Old 13th October 2021, 08:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
30 days of unseen horror

Film 8

Attachment 236886

After committing some horrendous crimes a husband and wife are sent to a mental institute until the authorities are convinced they are crued. 15 years later Edmund and Dorothy Yates are released back into society. They move into a cottage out in the countryside to be by themselves but old habits die hard and it's not long before Dorothy is back on the hunt for fresh meat. The Yates have a daughter who has been kept in an orphanage while they were locked away she was released into the care of Dorothy's who keeps her parents troubled past away from her step sister who has never seen her parents and has never even spoken about them but does murder run in the family.

The first thing that struck me right of the bat was how bloody infuriatingly annoying Debbie was just a complete bitch she was making my blood boil as soon as she started talking acting like a spoilt little little arrogant bitch. Even more disturbing was later when we discover she is only 15 after what she was getting up to in the nightclub at the start bloody hell she should be at home having a tea party with her Barbies not getting man handled but some biker

Sheila Keith is amazing as Dorothy acting like an old dear all confused and innocent and in the flick of a switch a murderous maniac. I loved her attitude towards her victims during the tarot card readings just bloody brilliant and she looks like she is having a blast when it's time to murder someone and she pulls out her trusty drill showing it off like a loving mother showing off her newborn child.

The only character is didn't really take to was Graham he was a bit of an arsehole considering he was on a first date with Jackie he is screaming his head off at her and talking to her like garbage over her handling of her sister it just went from 0 to 100 in a second with him plus she was pretty rubbish at coming up with a fake backstory for himself

This was a fantastic film

8/10
What film is it?

Ignore i couldn't see the picture before!
Old 13th October 2021, 08:25 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Bollocks Nordi!

A cult classic!

Bow thy knees if you wish to even speak in my presence.
Old 13th October 2021, 08:27 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
What film is it?
Frightmare 1974

Sorry forgot to put in the picture it's done now.
Old 13th October 2021, 08:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Halloween (2018)

I know this had a mixed reception on this forum, but personally I really liked it! This was a rewatch for me in anticipation of Halloween Kills which arrives later in the month. Some of the scenes in this just look amazing, for example the crashed prison bus and the inmates roaming around in the fog looking confused and lost. Also, one of the best on screen head stomps!
In the process of rewatching this.
Yeah a lot of good scenes as you say the bus in the fog-and a lot of clever nods to the original.[/QUOTE]

Think I'll watch this and Halloween kills on Halloween night.
Old 13th October 2021, 08:30 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Don't forget the farting.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Christ on a bike i actually did forget it when doing my review

Sadly i laughed every time he farted you can't beat a good old fart
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 13th October 2021, 09:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Student Bodies. 1981.

A heavy breathing killer stalks and kills students at a high school.

The makers of this must have watched some of the 70s Giallo movies and randomly thought they can do that but make it a comedy. This is a horror that practically takes the biscuit by flashing up the clues, suspects and the killer's count, even the producer pops up and speaks to the audience about the R Rating, this was a lot better than flesh eating mothers.

p2506_p_v10_aa.jpg
Old 13th October 2021, 11:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Slaughterhouse Rock. 1987

Friends start to have dreams that are related to Alcatraz Prison and decide to visit there, when one of their group becomes possessed they are helped by a ghost of a female singer who died there to slay the demon.

First time watching this yet it made no real sense or did I miss something? How is one or others having the weird dreams centering around Alcatraz, Dont get me wrong the make up effects were done but the acting is not great and a bit of a thin plot, maybe a re-watch will happen.

220px-SlaughterRock1.jpg
Old 14th October 2021, 01:34 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Land On Of The Dead. 2005.

With the dead outnumbering the living, those still alive now living in part of the city walled in but the zombies are advancing quickly with intelligence.

Will hold my hands up Day of the dead (both original and remake) are not my favourite and was very hesitant about this and when I first watched it, this was brilliant. Not sure if Simon Baker was a great choice but still manages to pull it off. Dennis Hopper is always good as the antagonist and never over acts anyone as the shady property owner.

The plot is good as the zombies seem to be thinking more and like the living looking for their own sanctuary and set their sights on the walled city, but at least some are making a living with the zombies in a fighting ring and get your picture taken with them, always good to see Tom Savini do a somewhat reprise a role as the machete thug from the second one.

images.jpeg
Old 14th October 2021, 02:08 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Land On Of The Dead. 2005.

With the dead outnumbering the living, those still alive now living in part of the city walled in but the zombies are advancing quickly with intelligence.

Will hold my hands up Day of the dead (both original and remake) are not my favourite and was very hesitant about this and when I first watched it, this was brilliant. Not sure if Simon Baker was a great choice but still manages to pull it off. Dennis Hopper is always good as the antagonist and never over acts anyone as the shady property owner.

The plot is good as the zombies seem to be thinking more and like the living looking for their own sanctuary and set their sights on the walled city, but at least some are making a living with the zombies in a fighting ring and get your picture taken with them, always good to see Tom Savini do a somewhat reprise a role as the machete thug from the second one.

Attachment 236907
I had the same opinion when it came out. Used to dislike Day of the Dead, but really enjoyed Land.

A few years later, I was watching them all with my brothers, and surprised myself with how I loved Day. It was exhilarating.

Land, was still fun, something was off about it.
Old 14th October 2021, 08:01 AM
Cult Veteran

I have a rollercoaster type relationship with Land... I don't always love it, last time I watched it I really did though, but I have had times when it wasn't doing it for me, I think when you watch it in isolation it is a better film, when you watch them back to back it's too tonally different it stands out.

Day... It's my favourite though.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!