Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd October 2015, 09:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished the Omen and the ending when he turns around and smiles still gives me the chills after all these years
MacBlayne and Graeme73 like this.
Old 22nd October 2015, 09:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Finished the Omen and the ending when he turns around and smiles still gives me the chills after all these years
It's such a beautifully shot film as well. Did you ever listen to Richard Donner and Stuart Baird's commentary. It's a funny recollection of the mishaps that happened during production, such as the time Donner found himself fighting off wild baboons with a broomstick.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 23rd October 2015, 07:51 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Updated viewing:

Old 23rd October 2015, 08:19 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Old 23rd October 2015, 08:25 AM
Cult Veteran

Final Destination 5 for me last night as I needed another franchise horror for my checklist. By far the worst in the series, the deaths are gruesome though and most of them made me wince. The first 30 minutes and the last 10 minutes were enjoyable but the middle 45 was just dull dull dull!

Updated list for the month, 25 down 6 more to go, I need to watch a Tobe Hooper film, another Wes Craven and one more made before 1970 to complete the challenge!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 23rd October 2015, 08:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Final Destination 5 for me last night as I needed another franchise horror for my checklist. By far the worst in the series, the deaths are gruesome though and most of them made me wince. The first 30 minutes and the last 10 minutes were enjoyable but the middle 45 was just dull dull dull!
I actually thought Final Destination 5 was an improvement over the fourth one. Although, I may not be qualified to make a statement on the series. I love them all. It's one of the few modern horror series that takes a delightful approach in death and destruction, and it doesn't go for the "you should be ashamed to be watching this" moral cop-out.

In case you're wondering, I find the second film to be the best.
Old 23rd October 2015, 08:39 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
I actually thought Final Destination 5 was an improvement over the fourth one. Although, I may not be qualified to make a statement on the series. I love them all. It's one of the few modern horror series that takes a delightful approach in death and destruction, and it doesn't go for the "you should be ashamed to be watching this" moral cop-out.

In case you're wondering, I find the second film to be the best.
It's 3 for me! I actually enjoyed 4 though haha, I like them all but 5 is the worst!

The best thing 5 had though was that building up to the death the scenes it keeps leading you up the garden path and you're putting the pieces together to invent this really extravagant death but then it turns out to be something a bit more straight forward. I thought that was clever. What I didn't think was clever was the whole 'these are the rules' (again...) and the guy who's girlfriend was the gymnast going off the rails and becoming the 'big bad' for the last 20-25 minutes.
MacBlayne and trebor8273 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 23rd October 2015, 08:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It's 3 for me! I actually enjoyed 4 though haha, I like them all but 5 is the worst!

The best thing 5 had though was that building up to the death the scenes it keeps leading you up the garden path and you're putting the pieces together to invent this really extravagant death but then it turns out to be something a bit more straight forward. I thought that was clever. What I didn't think was clever was the whole 'these are the rules' (again...) and the guy who's girlfriend was the gymnast going off the rails and becoming the 'big bad' for the last 20-25 minutes.
I did think the finale was rushed, but I assume the filmmakers were determined to stay around a 90 minute runtime. Which, if so, I have to applaud.

I loved the scene in the gymnasium. Quite possibly the best scene in the series.

And as for the final two minutes -
Justin101 and Graeme73 like this.
Old 23rd October 2015, 12:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Halloween viewing up to date.

Halloween Resurrection
The Unnamable
Cat People (1982)
The Reaper
Doomwatch
Burnt Offerings
Evil Dead Trap
Wild Zero
Willow Creek
Goodbye Gemini
Cry of the Banshee
Curse of the Crimson Alter
The Old Dark House
Murders in the Rue Morgue
Cave of the Living Dead
The Fog
The Dunwich Horror
Wrong Turn 5
Sleepy Hollow
The Virgin of Nuremberg
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
I Walked with a Zombie
Old 23rd October 2015, 12:37 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Mindflesh is currently pending dispatch from Love Film.

An actual horror film this time!

Like this? Share it using the links below!