Old 18th October 2016, 07:35 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Film No.18

Attachment 183687

A young Australian woman working as a nanny in Amsterdam is forced to go n the run when the family she is working for discovers she has lied about her identity and ring the cops. Jennifer jumps on a tourist bus with a small group of tourists to get out of Amsterdam unnoticed. A few miles out into the country on their windmill tour the bus breaks down and they are forced to take refuge in an abandoned windmill. Inside they find documents about a legend of the windmill where the miller that lived there was a devil worshipper who instead of grain his used human bones in the mill. It soon emerges that maybe these people didn't end up in the mill by accident they all have a dark secret from their past.

Quite an interesting and enjoyable supernatural slasher and the setting was something a little different. The acting is passable a few characters were better than others. The kills were entertaining and the gore effects were very well done. The killer reminded me a lot of the killer from Jeepers Creepers before his transformation but that does not take anything away from him he still looks pretty cool.

6/10
Just bought this. I was hoping for a better score than 6/10

That Something after Dark film you reviewed a while ago? is that worth buying? I can't remember. You said it was like an 80's film.
Old 18th October 2016, 08:09 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Just bought this. I was hoping for a better score than 6/10

That Something after Dark film you reviewed a while ago? is that worth buying? I can't remember. You said it was like an 80's film.
I thought it was really good just one or two little things put in there to try and make it even more 80s like someone doing a rubics cube and the film reel melting between scenes in the middle looked really stupid and forced but apart from that it's enjoyable.

As for the Windmill a little ropey cgi let it down so it got a 6 instead of a 7 but at tops its a 7 but like i said it was going along nicely all practical and then suddenly cgi popped up took the gloss off a little.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 18th October 2016, 08:10 PM
Cult Veteran

The local community cinema is showing Hausu on the Sunday before Halloween, I'm considering going to watch it, but since they'll just be projecting the DVD I might just stay at home and watch it on my own in bed

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 18th October 2016, 09:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
The local community cinema is showing Hausu on the Sunday before Halloween, I'm considering going to watch it, but since they'll just be projecting the DVD I might just stay at home and watch it on my own in bed
You have no idea how many of us that's an accurate description of...
Old 18th October 2016, 11:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
10/10 mate.

One of the best sequels ever.

Maybe I've set the bar on sequels too high, after watching Amityville 3D last week!

:-D
:-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19th October 2016, 12:08 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Blood Feast (1963)

Blood Feast (1963)

blood-feast.jpg

Even a massive H.G Lewis fan like myself would be hard pressed to say that Blood feast was the best horror film that has graced our screens,and out of all of his films in my humble opinion I think that 2000 Maniacs would be his most polished and probably his best film he ever made.Thats not to say the rest of his out put was any less entertaining,a lot of his movies have a dreamy nightmare quality you can only get from low budget features made in that hot and sweaty atmosphere you get in the basement of the grindhouse. Blood Feast does have the most ridiculous premise for a story,Fuad Ramses Egytian caterer,wants to resurrect an ancient goddess,in between slaughtering women for there body parts and catering for dinner parties. Who in the hell would hire Fuad Ramses to caterer for there party? he makes Heston Blumenthal look positively normal.Herschell Gordon Lewis movies have this kind of , off kilter feel to them,whether it be the low budget,or the locations or maybe just that period in time in which they were filmed,they seem like they exsist in an alternate universe,Wizard of Gore being a prime example. To really enjoy a Lewis movie,Please put your brain in a jar (for my friends you will not need it) before Fuad rips it out for his feast. All hail Ramses.RIP HG Lewis.

Old 19th October 2016, 09:08 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I know jarjar is horrifying but I don't think he makes phantom menece of horror film.
Nope.
TPM is a horrendous film,classifying it as a horror film.

TFA is one of the most traumatic films I've ever watched due to the shocking demise of a boyhood hero.Thus clasifying it as a horror film.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th October 2016, 12:10 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

The Suckling (1990)

A 'pro-life' film with a twist, as an attempted aborted fetus that has mutated thanks to toxic waste within the sewer system below the back-alley abortion clinic-come-brothel in which it was flushed, exacts its revenge on those above. The fetus grows at an accelerated rate thanks to the toxic ooze and is soon rampaging around mauling everyone in sight and entombing the building in slimy membrane preventing escape.

Goofy, gory, sleazy, ridiculous fun reigns.
Old 19th October 2016, 12:12 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
The Suckling (1990)

A 'pro-life' film with a twist, as an attempted aborted fetus that has mutated thanks to toxic waste within the sewer system below the back-alley abortion clinic-come-brothel in which it was flushed, exacts its revenge on those above. The fetus grows at an accelerated rate thanks to the toxic ooze and is soon rampaging around mauling everyone in sight and entombing the building in slimy membrane preventing escape.

Goofy, gory, sleazy, ridiculous fun reigns.
You've ceased giving scores you know.
Old 19th October 2016, 12:18 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
You've ceased giving scores you know.
Yeah - I was conscious that my scores may be putting people off from wanting to watch some of the films.

I did the same with my Nightmare USA reviews and it generated a bit more discussion on the film/review contents rather than the scores themselves, as even though I may appear to rate something 'low', I can still talk about some of the positives and may have enjoyed it to some degree.

Like this? Share it using the links below!