All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th October 2020, 09:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Both WWDITSs (Phew) are worth it!! Hilarious and daft and cheeky and the claret .... (sighs).
Think I will give both the film and series a rewatch so bloody funny.
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 19th October 2020, 09:32 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It's on Prime if you're a member.
I am ill add it to my watch list thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 10:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Invisible Man. 2020.

When Cecelia leaves her abusive ex and is informed he has passed away, slowly she starts rebuilding her life only for to think he may not be dead at all or haunting her from the grave.

This is a different take on the Invisible Man movies, this is more like a re-imagining the film in present day as such but does have the atmospheric chilling notion of being watched and driven to the brink of insanity. Elizabeth Moss gives out a decent acting as Cecelia, the film basically starts as she leaves her ex and only hear about the abuse then it's like her ex has came back in a bad mood. Leigh Whannell seemed to know what he was doing with the effects as they are CGI but surprisingly they don't ruin the film, with suspense and tension added in, this is certainly worth a watch.

The-Invisible-Man.jpg
Old 19th October 2020, 10:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I am ill add it to my watch list thanks
Enjoy!
Nordicdusk likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 19th October 2020, 11:02 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Invisible Man. 2020.

When Cecelia leaves her abusive ex and is informed he has passed away, slowly she starts rebuilding her life only for to think he may not be dead at all or haunting her from the grave.

This is a different take on the Invisible Man movies, this is more like a re-imagining the film in present day as such but does have the atmospheric chilling notion of being watched and driven to the brink of insanity. Elizabeth Moss gives out a decent acting as Cecelia, the film basically starts as she leaves her ex and only hear about the abuse then it's like her ex has came back in a bad mood. Leigh Whannell seemed to know what he was doing with the effects as they are CGI but surprisingly they don't ruin the film, with suspense and tension added in, this is certainly worth a watch.

Attachment 228730
From the trailer is looks like there are some cool scenes i hope they are not all in the trailer .
Justin101 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 20th October 2020, 12:15 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
From the trailer is looks like there are some cool scenes i hope they are not all in the trailer .
I felt the trailer didn't spoil the film and it just made it more exciting to watch.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 20th October 2020, 07:17 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Shirome

A J pop group agree to visit a haunted house as a PR stunt.
Guess what happens then? Go on GUESS
Couldn't decide if he was taking the piss with this one ... or he'd gotten bored with the genre restrictions and was making a comedy ahem. Odd tonal shifts etc. Not a patch on Noroi or A Record Of Sweet Murder for sure ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 20th October 2020, 11:13 AM
Cultist

7/10.

Shite Van Helsing and Harker but Bela and Dwight Frye are superb.
Old 20th October 2020, 11:38 AM
Cult Veteran

Update on the viewing so far! (Had to shrink the browser to 80% to get them all in haha)

Planning to go slightly off-piste today and watch the Maleficent sequel, but I think it's halloweeney enough being about a witch!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 20th October 2020, 05:35 PM
Cult Veteran

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019)

Pushing the boundaries of what counts as 'horror' for my marathon but as you get this far in you have to vary it a little or you'll end up giving up early.

Truth be told, this is a pretty dark film. Michelle Pfeiffer going all out as a Queen plotting mass genocide against the fey folk. Unfortunately it does suffer from the trappings of being a Disney film, it's pretty corny at points and there is a lot of style over substance, but what style, this film does look magnificent. As does Angelina, I know they are not real cheekbones but oh my!

That being said there are parts of this that worked really well too. A highlight near the beginning for example had a very 'cursed' dinner between the two families which was both awkward and thrilling at the same time!

Worth a watch if you can stream it and have the time!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!