All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd October 2018, 10:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
It does. And I have had the disc for a couple of years and still haven't gotten around to watching the Spanish version
Cheers!! I'm sure it's worth the wait ...

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 24th October 2018, 08:40 AM
Cult Addict

Puppet Master 2
A group of paranormal investigators head to the bodega hotel to investigate the incidents of the first film, the puppets awaken their creator in order to fully regain their power.
So on comparison to the previous film, this one is more entertaining, especially with the introduction of Torch and also the moment at the end made me chuckle.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 24th October 2018, 12:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The Black Cat.

Robert Miles(Patrick magee) is a eccentric old psychic chap who can use his powers to possess his cat to go on the rampage and kill. and when a series of murders start happening in the small english town that look like accidents a Scotland yard inspector( David warbreck) is brought in to find out what's going on and he teams up with Mimsy farmer who is a photographer.

The Black cat is directed by Lucio fulci and losely based on the Edgar allen poe story. it is one of his more weaker films and a lot tamer than his classics like Zombie flesh eaters and The Beyond, and a cat on the rampage is a bit underwelming compared to the living dead. but its still has some good things going for it and has a lot of Fulci's great atmospheres and camerawork, with his usual obsession with eyes. and also the pov shots of the cat are really cool.
dagmar Lassander who had a nasty demise by poker in House by the cemetery also shows up again, and although starting to pack a few more pounds is a lot more appealing than miserable Mimsy farmer. shame that she ends up in flames. and Fulci regular Danielle doria who unsurprisingly gets killed off yet again.

okay, definately not top notch Fulci but still well worth owning for Fulci fans. and arrows restoration is top notch too. 75 out of 100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blackcatfulci06.jpg (20.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 24th October 2018, 05:50 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I'm not entirely happy with this dinosaur design. It looks like a half assed Jurassic Park knock off.

I think i'll get another pumpkin and do a classic scary Halloween design ala my Halloween avatar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6118 (Large).jpg (49.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 24th October 2018, 05:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Now why I am thinking of Invasion Of The Dinosaurs??

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 24th October 2018, 07:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Pit and The Pendulum(1961).

Vincent Price stars as Nicolas Medina, a nobleman grieving after the mysterious death of his beloved wife Elizabeth. And has to face her brother who shows up at his castle demanding answers.

This is another great Roger Corman film with Price doing what he does best. And he is superb here as the unstable and tortured son of a sadistic inquisitor who still keeps his father's torture chamber in working order in the basement of the castle, complete with the pendulum that comes into focus at the end of the film.
It is rather slow and talky at times, but it's superbly made and is a gothic masterpiece with period sets and costumes, complete with secret passageways and creepy crypts and cobwebs.
Barbara Steele is as stunning as ever in the cameo role of Elizabeth. And all the cast do a great job as well, including Luana Anders who plays Price's sister in the film.

An excellent old school classic 8.5/10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e8d7213a-f637-4065-9562-7faeda348e24.jpg (95.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 24th October 2018, 09:33 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Watching Black Christmas for the first time tonight (original of course).
Old 24th October 2018, 11:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Back From Hell 2011

A group of friends stay at a Manor and evil awakens hoping to possess them.

I don't remember buying this film, filmed as a found footage made in Italy this really should have stayed lost, the actors were convincing but the story was crap. Only thing that shocked me that I never fell asleep during it. Avoid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg L_Mtd405.Jpg (54.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 25th October 2018, 08:41 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Back From Hell 2011

A group of friends stay at a Manor and evil awakens hoping to possess them.

I don't remember buying this film, filmed as a found footage made in Italy this really should have stayed lost, the actors were convincing but the story was crap. Only thing that shocked me that I never fell asleep during it. Avoid.
I've bought this in the past. It sounded okay being Italian and all and the cover intrigued but, yeah i agree, it was truly shite.
Old 25th October 2018, 11:03 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

That film has the same artwork as The Borderlands...

Like this? Share it using the links below!