Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th October 2019, 07:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Crazies 2010.

In Ogden Marsh, Iowa, the peaceful residents start to turn psychotic and kill those around them, the local sheriff is bewildered until the town is under quarantine and tries to find the answers and survive.

This was a decent remake of the 70s film, from the start there is a good build up and wastes no time to get at the thrill of the story. At some scenes it acts like it's going to drag on then back to horror of psychotic people. Timothy Olyphant (Hitman) takes on the role as the sheriff and Radha Mitchell (Man On Fire) plays the wife and local doctor. From start to finish the pace moves decently with a few good tense bits and good kills. Recommended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7c08b41c5f9be169527ba3849d4e290e88a85a87.jpg (67.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 30th October 2019, 07:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Zombie Flesheaters

Still the best Exploito film title ever.
A reporter and an anxious relative travel to a remote island in search of answers about a 'missing' family member. Aided by determination (and a couple with a boat ), they all find that sometimes no news is good news COUGH.
I can only try and imagine what watching this now would be like. The things that keeps me awake
Ahem.
Now I'm going to listen to a director speak about his film

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 30th October 2019, 08:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A homage to all those zombie movies especially Romero's. One of the best modern zombie movies. 9.5/10

A classic one of the best ghost stories of all time. The atmosphere is so thick you could cut it with a knife. 9.5/10

Now watching.

Old 30th October 2019, 09:04 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 28

81XBZEYJCGL._SY445_.jpg

Four councillors go to work in a summer camp in the Spanish countryside. The day before the kids arrive a rage virus breaks out first the animals then the people.

I feel a headache coming on after watching this rubbish whenever anything happens we get the old shaky cam going on its so hard to watch i kept finding myself having to look away it was so annoying. The next annoyance was the virus was changing from person to person i mean they were actually taking turns being infected then the first person who was infected went back to normal only for someone else to be the infected one.

A taste of how stupid the dialogue was

Spanish man : Papa

American Girl : WHAT IS HE SAYING

Other Guy : Father

: skull:

Not good / 10
Old 30th October 2019, 09:32 PM
Cult Master

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 29

51kqMoaP8bL.jpg

Poundland Jason Mewes and friends head to the Irish woods to trip balls. He's dead oh waits i was tripping she's dead oh wait she is tripping are they dead who's dead no one is dead everyone is dead your not supposed to hit people in the face when fighting where are we who am i why do men have nipples i can't feel my face must be the drugs yeah thats it.

This was a hard one to get through two bad films in a row tonight like i said earlier this was gonna be fun

Stay in school and don't do drugs kids / 10
Old 30th October 2019, 09:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

First Nightbreed, now NOTLD 90, I’m starting to think you guys have no taste

Next you’ll be saying Near Dark is better than the Lost Boys!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 30th October 2019, 09:47 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post

Oh god this thread will go until xmas now you have re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re opened that can of worms
Rik, Justin101, Demoncrat and 3 others like this.
Old 30th October 2019, 10:10 PM
Cult Veteran

House of 1000 Corpses (2003)

I knew I'd made the right choice as soon as the date card popped up on the screen, 30th October 1977, if that's not serendipity then I don't know what is

A re-watch of the completley bonkers fever dream of a movie by Rob Zombie, it's absolutely what I imagined a White Zombie song would 'look' like. Even if Baby is slightly annoying in this first installment at times, Sheri Moon plays it perfectly. It's been quite a while since I saw this, so it blew my mind that both Rainn Wilson and Chris Hardwick are the 2 lads, both have gone onto much more mainstream things since! I'm looking forward to The Devil's Rejects later on in the week and then 3 From Hell at some point soon too

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 30th October 2019, 10:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post

Nightbreed isn't that bad will agree that Near Dark is a slow burner, decent thing about it is the soundtrack but that's all it's good for IMHO
Rik and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 30th October 2019, 10:56 PM
Cult Master

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 30

Dead-Next-Door-poster.jpg

When the undead walk the earth all law and order has broken down humanity is on its last legs and hope is fading fast there is no where left to run what choice do you have all you can do is call

THE ZOMBIE SQUAD yes thats what they are called

This film doesn't have a low budget its had no budget by the looks of it. Filmed on a Nokia 3210 this films looks a little rough and cheap. The dialogue and acting is horrible but the gore and effects more than make up for it sometimes it looks like a prop bought from a halloween shop and other times it looks fantastic. There are some great character names too Reverend Jones Dr Savini Raimi and Carpenter and the first Zombie we see is trying to rent Romero's Zombie movies at a video store For a film that looks like a couple of mates found a camera and had nothing else to do that weekend this is actually pretty good fun if only you are making fun of the film its still entertaining and i have seen much worse tonight already

In every scene there seems to be a zombie that sounds exactly like Janice from friends scary stuff indeed.

Great make up and gore and a lot of charm considering the obvious restraints this films had financially and it did make me laugh even if it wasn't the original intention of the film makers.

7/10

Like this? Share it using the links below!