LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd October 2018, 08:41 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Saturday 20th Oct.

NIGHTMARE BEACH.
Brilliant fun.One's of my favourite Lenzi films.Looks more like an American slasher film than the usual Italian offerings.
Another great 88 release.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 22nd October 2018, 08:46 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Sunday 22nd Oct.
Day off.....marathon...

Eye of the Needle.Not a horror,but contains some good violence

SF's new scan of CREEPSHOW.BTW-Looks and sounds absolutely stunning!

As does Canal's new transfer of THE HOWLING.
(Hope they do a similar job on the Carpenter films!)

TRILOGY OF TERROR-Not a patch on Creepshow,but still a decent little anthology.
Btw that ridiculous artwork doesn't have a reversible cover......

THE BEAST WITHIN-A fave of mine since the days of VHS.
Excellent Southern atomosphere......

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 22nd October 2018, 09:15 PM
Cult Addict

Ghost Stories.

Professor Phillip Goodman has made it his life's work to disprove and debunk the supernatural. When he receives a file containing three cases that have continued to defy any rational explanation he finds himself starting to question his long held stance on the matter.
Brilliant portmanteau style brit horror that I absolutely loved and am looking forward to rewatching soon.
Old 22nd October 2018, 11:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Night Screams. 1987.

David, a popular high school footballer throws a party at his house, two escapees from an asylum decide to gate crash it what starts out fun soon ends in murder and fight for survival.

This was a bad slasher movie, but I had to laugh at the acting, I had this on VHS but never saw it to the end, found it online but think it really should stay hidden, this isn't a big budget film. Most slasher movies have plot to it but think I must have missed it at the end think that's what some cheesey 80s movies were about.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (10.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 23rd October 2018, 01:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The House Of Clocks. 1989

Three people brake into a house of an elderly couple, when they kill the couple all their clocks stop then rewind back.

This is one of Fulci's movies that's not good but not bad either, the plot of the film is good but the acting is a bit of a let down. What's surprising is this was a made for TV movie but was, released to cinema due to the violence of the movie. The music to it isn't that bad, it blends in well with atmospheric tone of the film, it's like Karma for the old couple but who do you feel sympathy for the trio of theives or the house owners. 5 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 220px-Houseofclocks.jpg (31.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 23rd October 2018, 03:37 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bad Taste 1987.

Small town Kaihoro, aliens have overrun the place, a four man team are sent to check it out and wipe them out.

Filmed over a four year period and on a low budget Peter Jackson knew what he was doing with the the cast playing other roles ie aliens and part of behind the scenes crew.

Apart from the budget they did pull of a lot of good blood splatter and guts coming out and some good comedy lines even from Derek (Peter Jackson) who claims an alien cant be from the ministry as he is walking too fast and drools over a chainsaw.

I don't really condone animal cruelty in films but the sheep getting blown up was kinda hysterical or is it my bad sense of humour showing. As silly as this movie is its still a classic film.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg movies-bt.jpg (9.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 23rd October 2018, 05:29 AM
Cult Addict

I always think of the sheep scene as a pure bit of Monty Python style humour.
Classic moment.
MrBarlow likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 23rd October 2018, 11:49 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Curse of the Werewolf.

An old tramp goes begging for food and ends up locked in a dungeon after offending a mean spirited marquis, and rapes a mute servant girl who later gives birth to a cursed child on Christmas Day.

This is a excellent werewolf film from Hammer studios and directed by the ever reliable Terence Fisher. Oliver Reed is very good indeed in the lead role of Leon the chap who will turn into a savage beast on the night of the full moon. His only hope being the love of a good woman to keep the beast at bay. and he finds one as well when he falls for his bosses daughter, but unfortunately everything still goes pear shaped.

set in Spain and with nice sets and cinematography. the only criticism being that the story takes a while to get going, and Oliver Reed himself doesnt appear until half way through the film and the werewolf even later. but overall i throughly enjoyed this film and will award it 83 out of 100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the-curse-of-the-werewolf.jpg (64.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 23rd October 2018, 11:53 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Wow! I'm so far behind now. October 18th was my last watch post.
Old 23rd October 2018, 12:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default October 19th

Wolfen (1981)

An intriguing, thoughtful, ever so slightly classy, occasionally gory, yet not remotely scary horror film about an intelligent breed of mutant killer wolves with special tracking abilities running wild in New York city as cop Albert Finney investigates.

As well as the film having an eco message, correlating the plight of the native American Indian to the wolves violent acts, although it's not particularly heavy handed. The film boasts excellent optical effects with subjective camera work denoting the wolves point of view as they go hunting human prey and it comes across as very refreshing, rather innovative and most of all extremely memorable.

One of the great 80's horror films.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41YZR9EVHPL._SY445_.jpg (20.5 KB, 3 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!