All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd October 2019, 09:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
Just got back home after spending the day at hospital with my old dear, so my October schemes are on hold for the moment. I'll see what spare time i have in few days and try to catch up if i can. Absolutely knackered. Whiskey and noodles for dinner.
Hope all is ok Deadite
Deadite likes this.
Old 3rd October 2019, 09:43 PM
Cult Addict

I loved "Evelyn" , glad someone dug it as much as i did.

I also enjoyed Strange Invaders when i saw it, not too well known, shame as it was a decent film.

Also good to see 'Carnival of souls' mentioned, a favourite, such a unique film.
I've got the Criterion blu here as well but not...ah.. well screw it i'm gonna put it on now.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 3rd October 2019, 09:48 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
Tonight's viewing was Savageland. One of the millions of 'found footage/mockumentary' type films. It is on Amazon Prime, here is the synopsis, sorry if i seem vague, just try not to post potential spoilers should anyone else who has not seen it and is a fan of the genre fancies watching :

When a small town near the Arizona-Mexico border is wiped out overnight, suspicion falls on the lone survivor. But a roll of photos the survivor took that night tells a different story.

It's not a very long film, and even then it seemed to drag at times however saying that, i actually enjoyed it and has the potential for a re-watch some time in the future.

On a side note, really enjoying reading through this thread, giving so many suggestions of films that i've missed over the years.
Pleased to hear it's giving you ideas, Heisenberg.

Your own contributions are much appreciated too.
Old 3rd October 2019, 10:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Silver Bullet 1985.

A small town is besieged by attacks, a brother and sister believe it to be a werewolf and convince their uncle to help them.

This was a decent werewolf movie from the mind of Stephen King although it was never a success due to poor marketing and promotions (allegedly). Corey Haim gives a good performance as Marty who believes there werewolf is alive and well. Megan Follows plays Jane, Marty's sister and narrator of the story and Gary Busey as Uncle Red in one of his great performances. Everett McGill stars as the town reverend and Terry O'Quinn as the sheriff.

There is some mild blood and gore which isn't splattered about in a bloodfest manner and the killings are crafted well with the suspense. Carlo Rambaldi done a decent werewolf suit although producer Dine De Laurentiss hated it as it seemed it was a rushed job to make it. Still a good classic film IMHO.
Old 3rd October 2019, 10:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default October 2nd (2)

Pumpkinhead (1988)

Stan Winston's terrific morality tale of a demon resurrected from hell by a witch to carry out vengeance is a horror classic that is often overlooked when it comes to 80's genre cinema. Supremely atmospheric with fairytale like qualities and one of the greatest creature designs ever, Pumpkinhead is must see October viewing.

Much as i love Pumpkinhead, the character names toy with the idiot in my head. We have Tom Harley and Lance Henriksen's Ed Harley. Every time the witch mentions their names (and she does frequently) i always think ' Yeah, but what would Topper Harley do?'.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16873123379.jpg (96.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 3rd October 2019, 10:28 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Pumpkinhead (1988)

Much as i love Pumpkinhead, the character names toy with the idiot in my head. We have Tom Harley and Lance Henriksen's Ed Harley. Every time the witch mentions their names (and she does frequently) i always think ' Yeah, but what would Topper Harley do?'.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 4th October 2019, 09:36 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Mole People 1956.

A archaeology dig uncover a civilisation underneath of mole people.

Decent 50s B movie that seemed to be well written and directed unlike some other B movies, even the ending was a bit mind boggling and a mediocre twist in a way. John Agar does a decent job as Dr Roger Bently who find a stone tablet and try to uncover it's origins. Alan Napier (tv's Batman Alfred) does a good part as the High Priest Elinu. This may not be for everyone as the start did partly drag on but does get better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hqdefault.jpg (29.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 4th October 2019, 12:34 PM
Cult Veteran

Day Three

Torso (aka Carnal Violence) (1973)

It's supposed to be one of the better gialli but I was left a little disappointed by it. It felt disjointed, pervy and that twist was well out there and made little sense

Day Four

Insidious (2010)

A little bit all over the place but still ultimately fun. Almost ruined by the (not very) comedic ghost hunting duo but once that final act got going I was loving the 80s horror vibes it was giving off.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 4th October 2019, 12:39 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Day Three

Torso (aka Carnal Violence) (1973)

, pervy .

Surely 10/10 then no ?

Old 4th October 2019, 12:47 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Surely 10/10 then no ?

Too much boob and not enough (any) dick

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!