome Basque language folk horror. I’d HIGHLY recommend this one to anyone. Also available on Netflix.

Sounds interesting, Mucky. I'll aim to make it my 'E' choice in a couple of days.

I went for Carnival of Souls as my 'C' choice. A classic and a personal fave... it was a prime excuse to finally check out the Criterion BD that has been sitting on my shelf for the past few months.

Deadite 3rd October 2019 08:04 PM

Just got back home after spending the day at hospital with my old dear, so my October schemes are on hold for the moment. I'll see what spare time i have in few days and try to catch up if i can. Absolutely knackered. Whiskey and noodles for dinner.

Nordicdusk 3rd October 2019 08:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
30 Day Of Unseen Horror

Day 3

Attachment 219578

Lord Alan Cunningham is a millionaire who on the outside looks like he has everything fast cars fast women a castle in the countryside and money to burn. But on the inside Lord Cunningham is suffering after the death of his wife and the only woman he ever loved Evelyn but not only has be lost his love but she was having an affair before she died totally devastating him. Trying to fill the gap left behind by Evelyn Alan cruises through clubs and bars looking for redheads and taking them back to his house where he tortures them kills them in a sort of sexual ritual almost like he is sacrificing them to the memory of Evelyn. Alans doctor advises him to remarry hoping that a new love interest will get him over his wife and stop his mental breakdown totally destroying him but is this good advice or should his doctor stick to medical advice rather than becoming a matchmaker.

The Night Evelyn Came Out Of The Grave is a beautiful film for many reasons first off the music is fantastic its very soothing creating that dreamlike feel to many of the scenes. The imagery of the castle gives a feeling of worlds colliding with the first few rooms derelict broken dirty filled with cobwebs and just down right neglected where the next room is chic filled with fur throws bright colours comfortable furniture and closets filled with the latest ladies fashions while the next room looks like an S&M torture chamber filled with whips knives and devices of torture but it has an erotic quality to it. It many of the scenes there is a beautiful use of light and colour with reds not only lighting up the room but adding colour and bringing attention to cobwebs almost reminding you that with all the beauty going on around you there is still a more sinister side to all the frollicing and half naked beautiful woman on the screen and so on to the next reason there are many beautiful woman in this film and i have watched porn with less naked flesh and breasts than this film even when walking through the garden or fixing breakfast only nipples seem cover by thin pieces of cloth but it never felt smutty or out of place it just worked perfectly with the mood and setting of the film.

Throughout the journey of this film we meet plenty of characters of which you get the feeling are not totally on the level and you can feel they all have an agenda but figuring it out is another thing and that enhances the film even more having so many slimey characters but none of them seemed unlikeable not even Alan for all the torture and murder he has committed you can almost relate to his heart break from what he has experienced.

I loved this film and i know i have used the word beautiful maybe too many times here but its a word that describes The Night Evelyn Came Out Of The Grave perfectly for me.

If you have not seen this before sort it out now and if you have then bloody watch it again soon :lol:

9/10

Nordicdusk 3rd October 2019 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadite (Post 612449)
Just got back home after spending the day at hospital with my old dear, so my October schemes are on hold for the moment. I'll see what spare time i have in few days and try to catch up if i can. Absolutely knackered. Whiskey and noodles for dinner.

Hope everything is ok.

trebor8273 3rd October 2019 09:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK0LNzU2TQI&t=5s

It's more enjoyable than the reviews and naysayers would have you believe , we have a few changes from the book / film most notable who gets buried in the pet cemetery the only thing that really lets it down is the ending. The usual good performance from Lithgow as Jud. 7/10

Now watching
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHt58hJKfkg