Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th October 2020, 09:25 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 5

510Uz2IqQxL.jpg

For weeks Alex is having crazy nightmares each night they get more and more vivid but things get more worrying when he starts to get physically hurt from his nightmares. His nightmares are of a prison and the people who have been killed there. He feels drawn to Alcatraz where he goes with his friends and his brother to face whatever is causing the nightmare. Once on the island his brother gets possessed by the spirit of a canibalistic demon. Alex teams up with the ghost of a lead singer of a metal band who died on the island to try save his friends and his brothers life.

The acting is pretty shitty and there is way too much pointless talking and explaining of what is happening and what they must do to stop it. The gore looks great and the make up on the demon looks really cool but apart from that i just found it boring and annoying especially the ghost of the singer when ever she appeared i just wanted to skip on rather than listen to her ramblings of pure b*ll*x.

I just didn't get along with this one at all. Oh well the run was bound to end at some stage

4/10
Old 5th October 2020, 09:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 5

Attachment 228242

For weeks Alex is having crazy nightmares each night they get more and more vivid but things get more worrying when he starts to get physically hurt from his nightmares. His nightmares are of a prison and the people who have been killed there. He feels drawn to Alcatraz where he goes with his friends and his brother to face whatever is causing the nightmare. Once on the island his brother gets possessed by the spirit of a canibalistic demon. Alex teams up with the ghost of a lead singer of a metal band who died on the island to try save his friends and his brothers life.

The acting is pretty shitty and there is way too much pointless talking and explaining of what is happening and what they must do to stop it. The gore looks great and the make up on the demon looks really cool but apart from that i just found it boring and annoying especially the ghost of the singer when ever she appeared i just wanted to skip on rather than listen to her ramblings of pure b*ll*x.

I just didn't get along with this one at all. Oh well the run was bound to end at some stage

4/10

Totally agree , the gore was the only good thing about this. Coma inducing!

But I really enjoyed the uninvited , bonkers kitty and big George, enough said!
Old 5th October 2020, 09:46 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Totally agree , the gore was the only good thing about this. Coma inducing!

But I really enjoyed the uninvited , bonkers kitty and big George, enough said!
George Kennedy makes everything great
Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.
Old 5th October 2020, 09:47 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
It's purrfect this one!! Glad you liked it.

Yeah it's a really fun film needed more pussy tho.

Oh the jokes are endless for this.
Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.
Old 5th October 2020, 09:58 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I'm another who thought Slaughterhouse Rock was terrible. The cover was infamous from the vhs days but i never actually watched the film back then.

If i recall the 88 Films disc had a new home in CEX the day after i watched it.
trebor8273 and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 5th October 2020, 10:08 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm another who thought Slaughterhouse Rock was terrible. The cover was infamous from the vhs days but i never actually watched the film back then.

If i recall the 88 Films disc had a new home in CEX the day after i watched it.
Yes the poster is the best part about it i remember it from the video shop back in the day before i was old enough to rent it. Took me all these years to get around to it glad i didn't buy it Prime to the rescue.
Old 5th October 2020, 10:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Any film would have been different if JF had done it ffs

AHEM. Still thinking about Things tbh. A Chad Valley Evil Deadly Spawn whatever, it's aptly named. Maaan, it weirded me out. I watch Ittenbach to relax ffs. LAWDY.
Frankie Teardrop and MrBarlow like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th October 2020, 12:13 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Ohhh.. Slaughterhouse Rock is a prison movie I totally thought it was a rock and roll slasher lmao. Picked it up the other day in the HMV sale it's on my list for the month too!
Demoncrat, trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 6th October 2020, 12:16 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Candyman: Day of the Dead. 1999.

25 years after New Orleans, Candyman returns to find his great great great granddaughter, an artist like him to join him.

The third installment of the franchise, this is my first time seeing this film and feel very disappointed in this. Tony Todd returns as the hook handed killer and Co-Producer who seemed to have hated it, apart from some killings and a nice cleavage show the film seems to one way then a different way to the end which may have been better. The acting wasn't great and somewhat unappealing, and the film has drifted away from the dark tone the first one gave us, maybe a re-watch at some point but doubt that will be in a hurry.

8a5089dbe3f3ff0d68724d086fb0050c.jpg
Old 6th October 2020, 12:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
Ohhh.. Slaughterhouse Rock is a prison movie I totally thought it was a rock and roll slasher lmao. Picked it up the other day in the HMV sale it's on my list for the month too!
Maybe this might appeal to you Edgeworth.

414pqxTRHQL._SY445_.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!