Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st October 2019, 06:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Critters Attack (2019)

Dumb but fun modern sequel in the Critters franchise. Despite it’s mediocre reviews I really enjoyed this movie. Basically a group of kids on a day out in the national park discover an injured lady Crite and bring her home with them only the boy Crites aren’t very happy about it and cause havoc in the town killing everyone in sight! Dee Wallace is back though, this time she’s packing heavy artillery!

I might be in the minority on this one but I was entertained for the full 90 minutes and wasn’t bored at all.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 21st October 2019, 07:20 PM
Cult Master

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 21

MV5BYjkzYjU5NzQtMzM1Mi00NTAyLWIzNjctYWUwNjMxM2IzNjFlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY268_CR6,0.jpg

Five English "tennagers" all over 40 head to the funfair so their muleted desperado mate can pull a bird. He tries to crack on to any female that passes no matter what they look like he's a smooth operator for sure. He spots a lone girl getting on the waltzers and decides to stop for a little perv cause woman love a sad git staring at them 10% of the time it works every time. After some carnys start harassing the girl on the waltzers our hero and his mates jump to the rescue not all heroes wear capes some have awesome mullets and snow white socks and slip ons. After a ridiculous chase around the fun fair they all hide in a ghost train and the rest of their gang crash through the ghost train in a daring escape from the chain weidling carys. Now that five has become six with the addition of the American girl from the waltzers they set sail in their small boat for god knows what reason but soon they hit rocks and the boat starts to sink so they abandon ship and swim to the closest island where they find an abandoned hotel that is totally decked out for a New Years party with every room covered in xmas decorations and fireworks for the new year's celebrations but the strange part is its the height of summer nowhere close to New Year. Soon strange things start to happen in the hotel are the occupants playing tricks on them or is there something supernatural going on.

Oh where to start

The acting is the first thing that hit me cause its terrible their actions and decision making is so laughable. Their mates or girlfriends or boyfriends which ever are getting attacked or murdered there is no reaction they just stand there watching without trying to help and then after the murder is committed they carry on like nothing has happened budgets maybe low but it costs nothing to act upset that you mate for 20 years o whatever was just massacred in front of your eyes. When they arrive at the hotel granted they are wet and need some dry cloths but when all they find are old fashioned clothes not sure when they have to put on the accessories that come with them or style their hair to the period of the clothes best example is the one that shows up dressed as a teddy boy with the trademark slicked hair style why

Worst episode of brookside ever
Old 21st October 2019, 09:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Salem's Lot 1979.

Successful novelist and a young horror fan team up to rid a small town of vampires.

Who da thought Hutch would make a good vampire hunter?
Made for tv series 40 years ago and still holds out as a great vampire entertainment. David Soul is great as the novelist Ben Mears returning to his childhood town with the arrivals of Mr Richard Straker played brilliantly by James Mason Who is mysterious and well spoken, also a watchdog/protector for Mr Kurt Barlow played menancingly by Reggie Nalder, who went through a tough time being made up to look creepy with the contact lenses. Tobe Hooper done a great job with Stephen King's novel in bringing it life. It still has it's suspense moments and dark moments with the vampires eyes light up and glaring in the basement.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 225px-Salemslotthemovie.jpg (16.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 21st October 2019, 09:15 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

SALEM'S LOT=CLASSIC!
bleakshaun and MrBarlow like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 21st October 2019, 09:16 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watched Scream Factory's OMEN trilogy yesterday-worth every cent.
They look and sound incredible,especially the original.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 21st October 2019, 09:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watched ANGEL HEART on Saturday night.
These Studio Canal remasters are certainly worth picking up.

Old 21st October 2019, 09:18 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Tonight's masterpiece....

Old 21st October 2019, 10:22 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default October 20th

Halloween: H20 (1998)

A good cast, some nice in joke easter eggs and some well done set pieces make Halloween: H20 one of the classier offerings in the series.

A sequel to Halloween II, all further installments are completely ignored, this feels like the real deal, even if it owes a little too much to writer Kevin Williamson's Scream, in fact i'm sure it even nicks musical cues from that film, but with Michael Myers in good form it's easy to ignore those details and just enjoy H20 for what it is - a fine entry in the Halloween series.

Hell Fest (2018)

One of that small group of films set in theme parks (The Funhouse, Dark Ride, I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer - are all i can think of just off hand). This slasher about a group of young people who visit a Halloween carnival and end up stalked by a masked wearing serial killer was an unexpected surprise.

Unexpected because i'd seen as many negative comments regarding Hell Fest as positive, if not more, and i really enjoyed it. The whole thing looked so damn good. The Hell Fest was a fabulous place, all gaudy, day-glow colours - no running around in pitch black darkness here folks - in fact it's quite Argento like in it's use of colour and felt fresh and original - with a reasonably likable cast to root for and a couple of really well done practical murder set pieces. It only let itself down because there simply weren't enough deaths which was a real pity, but on the whole i thought this was excellent.

A film that felt like a genuine 80's slasher.
Old 21st October 2019, 10:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The House On The Edge Of The Park 1980.

After having car trouble a group of people enter a garage and invite the mechanic and his friend to a house party when the men turn on the group mayhem insues but did the group have it all planned.

This is a dark, disturbing and seen as oddly erotic film from Ruggero Deodato, it's full of lust and violence from the start with a strong attack on a girl. Deodato does his very best to keep things going and not let it trail off or let any of the characters become boring and some good casting with David Hess, Lorraine De Selle, Giovanni Lombardo Radice and Christian Borromeo. May not be for everyone but certainly worth a glance.

Has anyone seen the film Isoltation (2005), if so is it any Good?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019-10-21-23-00-45-.jpg (13.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 21st October 2019, 10:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post

Has anyone seen the film Isoltation (2005), if so is it any Good?
It's excellent. Very grim. The kind of horror film they don't make nowadays. definitely adult horror.
MrBarlow likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!