Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st October 2016, 06:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

Be afraid... very afraid, I'm off round my mate's for a V/H/S double bill, his wife is out so we will be 'in the right frame of mind' for it, he loves the first film, however they received a fair drubbing on here. When I recover I'll post my thoughts here.

Old 31st October 2016, 06:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Be afraid... very afraid, I'm off round my mate's for a V/H/S double bill, his wife is out so we will be 'in the right frame of mind' for it, he loves the first film, however they received a fair drubbing on here. When I recover I'll post my thoughts here.

I really like them both, especially the first one but they do seem to get a mixed reaction

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Old 31st October 2016, 06:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Tales of halloween . 6.2/10

As mentioned else where in this topic it suffers from to many story's it really should of been 5 or 6 at most, 90 minutes is not enough time for ten story's, which the quality varies widely, mostly being meh, a few dreadful ones and some good. Also it suffers from no rap around story even though it's supposed too all take place in the same town.

Last edited by trebor8273; 31st October 2016 at 06:39 PM.
Old 31st October 2016, 06:28 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post

I didn't love it nor hate those films – my reaction was more 'meh' than either of the extremes. I look forward to reading your thoughts.
Old 31st October 2016, 06:52 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I didn't love it nor hate those films – my reaction was more 'meh' than either of the extremes. I look forward to reading your thoughts.
Same.
Old 31st October 2016, 06:56 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Happy Halloween one and all!

It's been quite hectic here tonight - a lot of trick 'r treaters.

Now it's time for festive ale, munchies and some spooky music before Carpenter's Halloween later on this evening... I may even attempt to catch up on my reviews!
Old 31st October 2016, 07:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Thing (1982)

The Thing (1982).

Whenever I watch John Carpenter's The Thing,my mind always wanders,thinking the same questions,Im sure these question have been asked and answered before...
Where does the Thing come from? I had always imagined that it perhaps hopped around different planets infecting different species ,assimilating their bodies and taking some of their characteristics and combining it with every other alien life form they had come into contact with. So where had they been before they had crashed into the arctic all those many years ago.?? Whenever the Thing is interrupted imitating its host,there seems to be a theme in its shape,whether it's when it's imitating the dog's or when Norris transforms,we get a good idea that maybe its last host were giant spiders? Then again what about that flower shape with the teeth projecting from it? Perhaps they came across some sort of Triffid planet with giant man eating rose type heads.It's all very confusing stuff,and what about the stomach of Norris turning into a massive pair of teeth,I suppose this is all part of the theory that every molecule has its own defensive system,so what they bond together and turn into teeth and attack its prey? This is all conjecture on my part,I wish I had some knowledge about interplanetary biology,or even a bit of knowledge about anything would be good,but your mind wanders as it does.I also recently read that they filmed a happy ending (I wonder if its on the deleted scenes of the new blu ray I bought from Scream Factory),apparently MacReady gets rescued by a helicopter and as he is flown out they test his blood and he his human.As much as I love the ending to the film as it is,I kind of like this happy ending,we have followed the film through MacReady's eyes,he has been the viewers catalyst so it kind of makes sense that he represents us,and im thinking that not many would want to be assimalated by some sort of shape shifting monster,so the people’s champ is free of alien tampering and live’s to fight another day.,

Old 31st October 2016, 07:16 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Happy Halloween one and all!

It's been quite hectic here tonight - a lot of trick 'r treaters.

Now it's time for festive ale, munchies and some spooky music before Carpenter's Halloween later on this evening... I may even attempt to catch up on my reviews!
That's been my whole month so far.

I was out visiting people in Barnoldswick. I was told to check out an area and i'm glad i did. Everywhere decked out for Halloween. Grave stones, hundreds of pumpkins and parties galore. Everyone in fancy dress. Just amazing!!
Old 31st October 2016, 07:19 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Happy Samhain, one and all.
Old 31st October 2016, 07:36 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

The VVitch (2015)

Unending, looming, claustrophobic dread permeates The VVitch's every pore; it's very essence is to unsettle and cause unease, all of this occurring against a gloomy yet picturesque New England back-drop.

A methodical masterwork of modern cinema exploring paranoia, loss and superstition in tremulous colonial times with an underlying coming-of-age vein and streaks of historical relevance.

The VVitch has atmosphere in spades and has become an instant favourite.

Like this? Share it using the links below!