Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd October 2014, 09:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default October Horror Movie Marathon

So every year during the month of October I watch at least one horror film a night up until Halloween night where I watch as many as I possibly can. Anyone else doing this? I'll try and respond each day with what I've watched the night before, maybe with a few words? Most of these I've seen before so I'm just reaffirming my love for them.

1st. Evilspeak
Fun, if not a little uneven, film made during the height of the "satanic panic" craze of the 80's

2nd. Don't Go In The House
I love this sleazy little film so much. It uses a simple theme but does it so well. Plus it has disco!
Old 4th October 2014, 09:31 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Whilst I'm not really planning on a straight up marathon this year, I have been watching a fair bit of horror themed stuff so far this month; mainly supporting my Nightmare USA viewing project. I have been/will be splicing a few other titles into the mix too though.
Old 4th October 2014, 09:47 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I do this at another forum, this'll be the third year now. I genuinely look forward to it all year round, picking out what to save for it. This is the schedule for this year:

The People Under The Stairs | Bloody Homecoming | Don’t Go To The Reunion | The Night Of The Hunter | House On Straw Hill | Savage Water | Death By Invitation | The Initiation Of Sarah | Are You In The House Alone? | Night Train To Terror | Nosferatu | Curse Of Chucky | What’s The Matter With Helen? | The Vagrant | The Godsend | The Outing | The Fury | Spirits Of The Dead | Dolls | Varsity Blood | Rites Of Spring | Night Of The Comet | Night Of The Creeps | Dead Of Night | Body Bags | Das Cabinet Des Dr. Caligari | Prince Of Darkness | Nightmare | Butcher, Baker, Nightmare Maker | Creepshow | Halloween | Halloween II | Halloween H20 | Trick Or Treat

Although I've never quite stuck to my schedules yet. There's always something that drops through the door I want to watch asap, and I always put something fun on like Hocus Pocus early on, on a Halloween night. Thinking about The Monster Squad this year.
Old 4th October 2014, 10:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I always watch Triumph Of The Will.

Now that's scary...

Seriously, this year I may try and watch something on the 31st, as I usually either forget/have something on/can't be arsed.

After all every day can be Halloween if you put your mind to it.......

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th October 2014, 12:40 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
It is for me in many respects where film watching is concerned.

Ministry also share this sentiment.

Old 4th October 2014, 04:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Some nice titles there BAKA. I didn't even think of The Night Of The Hunter but I'm going to add it to my schedule.

3rd. The Prowler

I've always had an affinity for this particularly gruesome and mean spirited slasher film. Definitely a high point for Savini. Watched the blu-ray by Blue Underground which looks wonderful to my eyes.
Old 4th October 2014, 10:09 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
I always watch Triumph Of The Will.

Now that's scary...

Seriously, this year I may try and watch something on the 31st, as I usually either forget/have something on/can't be arsed.

Totally agree, my house is covered in horror/occult/witchy shit all year round.
Old 5th October 2014, 09:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

4th. C.H.U.D.

For me, this is the perfect 80's "creature feature". You have a decent cast, good makeup effects, a ridiculous government conspiracy plot and a pre-gentrified NYC setting. I even enjoy the sequel. I'm looking forward to the day this gets a blu-ray release.
Old 5th October 2014, 09:45 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

My viewing so far has been.

1st - Hallowed Ground
2nd - Happy Hell Night
3rd - Corridors of Blood
4th - Madison County
Old 6th October 2014, 06:14 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

What did you think of Happy Hell Night Demdike? I haven't seen it in years and remember being indifferent towards it. I need to revisit it soon.

5th. Tourist Trap

What a brilliantly mad and zany film with genuinely creepy moments. Chuck Connors really shines in this one. Perfect drive-in film.

Like this? Share it using the links below!