Old 20th October 2019, 02:38 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
3 From Hell (2019)

Ah, forget it. Simple fact - I loved this film!
Just what I needed, Dem, thank you. I didn't get into town last week but hope to go in on Tuesday so a trip to HMV for this and some of the cult horror titles sounds to be good preparation for the end of the month.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 20th October 2019, 02:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

All formats of 3 From Hell have a directors commentary from Rob Zombie and the 95 minute documentary To Hell and Back: The Making of 3 from Hell.

In a world where extras are minimal on genre releases unless it's a release from Arrow or other boutique labels, Lions Gate should be congratulated on a disc that's as good as anything put out by Powerhouse or their ilk when it comes to documenting the making of a film.
Old 20th October 2019, 02:55 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
All formats of 3 From Hell have a directors commentary from Rob Zombie and the 95 minute documentary To Hell and Back: The Making of 3 from Hell.

In a world where extras are minimal on genre releases unless it's a release from Arrow or other boutique labels, Lions Gate should be congratulated on a disc that's as good as anything put out by Powerhouse or their ilk when it comes to documenting the making of a film.
I think that shows a commitment to the physical format by the filmmaker which is to be welcomed and makes the purchase even better value for money.
Heisenberg likes this.
Old 20th October 2019, 04:49 PM
Cult Veteran

Scared Stiff (1987)

Decent enough 80s horror film that seems to be as much about pigeons as it is about the spirit of an 1800's slaver coming back to haunt the new inhabitants of his old mansion. It doesn't really make much sense and the kid is pretty annoying but it has some good fun bits and some pretty 'out-there' practical effects.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 20th October 2019, 05:11 PM
Cultist in Training

Thanks to the wife working funny shifts (so hogging the tv to catch up on her shows) and my amazing memory have been slacking with adding to what i've been watching.
Here's what i have watched so far, with a rating out of 10 (just my opinion)

Christine -7/10
My Bloody Valentine (1981) - 8/10
Savagelannd - 7/10
My Bloody Valentine (2009) - 7/10
They're Watching - 7/10
The Fog (1980) - 9/10
Terrifier - 7/10
Friday the 13th Part 5 - 5/10
Jason X - 6/10 (terrible film but still find it enjoyable)
Videodrome - 7/10
Creepshow (1982) - 8/10
Shocker - 8/10
House of 1000 corpses - 8/10
The Devils Rejects - 8/10
3 From Hell - 8/10
Creepshow 2 - 7/10
31 - 7/10
Hellraiser - 9/10
The Prey - 6/10
Willard - 6/10

Tonight's viewing is going to be Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974), not seen this film in about 10 years so looking forward to it, last film i watched under the 'Texas Chainsaw' banner was Texas Chainsaw 3d. Yea, i know lol
Old 20th October 2019, 05:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Don't Torture A Duckling 1972.

In a small Italian town rife with superstition, a promiscuous young woman and a journalist team up to solve child killings.

Stylish murder horror giallo by Lucio Fulci, this is one of those old classic who done it movie with a good element of twist and turns with a darker tone and gore, although it's tame to Fulci's later work with his gore fetish. Florinda Bolkan (Flavia) plays the outcast/suspected town witch who may be sacrificing young children. Barbara Bouchet ( Blood and Diamonds) plays the young horny woman. Tomas Milan (JFK) as the journalist. This is defeinatly one for Fulci fans.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (10.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 20th October 2019, 07:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Tales From The Crypt: Bordello Of Blood. 1996.

A funeral home is a front for a brothel of female vampires.

The tv show was always good with the crypt keeper introducing the stories, Erika Eliniak (Under Siege) is the sister to Corey Feldman, as he goes missing she hires Private eye Dennis Miller and tracks his last movements to a Bordello house and undertaker Aubrey Morris ( A Clockwork Orange yeees) as sort of renfield/protector. This was a blend of comedy laughs horror and gore, plenty of topless women and with a small appearance by Whoopi Goldberg and Chris Sarandon as the gospel reverend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images-1.jpg (15.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 20th October 2019, 11:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight.

A man on the run is in possession of a key that's wanted by a man known as the collector.

Decent chapter from Tales From The Crypt that's fun and entertaining flick that's bit like a 50s B movie. William Sadler (Die Hard 2) plays Brayker who is hiding a secret. Billy Zane (Titanic) plays the collector and summoning hells dominions for help. This is a bit more darker and does have it's jump scenes that were done well as the special effects were good and good star cast from CCH Pounder, Jada Pinkett Smith and Dick Miller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images-2.jpg (13.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 21st October 2019, 06:06 PM
Cult Addict

The Omen (2006)
Remake of the original, nothing really different to the plot a couple of short surreal nightmares and a politician is blown up at the beginning.
It's certainly not the worst thing ever made, but apart from what I mentioned the only good thing is the cast, including Pete Postlewaite, David Thewliss and Mia Farrow. Not offensive really but if you plan to watch the remake, it's probably not the smartest idea to watch the original the week before.
717d3f48a0b64e0a94b99ec3d065be1e.jpg

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 21st October 2019, 06:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Deadly Manor 1990.

A group of teens decide to take shelter in a old house but they are not alone someone or something is killing them.

Que the clues, mysterious gloomy gothic manor not the best idea to go in, banged up car on a grave, that's a hint, a girl vanishes, no she didn't go for a walk outside or she would have said something, two more people go missing get the heck out of there don't stay in...dafties. The premise of this film sounded good but lost 90 mins of my life and the "supposed" twist ending was really shit. Not even worth a glance.

Like this? Share it using the links below!