LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th October 2019, 10:59 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
My God! How have you lot not seen Hocus Pocus?

I haven't seen The Witches either.
I've seen The Witches several times and own it on DVD. I like everything about the film except from the ending where I wish they'd kept the beautiful final scene from the book.
Old 8th October 2019, 11:05 AM
Cult Addict

I've never seen Hocus Pocus all the way through, it was on T.V about a month ago, think i managed about half an hour.

Bette Midler...The Horror.

I guess if you saw it as a kid.

But then i love the Goonies so i know nothing.

311fe468b42dace6de2e60adefc53918.jpg

The Witches is great, terrifying kids for generations.

witcxhes.jpg

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 8th October 2019, 11:09 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The one thing going for Hocus Pocus is that it's the only film where i find Sarah Jessica Parker attractive.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 8th October 2019, 11:16 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Ah yes, Bette Midler. Knew there was a reason i never bothered with Hocus Pocus.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 8th October 2019, 11:30 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
The one thing going for Hocus Pocus is that it's the only film where i find Sarah Jessica Parker attractive.
Ditto!

And I thought I was the only one...
Deadite likes this.
Old 8th October 2019, 11:35 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The room is suitably decked out in Halloween style now although i don't put everything on each evening. It's too soon.

Last night i just had a couple of skulls lit and a pumpkin cauldron.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6961 (Large).JPG (37.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6951 (Large).JPG (45.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 8th October 2019, 11:49 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Ditto!

And I thought I was the only one...
Must be the pointy hat.
Old 8th October 2019, 02:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default October 8th

Hellraiser: Deader (2005)

Utterly incomprehensible supernatural thriller that sees investigative reporter Kari Wuhrer searching out the 'Deaders' in Romania. Wuhrer is fine as is Doug Bradley and the Cenobites, but their lack of screen time (They appear for all of five minutes at the end) means that not only is the film incomprehensible it is also a pointless Hellraiser vehicle.

Comfortably the worst of the Doug Bradley Pinhead films but through no fault of his own doing.

Twins of Evil (1971)

The third film in Hammer's Karnstein trilogy and one that is unrelentingly grim.

The use of Playboy model twins Mary and Madeline Collinson is inspired and culminates in a gripping scene as one of the twins (The wrong one) is about to be burned at the stake. Peter Cushing at times looks ill at ease with his role as a radical puritan who is as misguidedly evil as the vampires he's tracking down. As with the other two film in the series - The Vampire Lovers (1970) and Lust for a Vampire (1971) - sex and blood dominate proceedings. Composer Harry Robertson's thumping score is one of the best ever heard in a British horror film.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0096009773090_p0_v2_s550x406.jpg (32.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 51hMgR1r4pL.jpg (56.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 8th October 2019, 05:00 PM
Cultist in Training

The last 2 evenings have been taken up with Friday the 13th Part 5 and Jason X. I rolled 2 dice to pick what ones to watch, twice. They landed on 5 and 10. I'll be honest, i actually enjoyed these more than really should have as, although i love the Friday the 13th films (have not watched the reboot for fear of it killing my enjoyment of the old ones), i find parts 5 and 10 to be the weaker of them (my personal favourite is 6). If you just accept them for what they are (poorly acted nonsensical slasher flicks) they are pretty entertaining, although i will never understand the continuation from part 5 to part 6 (if there is meant to be any). Jason X on the other hand, yes it's Jason in space in the future and it is as ridiculous as it sounds, lol.
Just realized that 3 From Hell is coming out next week so will have to rewatch House of 1000 corpses and Devils Rejects before then as well.
Old 8th October 2019, 05:16 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
The last 2 evenings have been taken up with Friday the 13th Part 5 and Jason X. I rolled 2 dice to pick what ones to watch, twice. They landed on 5 and 10. I'll be honest, i actually enjoyed these more than really should have as, although i love the Friday the 13th films (have not watched the reboot for fear of it killing my enjoyment of the old ones), i find parts 5 and 10 to be the weaker of them (my personal favourite is 6). If you just accept them for what they are (poorly acted nonsensical slasher flicks) they are pretty entertaining, although i will never understand the continuation from part 5 to part 6 (if there is meant to be any). Jason X on the other hand, yes it's Jason in space in the future and it is as ridiculous as it sounds, lol.
Just realized that 3 From Hell is coming out next week so will have to rewatch House of 1000 corpses and Devils Rejects before then as well.
I tried many times to watch Jason X and i just can't like it i have tried but i can't stand it. The idea is great something different but its too cheap and the acting i hate American daytime soap type acting.
trebor8273 and Heisenberg like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!