Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

platostotal 17th October 2016 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 508587)
We are now getting towards the business end of the month as far as Halloween viewing goes. :devilbanana:

Damn right we are.... as in tonight's ABUKtober's late night flick (quite a while since I spun this too) the cuts don't really bother me here, just so nice to finally get my hands on a film I read so much about back in the day.

http://i67.tinypic.com/95wzux.jpg

Nordicdusk 17th October 2016 06:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Film No.14

Attachment 183650

Arletty has not seen her father for many years and her only communication with him is regular letters she has received over the years. Over the past few weeks his letters are getting stranger and stranger until the suddenly stop completely. Overcome with worry for his wellbeing Arletty heads to Point Dune on the Californian Coast where her father lives. When she arrives at his apartment she finds it empty the only trace of her father is a diary in which he tells her to never come looking for him no matter what happens. Arletty heads out into the small town asking about her father but people act very weird towards her with many denying any knowledge of the man at all. On her travels she meets a homeless man who warns her of the blood moon and the dark strangers that came to the town which was never the same again from that day but as if that was not disturbing enough he tells her that her father is actually one of the dark strangers now and she should leave.

Messiah Of Evil is one hell of a creepy film the setting the atmosphere the locals the music everything just comes together and works so damn well. Its hard to put into words the feeling i got from watching sort of felt like a dream and even Arletty narrating over the film makes it even more creepy hearing her losing her mind as you are going along on the journey with her. I just have one question how the hell have i not seen this film before now.

8/10

Nordicdusk 17th October 2016 07:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Film No.15

Attachment 183654

Mr Trelkovsky cannot believe his luck when a apartment in the centre of Paris becomes available to rent even when he learns that the previous tenant attempted suicide by jumping from the window. Trelkovsky feels compelled to go and visit the woman in hospital but when she dies he feels a strange connection to her even after only one meeting. Its not long until Trelkovsky is left feeling isolated and bullied in his apartment.The landlord enforces extremely strict rules upon him about staying out too late or making any sort of noise no matter how slight. Trelkovsky starts to feel like his neighbours are trying to force him to do the same as the previous tenant and his mental state starts to deteriorate at an alarming rate constantly seeing people standing in the bathroom used by all the other tenants in the apartment for hours on end not moving a muscle just staring out the window is this really happening or is this a sign of his mental health.

I feel a strange connection to this film i remember my first apartment it was a beautiful place right in the centre of town but the building had many strange characters in it. I was living on the top floor and for the first few weeks i lived there the lady living underneath me would come to my door almost every night to complain about the noise but each time i would open the door she would say oh it was not you im sorry before i would even say anything or she would even give herself a chance to give me her own complaint. Apartments were getting broken into because the building's front door was broken for a few weeks. Being a young man out on my own for the first time i had that same feeling of isolation and paranoia. The Tenant does a great job of getting into your mind and playing on the fears that everyone has experienced or will experience at some point in their lives. At times some of the scenes are stupid with some really annoying characters especially Trelkovsky friends but there is an uneasy feeling throughout.

7/10

trebor8273 17th October 2016 07:18 PM

Prison. 8/10

Creepy overlooked minor gem set in a prison (naturally) about some sort of entity that is releashed when a disused prison with a dark past is reopened. Some good gory kills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYTHIs1c8uo

Next up some Carpenter in the form of prince of darkness

Nordicdusk 17th October 2016 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Film No.16

Attachment 183656

Five of the worst most annoying actors ever go on a girls weekend to the country and everyone starts to die.

DO NOT WATCH this pile of shit. Im in physical pain after watching it the acting is some of the worst i have ever seen no reaction to losing fingers to frostbite one girl literally just pulls her finger off and she has no reaction. Dialogue like are you really going to smoke a cigarette at a time like this and after finding one dead body and one girl is vomiting she says how can you just look at that not not react her reply is " maybe im just numb " :lol: In one scene they try to run from a bear which was obviously stock footage from a nature program and the bear was a cub not an adult even the bears roars were dubbed in to make it sound more fearsome :lol:

One of the worst films i have ever seen.

0/10

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th October 2016 07:30 PM

I tend to watch them in double bills.All blus where possible....
My horror marathon has consisted of so far.....

GRIZZLY
ALIENS

EXORCIST 2
THEM!

CARRIE
THE DEAD ZONE

THE CHANGELING
TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE

THE WICKER MAN
DON'T LOOK NOW

THE HILLS HAVE EYES
SCREAM

CARRIE
THE SHINING

PSYCHOMANIA
BLOODBATH AT THE HOUSE OF DEATH

IT
SALEM'S LOT

HALLOWEEN 3
INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS (SIEGEL)

CHOPPING MALL
BLOOD DINER

SLUGS
SQUIRM

ZOMBIE LAKE
OASIS OF THE ZOMBIES

EYES OF A STRANGER
DEADLY FRIEND

TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD
COUNT DRACULA'S GREAT LOVE

THE BURNING
HORROR ON HIGHWAY 5

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoqxhvdAdns

MacBlayne 17th October 2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 508643)
I tend to watch them in double bills.All blus where possible....
My horror marathon has consisted of so far.....

GRIZZLY
ALIENS

EXORCIST 2
THEM!

CARRIE
THE DEAD ZONE

THE CHANGELING
TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE

THE WICKER MAN
DON'T LOOK NOW

THE HILLS HAVE EYES
SCREAM

CARRIE
THE SHINING

PSYCHOMANIA
BLOODBATH AT THE HOUSE OF DEATH

IT
SALEM'S LOT

HALLOWEEN 3
INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS (SIEGEL)

CHOPPING MALL
BLOOD DINER

SLUGS
SQUIRM

ZOMBIE LAKE
OASIS OF THE ZOMBIES

EYES OF A STRANGER
DEADLY FRIEND

TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD
COUNT DRACULA'S GREAT LOVE

THE BURNING
HORROR ON HIGHWAY 5

I'm curious - is there a thematic link between these films?

Nordicdusk 17th October 2016 08:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Film No.17

Attachment 183658

Its Halloween night and a babysitter is taking care of two kids while their parents are on a night out. After the kids have been out trick r treating they empty out all their candy on the floor to sort if out when a VHS tape falls out of the little boys bag. The two kids convince the babysitter to play the tape. The tape contains three stories with one common theme a freaky clown.

Short 1 about witches black mass sacrifice and satan.

Short 2 which was about aliens was not interesting and the alien looked terrible it was just a man in a suit not convincing.

Short 3 was about the clown that connects the three stories chasing a girl.

Out of the three stories the third was my favourite i really liked how it was shot and it was by far the most brutal with some great effects. Overall a fun film and the clown looks awesome and really creepy even better is that he is totally silent even when he laughs there is no sound great ending too.

7/10

Could of got a higher score if the second short was not so weak.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th October 2016 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 508649)
I'm curious - is there a thematic link between these films?

Apart from the King link and creepy crawlie Slugs double,no I don't think so.:)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th October 2016 08:49 PM

From a Whisper to a Scream (1987)

http://oblivion.a.ltrbxd.com/resized...g?k=fe94479974

Despite some TV-movie production values this fun little horror anthology starring Vincent Price, whilst a little ropey and disjointed at times, is also damn entertaining.

If you're up for imbibing some Southern Gothic atmosphere complete with tales of deranged love, voodoo, carnivals, and the Civil War; exploring themes of necrophilia, incest and glass eating; and complete with lots of gory '80s practical effects then this one is definitely worth checking out. One question remained as the credits rolled: why hadn't I watched it sooner?

71/100