Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th October 2019, 05:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Resigned up for shudder , think I might try the critters show.

Anyone seen hellhouse llc?

Edit its found footage will give it a miss

Last edited by trebor8273; 8th October 2019 at 05:39 PM.
Old 8th October 2019, 05:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'm probably in the minority but I prefer this to the original which I found to be slow with wooden acting and at least here the teenagers look the right age. Fast paced with some good effects and great gore/kills. 7.5/10

Now watching .

Old 8th October 2019, 06:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

Twins of Evil (1971)

The third film in Hammer's Karnstein trilogy and one that is unrelentingly grim.

The use of Playboy model twins Mary and Madeline Collinson is inspired and culminates in a gripping scene as one of the twins (The wrong one) is about to be burned at the stake. Peter Cushing at times looks ill at ease with his role as a radical puritan who is as misguidedly evil as the vampires he's tracking down. As with the other two film in the series - The Vampire Lovers (1970) and Lust for a Vampire (1971) - sex and blood dominate proceedings. Composer Harry Robertson's thumping score is one of the best ever heard in a British horror film.
I think Twins of Evil is one of the most underrated hammer horror films.
Old 8th October 2019, 06:58 PM
Cult Addict

Phantasm
2 brothers discover strange happenings at the local funeral parlour, and discover the mortician has been taking bodies to be used as dwarf slaves.
Don Coscarellis horror movie is still a damn fine piece of work. Angus scrimm is terrifying as the Tall Man. Also a creepy soundtrack.
518kDX8g%2BzL.jpg

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 8th October 2019, 08:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A anthology of three story's introduced by John Carpenter who plays a coroner who introduces the story's ( also wrote two with the third by Tobe Hooper) .

First story involves a young woman who takes a job at a gas station , even though a killer is supposed to be on the loose.

Second. a man worried about going bald , takes a revolutionary new treatment with disastrous results.

Third. A baseball player ( Mark Hamill) lose his eye in a car accident , he receives a replacement through a transplant , but not long after surgery he begins to have visions / hallucination of killings and dead bodies.

Lots of well knowing stars and horror icons to spot. 7.5/10

Now watching part three of The Stand.
Old 8th October 2019, 08:33 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

A anthology of three story's introduced by John Carpenter who plays a coroner who introduces the story's ( also wrote two with the third by Tobe Hooper) .

First story involves a young woman who takes a job at a gas station , even though a killer is supposed to be on the loose.

Second. a man worried about going bald , takes a revolutionary new treatment with disastrous results.

Third. A baseball player ( Mark Hamill) lose his eye in a car accident , he receives a replacement through a transplant , but not long after surgery he begins to have visions / hallucination of killings and dead bodies.

Lots of well knowing stars and horror icons to spot. 7.5/10

Now watching part three of The Stand.
Another one to add to the ever growing list. Sounds right up my street, thanks for the review.
trebor8273 and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 8th October 2019, 08:36 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
Another one to add to the ever growing list. Sounds right up my street, thanks for the review.
One of my favourite anthology films all three story stories are great and John Carpenter is pretty funny in between stories. Definitely worth picking up its one i never get bored of. Stacy Keach and Mark Hamill are fantastic.
trebor8273 and Heisenberg like this.

Last edited by Nordicdusk; 8th October 2019 at 08:47 PM.
Old 8th October 2019, 08:45 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 8

MV5BYjMyNzNlYTUtYTliNy00MzQ2LWI3OTUtMzhmMTg3YWQ1NzVlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

A group of scientists are stationed on a derelict planet when some of the crew are killed in an explosion outside of the lab which kicks off a chain of horrible events starting when one of the female members is raped and impregnated by an insect like alien lifeform. Sandy soon starts going through a physical and mental change when she starts going on a murder spree through the remaining crew members.

Inseminoid is an entertaining film but it could of been a lot better. When Sandy is attacking the other crew members the fights are laughable when someone swings a punch and swings it a mile over her head or she is crushing someones skull into the ground its like she is trying to wash their hair but they have a sensitive scalp so she has to be as delicate as she can possibly be. There is a lot of blood and the gore looks good even if we do mostly only see the aftermath of it rather than the actual act because the camera usually focuses on their faces when anything is actually happening. Just a word of warning keep an eye on the sound level on your TV there is a lot of screaming especially from Sandy The acting is pretty decent when there is some dialogue but when people get injured or attacked or see something upsetting they seem to have how they are supposed to react all wrong a few quick examples someone is pushed or gets falls over they will scream their bloody face off but someone is having their insides pulled out they will just lay there or they find one of their friends ripped apart and hung on the wall they just deadpan and unconcerned and unfazed. It's the inconsistencies like this that will just have you laughing at this film which is a shame.

Like i said it is entertaining but it is sloppy.

5/10
Old 8th October 2019, 09:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Superstition (aka The Witch) 1982.

In 1692 a witch sentenced to death by drowning swears revenge on the decendents of the family who accused her.

This film seemed to have mixed views but it was enjoyable, not the over the top budget and great acting but does have it's moments especially when it was put on the video nasty list in the early 80s. It does rely on some expect the unexpected jump scenes which can be predictable but there is decent amount of blood splatter, its another one best viewed in the dark.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg v1.jpg (27.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 9th October 2019, 07:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

15.THE WOLFMAN (1941)
Classic Universal horror and great make up by Jack Pierce.
"Even a man who is pure at heart.."

16.THE EXORCIST (1973) (Theatrical version)
Awesome.
** Btw, I wish the spider walk in the new version looked the same as the footage in the Mark Kermode documentary. That was great.

Like this? Share it using the links below!