LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th October 2018, 06:30 PM
Cult Addict

Tonight's viewing is Tombs of the Blind Dead, back in a while

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Justin101 likes this.
Old 15th October 2018, 08:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Living Dead at The Manchester Morgue(1974).

Edna, played by Christina Galbo, ends up giving a lift to a trendy London antiques dealer, Ray Lovelock, after accidentally damaging his motorbike at a service station. Later they both end up as murder suspects when they get the blame for a series of horrific killings that are the work of the living dead.

Directed by Jorge Grau, this is an extremely effective and atmospheric Spanish/Italian horror film set in the English countryside. The locations are nice, the story intriguing, and the acting is pretty good as well despite the dubious dubbing.

Does take a while to get going, but its well worth the wait when the creepy looking zombies show up and start on the gut-munching, with some pretty decent gore effects from Giannetto de Rossi. And the scenes in the crypt and later at the hospital are superb.

Actor Arthur Kennedy also co-stars as a right wing fascist police inspector who has it in for Ray Lovelock because of his long hair and fashion sense.

Recommended 8/10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91BZWy4pfxL._SX342_.jpg (43.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 15th October 2018, 08:06 PM
Cult Addict

Tombs of the Blind Dead
Some friends go on holiday and one hops off the train. She comes across an old building, where she stays the Knight unwittingly she awakens Zombie Templar Knights who can only find their victims by sound. Now her other friends want to find her.
Still an eerie movie, and that soundtrack when the Knights appear still sends shivers down my spine. Still a great watch and excited to watch the sequels.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 15th October 2018, 09:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Been years since I watched Tombs of the Blind Dead, I wish someone would but it out on an affordable BD
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 15th October 2018, 09:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Been years since I watched Tombs of the Blind Dead, I wish someone would but it out on an affordable BD
Just not Shameless.
Rik likes this.
Old 15th October 2018, 10:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Just not Shameless.

God no, I’d be better off watching the crappy print on YouTube
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 15th October 2018, 11:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ghosthouse aka Ghostlight 2013.

A man wins a radio competition to get $50.000 all he has to do I spend 12 hours in a haunted theatre.

Yeah...ok...erm...this was on my list on Amazon and it should have stayed there or deleted, this was 86 minutes of my life gone, can someone please help me find that time, the film is dire, the acting was really bad, the owner must have been getting over from a severe kickto the balls to get a high pitch not so scary voice, the storyline seemed good but avoid
Old 16th October 2018, 07:42 AM
Cult Veteran

House on Haunted Hill (1959)

Another classic which I had not seen before. I started watching it on Shudder but it looked a bit weird and then I realised it was never filmed in colour it's been colourised! So I quickly had a look around and it was on Amazon Prime, in black and white and far better quality too.

Hmm, so this is not one of my favourite Vincent Price films. It has it's moments and some effective jump scares but it sags a little in the middle due to the melodrama. It gets it back for the final act though with a double twist that I didn't entirely see coming

I've never seen the millenial remake either, do you think I should give it a go?

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 16th October 2018, 10:17 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post

Another classic which I had not seen before. I started watching it on Shudder but it looked a bit weird and then I realised it was never filmed in colour it's been colourised! So I quickly had a look around and it was on Amazon Prime, in black and white and far better quality too.

Hmm, so this is not one of my favourite Vincent Price films. It has it's moments and some effective jump scares but it sags a little in the middle due to the melodrama. It gets it back for the final act though with a double twist that I didn't entirely see coming

I've never seen the millenial remake either, do you think I should give it a go?
no skip the remake and go for the tv show of the same name
Old 16th October 2018, 10:31 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post

Yes of course you should.

It's a well made film with a good cast. Both Geoffrey Rush and Famke Janssen are excellent as the scheming couple. It's got a larger budget obviously and has one or two nicely creepy scenes. It's far better than Jan De Bont's Haunting remake. I saw it at the cinema and really liked it and have watched it a couple of times since on dvd.

I quite like the sequel as well.

If you get it for free on Prime or something just watch it, not costing you anything.

Like this? Share it using the links below!